Hey everyone, im teaching myself pinch harmonics, and i can get the harmonic sound, i just want to know if there are any amp settings that make them sound any better. cheers
scoop the mids (put em on 0), as much distortion as possible. And do them around the neck pickup. makes almost pig-like squeals.
Actually, I find midrange essential for getting better harmonics. Yes, max out the gain, but keep the mids at around 6 or 7, with the treble maxed out as well.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Lots of gain, lots of treble, nail them around the bridge pickup, HOLY ****!!!!!!
Dean From Hell
Jackson USA King V
Randall RG-50 TC All Tube Combo
"pinched harmonics" no pinch...its not salt, its a nasty billy gibbons harmonic with a TV dinner
Quote by qotsa1998
scoop the mids (put em on 0), as much distortion as possible. And do them around the neck pickup. makes almost pig-like squeals.

What?

I don't think I'd recommend scooping mids for anything, esspecially harmonics.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
yeah Dudage is right...Let the mids in the game dude
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
Ibanez VBT700
Ibanez SZ320
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Crafter D8/N
Peavey Transtube Bandit 112
Peavey Grind Bass 5 BXP NTB
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby
Quote by qotsa1998

That's very silly. Harmonics ARE midrange frequencies - if you scoop the mids then you're just killing them.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
lots of gain, treble, low mid, bass set to um, half way,
and select the neck pickup, with your tone as high as possible
Quote by sum_ugly_man
lots of gain, treble, low mid, bass set to um, half way,
and select the neck pickup, with your tone as high as possible

you will NEVER get good pinched harmonics with the neck pickup (compared to the bridge anyway)

i think as long as you have lots of gain and the bridge pickup selected it'll be fine
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

www.myspace.com/samtewari
Quote by samtewari
you will NEVER get good pinched harmonics with the neck pickup (compared to the bridge anyway)

i think as long as you have lots of gain and the bridge pickup selected it'll be fine

i meant to say bridge pup, my bad im not feeling too good,XD you can get harmonics with the neck pickup? i cant...
Quote by sum_ugly_man
i meant to say bridge pup, my bad im not feeling too good,XD you can get harmonics with the neck pickup? i cant...

you can get them
they just don't ring out and squeel as much
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

www.myspace.com/samtewari
A lot of gain definately helps, but I really don't think scooping your mids is necessary. I have my mids cranked all the way up and I have no problem producing pinch harmonics.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
i like to use the bridge pu to get them the neck just sounds muddy...also crank the volume up
My Gear:

Epiphone
Zakk Wylde Custom Bullseye
Silvertone Sunburst Strat Copy
S101 Standard Black Strat Copy
Boss Distortion DS-1 F/S!!!
Arion Metal Master
Line 6 Spider III
15w P.O.S

Soon: Roland Cube 20x
I get great pinch harmonics on the neck as well as bridge pickup. I can get them on any string and any note. Adequate distortion and plenty of treble. I play mids on 6-8. It has just as much to do with technique as the amp.
It isn't hard to get a pinch harmonic on the neck pickup, it just sounds nicer on the bridge if you ask me.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
^Yeah I agree its a little more difficult. But throw in a few pinch harmonics on the neck pickup while playing blues. Sweet.
i get pinchs much much better at the bottom of the neck pickup than the bridge pup
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Well lots of treble, gain, and distortion and highs on the pedal and then also I would say try it on the 4th string on the 2nd fret and just move around on the string to find the sweet spot and make sure to use vibrato
Gear
Fender Stratocaster MIM
Jackson DX10
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (neck: Seymour Duncan Jazz, Bridge: Seymour Duncan Distortion)
Marshall Mg50dfx
Digitech Metal Master
Crybaby 535Q
NEVER scoop the mids. EVER. You'll kill anyone who has an ear for tone. Especially don't scoop mids for harmonics. I can get plenty of "metal" tone with mids. And look at MAB, he says the secret to his tone is a lot of mid boost. And you don't need vibrato or PHs, it just makes it sound different. Try to find the sweet spot for the harmonic, that is important.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS: