Im startin to play guitar. I need some ideas for sum beginner electric guitars. I did hav in mind the Epiphone Les Paul Special II guitar. It is affordable for me. Id like to spend under $300. Any ideas for guitars or is this a good one??? Thanks.
Never played it, but I've got a bit of advice for you:
Just because it's possible to use huge, orange letters doesn't mean it's a good idea.
ha i kno.
once on a forum sumone complain it was too small to read so...
get an ibanez dude.....Epiphones are nice...but if your gonna buy an epiphone save your money and get a higher quality one....I was looking getting the one guitar that your looking at but in all honesty (from my opinion) its a piece of ****. The neck was thick (and a bolt on for a les paul isnt all that great) and the pick-ups were not up to par.

Take a look at the Ibanez GAX series.
I dunno if you live in Toronto Canada but this site should give you a good idea of the quality of the GAX. http://www.lamusic.ca/default.asp?Filtertype=4&nBrand=68&nCategory=349&szNav=BrandSearch
check out www.ibanez.com too
Rocking the free world one step at a time!
For around 300, you could get an Epiphone G-400, or an Ibanez RG321. Also, the Yamaha Pacifica 112 is pretty good for a starter.
Quote by darkstar2466
Bigfoot.... The Abominable Snowman.... Chinese Democracy.... all stories, nothing more.

What amp do you have?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
^imo in this case he needs something just to play on. Great tone isn't a necessity in all likelyness.

Get a used Ibanez RG570. Specatcular guitars. I see them go for 200 ish on the bay alot.
I'm just wondering if he has one .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
ok i mite get a Ibanez GAX
which is the best for me to get outta the GAX30(bout $115) and GAX75(bout $150)?
and i also needa get an amp. any ideas??
Nothing wrong with the special II as a beginner guitar as long as you run it thru a good amp.

Get a VOX AD15VT
if you want a guitar that is cheap and good for the future i would recommend an sx from
rondomusic.com
they have a really sweet sx copy called the scorpion
and its only like 100 bucks
founder/leader of the Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club
pm me if you would like to join

--my gear--
squier '51 (flipped for left handed)
cheap no name 15w amp
i need an amp under $50 or so.
doesnt hav to be the lodest or the best...jus enof to play in my room and in front of my frinds and stuff...no gigs.
Quote by clab333
i need an amp under $50 or so.
doesnt hav to be the lodest or the best...jus enof to play in my room and in front of my frinds and stuff...no gigs.

Just look around ebay for a used Vox or Roland, their small models are loud enough for you and they won't set you back much.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
for an amp....there are tons of good ones....Peavey are good, cheap and durable.
also check out the roland micro cube.....good little amps that are ****in load as hell....will make you feel like pro
btw try out your guitars before you settle
i'd say one of the peavey transtube series would be a good bet
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
How bout this...?

Guitar- SX Scorpion ($109.95)
Amp- Peavey Audition TransTube Guitar Combo Amplifier ($45.95)

Any good?
Look into some Yamaha's, they tend to be the best choice in that price range.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.