i have read all about the floating trem and how its soo hard to tune, but i will make sure i stick with it after i plan to spend $300 of my hard earned dollars from working all summer on this guitar and a roland microcube which everyone seems to like. all that said, if i do end up gettin it, how many sets o strings should i order with it, because it seems as though they are hard to find? thanks for all your help in advance. (sorry its so long)
The DSF-2 is the same thing without the floating bridge...

You could just get like 2 or 3 packs; as a beginner you most likely won't be changing your strings all that often anyway.

You can always order them off the Floyd Rose website.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
thanks for the reply. i saw the dsf, but i thought one of the great things about the guitar is that if u use the trem it won't go out of tune. Is a tremolo really that bad for a beginner, and why?
It's not that bad.

Most of the complications of a double locking trem disappear with the speedloader system.

If you'd use the trem, you might as well get it .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I have one. The trem is half the reason I bought this guitar.

It has a screw in the back that you can adjust so that it is not a floating trem. This means it will still do drops in pitch but it won't go up. If you want it to float so that it will do both you can half set it up with the trem blocked to make it easier.

If you know how to use an allen key you can set this guitar up, it is easy, ignore anyone who tells you that beginners are not allowed floyds. It has nothing to do with if you can play guitar you can set a floyd, anyone that buys one has to find out how to set it up and do it so it doesn't matter in my opinion whether you have played for a year or not at all, you still have to do it for the first time at some point, and it has more to do with can you follow instructions and use basic tools, not what you know how to play.

If you buy one and get stuck pm me I'll talk you through it.

The pickups are a lot better than I expected, they are bright sounding actually, there is no tone so you have to switch between pickups for different sounds, or eq the amp correctly. The neck is a slightly woman tone sound when distorted, but then the bridge is proper searing lead stuff, really good for 70s and 80s rock. Combined they sound good clean too, but I think my amp helps with that. The tremolo is amazing, the speedloader is as easy as they say it is, they tell you not to stretch the strings though, I would actually, my first set I didn't and they went flat for a week or two. Then neck is, propbably between ibanez and strat I think, it is a good fast neck, the fingerboard is ok, my action is nice and low at the nut end but not as low as I like it higher up actually. It is a very light guitar to wear, and the neck is so light, this is strange but something I have noticed, must be the lack of machine heads.

Bad points, it is an absolute joke to change tunings on it. It can be done, but there is such a small amount of adjustment on the fine tuners that you need to do a lot of work to put it in drop D, or half a step down, which I do like playing in. I know any floyd or trem guitar this is not easy but at least with an OFR you can undo the nut and use the tuners for big changes. I will be selling this guitar for that reason, and also because I am not good enough to justify having two guitars, one in a different tuning! Another bad point is the volume control, seems to work on a resiston basis, gives out a quiet hiss when on volumes 1-9 but on 0 and 10 it is silent, you don't notice it when playing, but when the strings are not covered it can make this noise on intermediate volumes. The input jack is not great, not many are on guitars though.

On the whole it is an awesome guitar for the money, and to be fair, it will be quite uniqe and you can always improve the electrics and the jack I suppose...

Hope this helps, any questions fire away.

Craig
Floyd Rose DST-2
Vox AD15VT
you are just the person i wanted to hear from! thanks so much from someone with the exact same guitar for takin the time to write out such a long post with helpful info. U da man 6StringCraig!
Floyd's aint hard to tune.....

I've just re-strung & tuned up 2 guitars, one with floyd, the other without and it taken about 40 mins....
Quote by fergus74
Floyd's aint hard to tune.....

I've just re-strung & tuned up 2 guitars, one with floyd, the other without and it taken about 40 mins....

he's talking about it NOT being able to change tunings because of it being a quickload

TS, look for the model with an Original FLoyd rose, should be around the same price, same quality, and you can change tunings on it easily..er...for a floyd at least...it'll still be a pain