Page 1 of 2
hey guys i need a new mp3 cuz my irivers gettin alittle dated, i was gonna just get the new ipod nano but the touch has alot more to it and its alot cooler for only $100 more. my mom thinks you have to pay a monthly fee cause it has wi-fi, does any one no if thats true, do you think the touch is worth it or should i stick to the nano. thanks
wi-fi I thought was free... I think there was something on telel about you having to pay to use it in certain areas or that, but apart from that I think it is generally free.

I'd recommend the touch, It can play music videos like the new nano, which I have to say is the most pointless thing they have made who wants to watch anythign on that tiny screen O.o,

so itouch you
Quote by MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:

"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"

The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
get neither

go for one of the iPod classics, cos you can get up to 160GB

thats far more useful that a silly little touch screen
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
Quote by Baarmy_Sheep
get neither

go for one of the iPod classics, cos you can get up to 160GB

thats far more useful that a silly little touch screen

+1. iPod classics are far better value for money (comparing cost to capacity, battery life, screen size, etc) than nanos, and since they both do exactly the same things I'd go for the classic.
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
If you have a router in your home, wifi is free (while you're at home). You can go to a McDonald's too and I think they have free wifi.
"The poor didn't want this one."
The Classics one.

while theres an ipod thread here i'll ask this now.
Would an american ipod work in the UK? i dont see why not but just to clear it up.

PSN ID: ArranP
Get a classic. The Nanos are hideous, and the Touch is ridiculously on price (400 for 16 gigs is lame, WiFi or not).
Spiral Out
Dont get an ipod. they suck. you wouldnt believe how many peoples ipods malfunction. like mine. and my sisters. and my brothers. and my aunts. etc.
Get a portable vinyl jukebox complete with Elivs and CCR!
Quote by BrianApocalypse
They're all covers, but "Think" was actually written by Urethra Franklin.

Founder of the Offical Henry Polfave Sucks club
Quote by apmaman

Would an american ipod work in the UK? i dont see why not but just to clear it up.

My uncle's iPod is from the U.S and he uses it on his UK laptop so it should.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by 14123131341414
Dont get an ipod. they suck. you wouldnt believe how many peoples ipods malfunction. like mine. and my sisters. and my brothers. and my aunts. etc.

omg consumer electronics malfunction sometimes!!?!?!? who would have thought it!?!?!?!?

my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by 14123131341414

I have had my iPod nano for almost two years and nothing has happened
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
The Touch, my video is in shambles. Ah, well i still haven't used my warranty.

Quote by 14123131341414

That's not Apple's fault, that's your family's shitty luck.
666 BRO
Quote by 14123131341414

Oh shut up. Standard statistics says that less than 1 in 20 iPods failed after a year, which is beyond statistical significance. I looked it up.

bitch.

And you don't need to pay monthly for wifi, you can basically mouch off of any wireless internet around you with it, which is free, unless you buy the internet that is.

The touch, while cool and interesting, costs a lot for just a cool factor. If it's worth it to you, go for it, i'd stick with a standard iPod.
Quote by Bmm386
unless you buy the internet that is.

i bought al gore,he invented the internet,so i bought the internet
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Quote by Henry Polfave
Get a portable vinyl jukebox complete with Elivs and CCR!

That would be badass beyond words, minus Elvis.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Classic. Touch is relatively new, so it has a lot of bugs, and if you've seen 1 or 2 ipods die before, you wouldnt invest in such a machine like an iPhone or an iPod touch. The iPod (original) gives you a better bang for your buck, 30gbs for $250 isnt that bad right?

Edit: Also, the internet is a gimmick on the iPod touch/iPhone. It's too slow and browsing for a while hurts. So lame.
Quote by Bubban
That would be badass beyond words, minus Elvis.

Chuck Berry then?
Quote by BrianApocalypse

baby you can touch my nano any time...

<_<
>_>

I mean...

huge throbbing penis.

