Ok, so my new tubes for my Valve Junior (Tung-Sol 12AX7 and JJ El84) won't light up or make any sound when I turn the amp on, and I don't mean the standby period, they just won't light up or make noise. Are new tubes supposed to do this at first?

And I know I installed them correctly because I reinstalled the old ones to check
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Quote by beau05
I'd say country or bluegrass would be pretty difficult, for being inbred is a pre-requisite
Is there a fuse? If so check it. The new tubes should have been fine. You have the right tubes. Also make sure your power cord is plugged in properly. I never took The Epi apart but maybe the head end of the power cord isn't secured. If that's not it repost, 'cause its a mystery to me.
I'm not sure that it's the fuse, since the old Sovtek tubes that came stock with it work fine
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Quote by beau05
I'd say country or bluegrass would be pretty difficult, for being inbred is a pre-requisite
I am not an amp tech, but maybe one of those tubes is bad. Even new ones occasionally fail. Maybe try and use a Sovtek preamp with a JJ power tube and vice versa. Or I could just shut up and let someone who knows what they are talking about advise you. Good luck.
Quote by uldhppi
I am not an amp tech, but maybe one of those tubes is bad. Even new ones occasionally fail. Maybe try and use a Sovtek preamp with a JJ power tube and vice versa. Or I could just shut up and let someone who knows what they are talking about advise you. Good luck.

That's actually quite a good idea, use one you know works and try one of the new tubes with it. It is possible that one doesn't work, though both not working would seem a bit odd to me.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com