Page 1 of 2
=O!

The brittish pound is worth more than the american dollar at this point in time.

But that's probably old news.

that IS weird though.
I used to live in Canada, and now I live in Florida, it's weird thinking that things cost relativley the same dollar amount now.
Try passing the pound, then I'll be impressed.

Noobs.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
****in right
suck my dick greenback.

Although this will hurt the Canadian economy too, since now that the canadian dollar costs so much, there will be less yourism, and less trade
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
A link to the article/source would be appreciated.

As to what I think of the matter: meh. The pound is better than both (and probably better than both combined).
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
I could've sworn i saw the pound is worth like over 2 dollars when I was at the post office the other day.

I've been buggin my dad to go out and buy us a holiday home, apparently all the guys at his work are.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

this can either been seen as the candian economy is doing well or that the american one is doing poorly.

i'd say both
Quote by LoveMCR
=O!

The brittish pound is worth more than the american dollar at this point in time.

But that's probably old news.

Wtf!? When has the $ ever been stronger than the £?
I remember at one time it was like $1.33 to £1.00 but that's the closest they've been, to the best of my recollection atleast.
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
Why are you proud? Even if it happened, Canada is still the last across the finish line for having a currency more powerful then the dollar
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
There is no question whether or not it happened, it did. I don't think its an issue of pride. In the next few months prices will go down for products, so it just benefits Canadian consumers. Although, manufacturers who sell items in the US are suffering, because they aren't making a profit anymore.
Quote by uhh_me?
this can either been seen as the candian economy is doing well or that the american one is doing poorly.

i'd say both

Didn't the stock market just set an all time high not too long ago? Like over 14,000?
Rock Crawler of the UG Jeepers
PM Dirk Gently to join if you've got a Jeep
The Americanz dollar is under fire.

The other day the pound was worth 2.26 dollars or something crazy.

Big up teh blighty!
Quote by The Leader
Why are you proud? Even if it happened, Canada is still the last across the finish line for having a currency more powerful then the dollar

Who cares about proud, it's our chance to get some shopping done.
Quote by Jackolas
The Americanz dollar is under fire.

The other day the pound was worth 2.26 dollars or something crazy.

Big up teh blighty!

Righto, old chap!
Quote by krims0n
Who cares about proud, it's our chance to get some shopping done.

Now from a fiscal perspective then one of pride, thats thinking I can get behind.

We have a set shopping day every year, but they keep changing it on us; 1-2 days a year, no taxes on any goods. Holy **** you should see a shopping mall on one of those days, old ladies will kill you with their walkers if you so much as eye the merchandise their looking at.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
i went to niagra falls this summer and it was outrageously ****ing expensive like for a 10oz steak at an applebees in canada it was $23.00 here in P.A its like $13.00
Quote by nincompoop
potcorn56, you are a god.
Quote by potcorn56
i went to niagra falls this summer and it was outrageously ****ing expensive like for a 10oz steak at an applebees in canada it was $23.00 here in P.A its like $13.00

niagra falls sux for prices. its real touristy,so its a real gouge
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
Quote by akaDan
Ph33r my mighty pounds sterlin!

yeah but things cost twice as much there
sup?
Quote by OddOneOut
I could've sworn i saw the pound is worth like over 2 dollars when I was at the post office the other day.

I've been buggin my dad to go out and buy us a holiday home, apparently all the guys at his work are.

If you're talking about in the States, don't bother. Our real estate economy is so inflated right now. That's part of why we were close to recession. Plus things aren't cheaper here. For something you'd pay 250 GBP over there you'd just pay 500 USD over here.
the US made a big mistake with going under prime interest with bank loans.
Quote by RockThe40oz
If you're talking about in the States, don't bother. Our real estate economy is so inflated right now. That's part of why we were close to recession. Plus things aren't cheaper here. For something you'd pay 250 GBP over there you'd just pay 500 USD over here.

Thats not true because a lot of things (like mesa boogie) are produced in the US they are really expensive for us in UK. Mark IV Mesa would cost $3900 USD here for us
It's not long before the Canadian dollar is worth more than the American dollar for an extended length of time. Our economy is booming, while the American economy isn't looking too great.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Quote by uhh_me?
really? proof please
plus i want to read the reasons why

Reasons why? Do you know anything about economics?

By the way fellow Canadians, this could be bad for our exports. Though our imports will be a lot better.
Quote by Liberation
It's not long before the Canadian dollar is worth more than the American dollar for an extended length of time. Our economy is booming, while the American economy isn't looking too great.

yeah, but the canadian economy follows the American economy.

so if the american economy falls into recession, canada does soon after.
sup?
Quote by ldl67
yeah, but the canadian economy follows the American economy.

so if the american economy falls into recession, canada does soon after.

No, not really. Canada will NOT go into recession. Another thing Canada has finally done, is that we have invested money in the oil sands in Northern Saskatchewan, which now gives us two spots that will generate a ton of money. This is one force pushing our economy up. Also, for many years, the Canadian dollar was worth more than the American dollar.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
I've been ordering stuff online as of late to take advantage of this.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
I thought the pound was being replaced by the euro dollar.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Quote by uhh_me?

i'd say both

american is doing ****ty, because they spent literally trillions funding the war in Iraq. But fot you brits, that billions, because in Britain a billion is a million million, not a thousand million, right?
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Bad news for Team America.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
Quote by Archaon
Reasons why? Do you know anything about economics?

By the way fellow Canadians, this could be bad for our exports. Though our imports will be a lot better.

i know a decent amount about economics, i just wanted to see what experts were attributing it to
hells yea, now everyone can use loonies and toonies and slowly eliminate the dollar bill/crack methods!
^
Quote by The Leader

Dude it happened for a period of time in the 70's so unless everyone else's currency had gone higher than the american dollar before then, we're really not the last ones.

Quote by Smokey Amp
Try passing the pound, then I'll be impressed.

Noobs.

Awww c'mon man, that's like asking the fat kid in gym class to run 4 laps in 10 minutes! For now we're content with being better than the Americans (even if it was only for a short while)
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

IA! IA! CTHULHU FHTAGN!
Last edited by Mr_Mysterio at Sep 21, 2007,
Quote by pumpkins_rule
I thought the pound was being replaced by the euro dollar.

isnt the pound much higher than the euro

thatd make no sense
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Page 1 of 2