Yeah

that's it.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Quote by Henry Polfave
Chuck Berry then?

Aye, Chuck Berry is great.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by Bubban
Aye, Chuck Berry is great.

Is it cause elvis was white and chuck berry was black,and elvin stole from chuckie?
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Get one of the old videos. I have heard that with all that pleasing aesthetic quality of the Classic comes an utterly slow function.
Quote by Henry Polfave
Is it cause elvis was white and chuck berry was black,and elvin stole from chuckie?

Nay, I just like Chuck Berry's music much more.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by Bubban
Nay, I just like Chuck Berry's music much more.

that's what she said
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Save another 100 dollars and get an iPhone if you want those extra features.
Don't give in to this horrible new iPod.
I recommend a Nano.
Quote by \m/slipknot\m/
hey guys i need a new mp3 cuz my irivers gettin alittle dated, i was gonna just get the new ipod nano but the touch has alot more to it and its alot cooler for only $100 more. my mom thinks you have to pay a monthly fee cause it has wi-fi, does any one no if thats true, do you think the touch is worth it or should i stick to the nano. thanks

touch, nano can't hold any songs
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by .smudged.
Classic. Touch is relatively new, so it has a lot of bugs, and if you've seen 1 or 2 ipods die before, you wouldnt invest in such a machine like an iPhone or an iPod touch. The iPod (original) gives you a better bang for your buck, 30gbs for $250 isnt that bad right?

Edit: Also, the internet is a gimmick on the iPod touch/iPhone. It's too slow and browsing for a while hurts. So lame.

well you're wrong. 60GB for $250.

the iPhone internet is as fast as your internet connection, dumbass.
and while you're out and about in the world, the iPhone is on the EDGE network.
Which isn't that slow. I'm using it right now to post this.

You're life is a gimmick.
get a ZUNE!

because they have bigger screens, 30 GB for $199, Accepts more video formats, radio, and they're just plain cooler.
Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?

Quote by Mr. Twelve
Behold...the Arctopus are obviously music. I don't see how anyone could say they're not music compared to many modern and post-modern composers. That being said, I think B...tA are terrible.
Quote by kirkadolph
get a ZUNE!

because they have bigger screens, 30 GB for $199, Accepts more video formats, radio, and they're just plain cooler.

About time someone recommended the Zune.
i would recommend the zune as a good ipod alternative. i just got a white one the other day off of amazon.com for $160. i have an old nano and i love it, but i wanted something to hold more songs and play movies. theres a rumor that a new zune is going to be coming out sometime in october and that it will be 80 gig, just like the ipod classic and the same price ($250) as well as smaller zune to compete with the nano.
ipods and zune are both good, i just wanted something different.
Quote by kirkadolph
get a ZUNE!

Do this.
Quote by FlyingFuc!<

questions:

Have you ever used an iphone?

Do you feel good being an internet badass?

Do you have to insult me because i dont think your favorite "gadget" is that good?

Get a girlfriend dude, you wont be so grumpy and immature
Last edited by .smudged. at Sep 22, 2007,
Quote by FlyingFuc!<

Meanie.
666 BRO
Quote by Bmm386
Oh shut up. Standard statistics says that less than 1 in 20 iPods failed after a year, which is beyond statistical significance. I looked it up.

bitch.

And you don't need to pay monthly for wifi, you can basically mouch off of any wireless internet around you with it, which is free, unless you buy the internet that is.

The touch, while cool and interesting, costs a lot for just a cool factor. If it's worth it to you, go for it, i'd stick with a standard iPod.

links or shens you prick
no need to get on edge because i challenged the godly ipod
^ Well, if you don't want to feel the wrath, don't challenge the Pod.
666 BRO
iPods are overrated and over-priced. But you could buy a previous generation 30 gig iPod for under $200 now. But I love my Creative player. Objectively better than iPod in several categories, including sound quality and video quality.
Hi, I'm Peter
Page 1 of 2