Alright so pretty much when i talk to a new group of friends i end up just standing there not saying anything. Mainly cause there talking about stuff i have no clue on. Has anybody got some tips on how to at least have some involvement in these conversations so i don't look like an idiot just standing saying nothing.
ur exactly like me lol. its soo annoying when they talk about video games, bores the **** out of ya, as for helping ya i duno, help me 2 ppl! lol
I have the exact same problem,i just moved school and am still making new mates,but when people i want to talk to are talking,its kinda like the circle of conversation is sealed,and theres no way to muscle yourself in lol.
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Make a joke about it if you find a potential pun. Or you could just make fart noises with your mouth and see how they react.
Quote by Paul Lambeth

Is it lame to quote yourself in your sig?
lol same
i'm too quiet
i always end up just asking random questions which is just stupid

just make any comment remotely linked to what they're talking about when you see it necessary i suppose
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

www.myspace.com/samtewari
Quote by GuitarHero0715
Rub icy hot on it?

Seriously. Shut the **** up.

I have no idea... Make a joke or punch someone without any reason?
Try to find something funny to say about the stuff they are talking about. Or, try to relate to what they are saying. Like, if they are talking about a time they were at a friends house and they were doing something (twister, a video game etc.) just think back of times this has happened to you, and, once you have their attention, try to swing the conversation in a different direction.

pepsi
Quote by GuitarHero0715
Rub icy hot on it?

Reported. The mods cleaned up most of you icy hot assholes.

and for help, i dont know. i kind of have the same problem.
I have the same problem, I still haven't made any friends at college, and the one day I stood with a group of people they all talked to each other and it was though I wasn't there, cause I had absolutely nothing to input. I think the best way around it is to get to know one person, and then ask them if they can introduce you to everyone else in a group. It's what my tutor has reccommended I try >_> <_<
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
i find that when people cant remember things , such as a song name or someones name that is a good opportunity to get involved

group: ohhh whats that guys name , you know the one with the head ,omg i cant remember.

me: carl

group: thats it! ooo spoonman your so hawtttt

me: ohh yeahhhhhhh
Quote by freedoms_stain

I think it's sick to force kids to take part in hate mongering and sick for spoonman to think its right for any adult to throw anything at a child.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
I have the same problem, I still haven't made any friends at college, and the one day I stood with a group of people they all talked to each other and it was though I wasn't there, cause I had absolutely nothing to input. I think the best way around it is to get to know one person, and then ask them if they can introduce you to everyone else in a group. It's what my tutor has reccommended I try >_> <_<

Aww, poor you. Too much time on UG with us ultra-friendly sociables.

Seriously though, the reason they don't speak to you is because they don't know what to say either.

What's best to do is what your tutor says - approach someone you think you might get on with (you probably will even from this initial judgement) and just strike up some sort of convo - even better if they are in your class, ask them how they are finding it so far and/or when work is in by, etc.

Seriously it'll work, I promise. Just be yourself, dink.
Quote by Jackolas
Aww, poor you. Too much time on UG with us ultra-friendly sociables.

Seriously though, the reason they don't speak to you is because they don't know what to say either.

What's best to do is what your tutor says - approach someone you think you might get on with (you probably will even from this initial judgement) and just strike up some sort of convo - even better if they are in your class, ask them how they are finding it so far and/or when work is in by, etc.

Seriously it'll work, I promise. Just be yourself, dink.

I think some of us know what I can be like if being myself

I'm doing a bit better, and now my name's down for the college newspaper and amnesty international student thing. Good way of meeting people, I hope.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
I have that happen all the time. I don't make, or hold conversations that last for over 3 minutes...
I'm just too quiet.
Great conversation stoppers to make way for your entry:

"So I was using my dick as a pogo stick, right?..."
"I was ****ing this guy right? I look down he's wearing pink socks, how gay is that?"
"You're sitting in it now..."
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Change the subject. Think of any random story you have even if it's only vaguely related to what they're saying. Especially if you're 'the funny one'. I'm the aforementioned 'funny one', but it's more of an 'Eeyore' funny. Depressed, and yet slightly awesome. And a donkey.
Quote by frusciante_man1
cakemonster..you are truly my hero
HONK
Quote by DeSean
HONK!I like your cake.
Quote by olif8
And Cakeface, why didn't you sig my

HONK!

from that other thread?

Quote by LordBishek

I can't stand it any longer.

HONK

Honk if you love cake! HONK!!
Originally posted by*Spoonman*
i find that when people cant remember things , such as a song name or someones name that is a good opportunity to get involved

group: ohhh whats that guys name , you know the one with the head ,omg i cant remember.

me: carl

group: thats it! ooo spoonman your so hawtttt

me: ohh yeahhhhhhh

, i lol'd at your post
I find the best way to get involved in a conversation is jump in wearing a viking hat and weilding a plastic sword in one hand and an axe in the other. People take note