I can I tell If the overall sound of the chord is C major or D minor, but how do I know the Exact notes that are being play? Also How am I supposed to figure out multiple notes played together,like 4 random notes that don't make a major or minor chord?
I'm taking about figuring out chords voicing by EAR. Like when I hear an odd bunch of notes played together how do figure it out.
That just involves a little taste of ear training. Triads like CMaj (C E G) and dmin (D F A) are very easy to differentiate as they have a different sound quality.

Triads have 4 different groupings typically:
Major - e.g. EMaj (E G# B) has a happy sound quality to it.
E to G# is a M3, G# to B is a m3
Minor - e.g. emin (E G B) had a sad sound quality to it.
E to G is a m3, G to B is a M3
Augmented - e.g. Eaug (E G# B#) has a tense sound quality to it
E to G# is a M3, G# to B# is a M3
Diminished - e.g. edim (E G Bb) has a different kind of tense sound quaility.
E to G is a m3, G to Bb is a m3

It's just a matter of playing each of these types and gettign a feel for how these sound. When you get into 4-note voicings (7th chords), you'll find it'll be a bit trickier to hear them because there a so damn many 7th chords, not to mention 3 inversions for each of them totalling well over 100 different chord sounds.
BASSES

Yamaha RBX270L Custom Fretless
Traben Tribal Sun 5 L
Fender Custom Jazz Bass L

EFFECTS

BOSS DD-7
BOSS OC-3
BOSS RC-2
BOSS TU-2
Tech 21 Sans Amp Bass Driver DI

AMP

Yorkville XM200 Combo
Quote by scarlet20
I'm taking about figuring out chords voicing by EAR. Like when I hear an odd bunch of notes played together how do figure it out.

well your best bet is to train your ear to recognize intervals. this is especially useful if you're trying to ear out a jazz piece that has a wacky chord
Quote by z4twenny
well your best bet is to train your ear to recognize intervals. this is especially useful if you're trying to ear out a jazz piece that has a wacky chord

So say it a C chord traid, does that mean I have to hear out the 5th, major 3rd, and minor 3rd? What if its 4 note chord, then I would have to hear out 6 intervals! I mean is that even possible?
^
'Course it is. My dad has figured out some interesting chords in songs before that a lot of other people don't get. He shows 'em to me and I'm like, "How the hell did you figure that one out?"
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)