Does anyone else have this problem? Fret 15 and up I just have problems hitting. Can someone tell me the correct way to get these? Sorry if I am not being to clear but if you understand help me out
Quote by amitbob21
ok im a noob at slapping. Is it my strings or do i just suck at slapping? I have a squier fender J bass(im a noob). Im thinking of getting Ibanez GSR200

Quote by CheekanWofls
Practice on your wife
Oh no........ You bought an Epi thunderbird didn't you?
The prog kid from way down under of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

GENERATION 7: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Nope GSR 100 Ibanez.
Quote by amitbob21
ok im a noob at slapping. Is it my strings or do i just suck at slapping? I have a squier fender J bass(im a noob). Im thinking of getting Ibanez GSR200

Quote by CheekanWofls
Practice on your wife
Is it a cutaway? If not then I advise you purchase one to play those higher frets, especially if you hope to form any complex chords up there.
Quote by Nikki197666
Oh no........ You bought an Epi thunderbird didn't you?

he probably did, umm like angle your hand, its kind of hard to explain
try to like do it like this:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/93/Guitar-hero-iii-cover-image.jpg
do it like slash is on the cover of guitar hero III
i hope that helps, and slash is the middle guy if you dont know but you should
thats the best i can explain it really
if u have a problem getting your hand around the body then your guitar is not the right shape for a lead or soloing guitarist...if its just b/c the notes are muffled then you may need to adjust your string height
SHOWBREAD

Quote by cheese_weasel
Winner of the intellectual comment of the day award.
Quote by pucci6d6
he probably did, umm like angle your hand, its kind of hard to explain
try to like do it like this:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/93/Guitar-hero-iii-cover-image.jpg
do it like slash is on the cover of guitar hero III
i hope that helps, and slash is the middle guy if you dont know but you should
thats the best i can explain it really

Any particular ****ing reason that Gene Simmons is playing guitar on that cover? Christ, a perfect example of the mainstream's obession with guitar. The 1,500,000 more people who watched a Guitar Hero version of YYZ than the actually Rush version of YYZ will now forever be lost to guitar. ****, ****, ****. That's all we need - more hobbiest mainstream guitar players. Time of My Life/Wonderwall ho!

Wow, I got carried away there...

Anyway, it may not look cool, but you might want to shorten the strap a good bit and play with the bass almost perpendicular to your body. Have it such that your elbow bend 90 degrees when you're at the 12-15th fret area and you should be able to reach in there better.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Any particular ****ing reason that Gene Simmons is playing guitar on that cover? Christ, a perfect example of the mainstream's obession with guitar. The 1,500,000 more people who watched a Guitar Hero version of YYZ than the actually Rush version of YYZ will now forever be lost to guitar. ****, ****, ****. That's all we need - more hobbiest mainstream guitar players. Time of My Life/Wonderwall ho!

Anyway, it may not look cool, but you might want to shorten the strap a good bit and play with the bass almost perpendicular to your body. Have it such that your elbow bend 90 degrees when you're at the 12-15th fret area and you should be able to reach in there better.

This worked thank you much. Also I agree with you on the whole Guitar Hero issue.
Quote by amitbob21

Quote by CheekanWofls
Practice on your wife
Quote by thefitz

dude first of all thats slash, second of all thats what reminded me of to help him, thirdly ive seen rush live twice before i was 10, and fourthly you need to stop swearing about a f*cking game dude
its a GAME and dont turn this into a guitar hero war its what reminded me of his problem, and no one is lost to guitar idk what your talking about
Quote by pucci6d6
dude first of all thats slash, second of all thats what reminded me of to help him, thirdly ive seen rush live twice before i was 10, and fourthly you need to stop swearing about a f*cking game dude
its a GAME and dont turn this into a guitar hero war its what reminded me of his problem, and no one is lost to guitar idk what your talking about

Hes talking about the fat guy on the right imbecile.
Quote by amitbob21

Quote by CheekanWofls
Practice on your wife
Quote by pucci6d6

Look, I saw Slash from 3 feet away at a small club last May. I know who Slash is and there's more than one person on the cover. What did any of my little rant have to do with you? I'm not going to bother making you look like a fool, you managed to do most of the work for me. I have a warning and I don't want to get banned over trivial things.

Anyway, glad it worked out for you, threadstarter.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Last edited by thefitz at Sep 20, 2007,
Quote by thefitz

ahh... that's one of the characters of the game, usually he just wears a viking suit, but i guess they decided to dress him up like a member of kiss, i don't know, i think his name is Lars or something, however i would agree with what you said about the OP's actually question though
Quote by thefitz

.... im pretty sure gene simmons started as a guitar player
Someone better call the WAAAAHmbulance on this thread.
So an irishman walks out of a bar.
Quote by DeAd-RiP
.... im pretty sure gene simmons started as a guitar player

And? Jaco Pastorius started out playing drums if I'm not much mistaken.

Gene Simmons is a bass player in Kiss therefore he should be portrayed with a bass. You're right though, it isn't actually Gene, the character's name is Lars Umlaut.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
And? Jaco Pastorius started out playing drums if I'm not much mistaken.

Gene Simmons is a bass player in Kiss therefore he should be portrayed with a bass. You're right though, it isn't actually Gene, the character's name is Lars Umlaut.

Lars.. Kinda sounds like Gene..
Ulmat... Sim..mo...nds..?

sweet