Page 1 of 2
My friend wanted to play a song in our schools talent show. I was wondering what are some good songs to play that aren't to hard.
There are quite a few that qualify. Play a song that you already like.
You do listen to music, right?
something clever that the crowd will like. no one will care about your musical talent. musical talent is for real gigs
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
I cum blood- Cannibal Corpse
Addicted to Vaginal Skin- Cannibal Corpse

haha, jk.

but if you want to win, play somethin like hey there Delilah or **** like that. popular stuff
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
this is a kind of question that you must look deep down inside and ask yourself because only you know what is the meaning of easy. and only you know what yo u can play and what you can't. and if u just want to play something popular, then go look at the featured tabs list on the front page or somehting
Crazy Train!
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
polly-nirvana oh wait you can't play that. it's about a rape. damn. ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, smells like teen spirit-nirvana. easiy song. no cussing and it's become a guitarists staple song to learn
Gear
Epiphone Black Les Paul Standard with gold Grover tuners
Fender Mexican Electric Blue Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider Jam
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss CS-1 Compression/Sustainer
For ****'s sake.

There is one of these exact same threads at least once a ****ing week. Will you people learn how to use the search bar already?

"lol gaiz we r dooing a tallent sh0w, wat songz shud we plai?"

Think for yourselves. What songs do you like? What styles do you like?

THINK.
Teenagers-MCR. It's pretty easy but the solo might give him some problems if he's that new to guitar. Just replace sh*t with hell or heck and there you go.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
Quote by Archaon
For ****'s sake.

There is one of these exact same threads at least once a ****ing week. Will you people learn how to use the search bar already?

THINK.
Ditto.
I'm hot for teacher is one of the most popular talent show songs, for obvious reasons. I don't know, my friends and I are having the same problem, we're thinking either, Pearl Jam- Yellow Ledbetter, or Lateralus by Tool.
I've got a bike you can ride it if you like
play some chevelle, it's pretty easy and most people would recognize it and probably like it

try "the red", "the clincher", "vitamin R", or "well enough alone"

edit: don't play nirvana or MCR...it won't end well
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
easy song played well + good show >>>> difficult song played ok + no show

In most cases.

Most people tend to play Nirvana and AC/DC at these things, but I would suggest playing something you like, and that you actually want to play and share with everyone because it's a great song, not because you want to win so bad and try to look cool on stage.
Quote by hug a llama
You put parentheses in parentheses. I...I...I think I love you.

Quote by Vos
THANK YOU! You're my hero!
The way to win a talent show is easy. Ill break it down into 4 easy steps.

Step 1: Acquire lots of effects pedals.

Step 2: Take a **** ton of acid and get on stage.

Step 3: Make noise.

Step 4: Win contest.
REMEMBER REMEMBER THE 8TH OF NOVEMBER!! I SURVIVED 4CHAN'S INVASION!!
Uneeded Praising Section:
Quote by The_Hottest_Day
Why didnt you get cable-less mics?

Quote by Oldmonkeys
lol good call

Quote by Kensai
^
^ That was at me so yes it is praise.
depends on what style of music you like playing. but if i were a judge and someone played acoustic under the bridge just up on a stool. singing or not, with all the little tweaks and such that john adds, then i would def give my vote to them. its not to hard to do either. good luck
I LIKE Josh Klinghoffer

"Mr. Lippman of the Seinfeld Avatar Club-PM IHATECHILDREN to join."

Frusciante for President in '08
play something the crowd may recognize, like stairway to heaven or something. but if you want something easy you can always resort to cannibal corpse lol
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
something easy and really showy...thats what always gets the ladies
idk maybe "get it faster" by jimmy eat world
or some red hot chili peppers stuff
we won our talent show by playing laid to rest by LoG, yeah it was a good show, i suggest that song, tis actually not hard...AT ALL and reqlly get the croud pumpin and hea dbangin
Sex is good
Sex is fine
Doggy Style & 69
Just for fun
Or gettin paid
Everyone likes gettin laid
Quote by orion284
polly-nirvana oh wait you can't play that. it's about a rape. damn.

any connection with the song 'rape me' by nirvana?

NFB - Anthrax, its an acoustic ballad accompanied by an electrtic solo, there are certain lines in the song where if emphasized correctly (via vocal harmonizing), can turn out to be quite amusing
When in doubt, play Eruption.
Quote by kidsthesedays
i often have urges to throw things at walls. and kick toddlers. i'm pretty sure that without the moral/legal/ethical ramifications, kicking a toddler like a football would be the most entertaining thing in the world.

freebird ftw!!!

everyone loves that one
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
Quote by Jacob6293
play something the crowd may recognize, like stairway to heaven or something. but if you want something easy you can always resort to cannibal corpse lol

Stairway to Heaven? In this generation? bull**** noone knows it anymore this world has come down to a meaningless wasteland....

But I remember playing Stairway for my 5th grade talent show. It was just me playing and singing.. I even nailed that solo.. ahh i was the sh*t
Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?

Quote by Mr. Twelve
Behold...the Arctopus are obviously music. I don't see how anyone could say they're not music compared to many modern and post-modern composers. That being said, I think B...tA are terrible.
play something like fall out boy. Just this once even if you don't like it. Thats what i'd do believe be ot may be your ticket to .....
Don't you listen to music? Surely there are some songs that you like and that you think would be good to play.
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

Quote by bigwillie
Don't you listen to music? Surely there are some songs that you like and that you think would be good to play.

Yeah dude you totally copied that whole "dont you listen to music?" thing off the post on the first page of this thread dont jump on the bandwagon moron and offer at least a decent post.

i reckon play Got the Time - Anthrax great song and pretty easy
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
Quote by Jacob6293

You ARE kidding right?!
CanCor songs are hard as f*ck (Bloodthirst onwards, anyway)
On topic though, I'll say what I say in all of these threads: Rock you like a Hurricane.
Quote by 3lusiv3
You ARE kidding right?!
CanCor songs are hard as f*ck (Bloodthirst onwards, anyway)
On topic though, I'll say what I say in all of these threads: Rock you like a Hurricane.

Ummm he was obviously being sarcastic about the CC ref but if you can pull off CC for a talent show GO FOR IT! br00tl!
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
Quote by Shredlet
Ummm he was obviously being sarcastic about the CC ref but if you can pull off CC for a talent show GO FOR IT! br00tl!

Yeah I thought he was, I got a little too defensive.
Quote by Archaon
For ****'s sake.

THINK.

I concur
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
u're playing at school rite? r teachers coming to watch? i suggest
another brick in the wall by pink floyd.
Dude seriously, play Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins. You will undoubtedly win the talent show, and everyone will give you mad props. The solo takes a bit of skill though, not too much, but a bit.
I'll break it down in three easy steps.

1. Play something by Marduk.

2. ???

3. Profit
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5