Hey guise!

I have this Marshall Bluesbreaker in my room (have had it for a week approximately), and it got like 4 inputs. It's just like very strange and I don't understand why.

I guess that you can play like many guitars at once, like 1 in each channel, but why are there 2 input 1 and 2 input 2?
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Last edited by Hultan at Sep 20, 2007,
Probably a high and low input. The High is probably ~12 decibels louder than the low. Maybe a vibrato and bright input also.
Okay cool! So one input for each channel will sound louder, and the other will sound less loud for the same channel?

One more question too: I have these two knobs sayin' "Speed" and "Intensity".
What do they mean? I can't hear no difference.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Speed is the speed of the tremelo, and intensity is how deep the effect is, or how pronounced it is.
And yea they're high and low inputs.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Probably for the vibrato. Speed controls the rate at which the vibrato goes, intensity is how strong the vibrato is. So you'd need to find the vibrato input to make them have an effect. To test, try putting intensity to full, and sweeping speed from low to high, slowly.

EDIT: Beaten to it by RHCP... no surprises really, apparently he knows everything
The vibrato is this... thing at the bridge, right? the... the thing that you can grab, it starts at the bridge on this picture, behind the first string (e).

Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
No, its an effect that simulates moving that up and down. Speed controls how quickly you move it up and down, and intensity controls how far up and down it moves, if that makes any sense
No, it's a tremelo effect, different companies call it different things.
Don't be afraid to care"

Yeah true sorry RHCP, wasn't thinking - in general, amps labeled with vibrato actually use tremolo right? Similar effects though...

Just out of interest, why did you get this amp if you have no idea what half of it does?
Oh alright. But since I don't have that effect those two knobs are of no use for me then?

EDIT:
Quote by Crimson_tornado
Yeah true sorry RHCP, wasn't thinking - in general, amps labeled with vibrato actually use tremolo right? Similar effects though...

Just out of interest, why did you get this amp if you have no idea what half of it does?

HAHAHA!!! Because I wanted a good amp and I wanted Marshall and I saw someone selling this one used in good shape and for a reasonable price (according to a good friend of mine). And I have wanted to start play electric guitar for a long time
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
What does "knock yourself out" mean?

EDIT: My grammar is decent and so, but I don't know alot of words
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Argh, no, if you plug into that channel, and mess with the speed and intensity knobs, you'll get a tremelo sound. The amp's got a built in tremelo effect.
Don't be afraid to care"

WHICH CHANNEL??????? plzzz tell me :p
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by Hultan
What does "knock yourself out" mean?

EDIT: My grammar is decent and so, but I don't know alot of words

It means have fun. If you go to the link I sent you, download the handbook, and go to page 5 I think (entitled Bluesbreaker) it should tell you all you need to know.
Yeah I'm readin it right now
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Oh it was just as simple as switch to channel 2 lol

HAHA this was really fun

EDIT: Playing Helical (John Frusciante song) with the tremolo effect now!
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
You're forgiven for your noobness for playing that.

What a beautiful song.
Don't be afraid to care"

Aawww thanks

Perfect for playing at nights.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Aren't there more than one guitar in that song though?

My mate's got my IoE and Curtains CDs, and I go to uni on sunday, ARGH!
Don't be afraid to care"

Yeah there are two guitars but there is a guy who has tabbed it so that you can play it anyways. But I only play one of the guitars, it works out okay. (Speaking of a Bluesbreaker lol)
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Is a patch cable just like a guitar cable?
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Yup, the ones you put between your pedals.
Don't be afraid to care"

That amp has a foot switch to control the tremelo..........If you don't have one, they are readily available