Page 1 of 2
This is the new biggest amp.

Marshall Valve MG
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by Serial 177
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???????????????????? i got the spider III damn.. now i feel like gettin dis 1

Fail

BTW: You can preorder these at Musicians Friend. I plan on trying one out personally, and comparing it to oh say... a Mesa Mk IV.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Line6... Always a bad decision. There's always something more genuine sounding from Traynor, Crate, Fender, Marshal, Vox, etc. in the price range of any given Line6.
Quote by RadioMuse
Line6... Always a bad decision. There's always something more genuine sounding from Traynor, Crate, Fender, Marshal, Vox, etc. in the price range of any given Line6.

You forget the Vetta II And Flextone III. Good deicisions if you don't wanna deal with tubes, but you CAN get a good tube amp for a similar price (Single Recto, JCM2000DSL, Deliverance, etc.). But once you factor in the effects you get and the quality of them...
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Holy Katana
Oh, dear. I searched "Line 6" before I started this thread, but I forgot "Spider" and "Valve." My mistake.

No problem
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by twinturboaudi
im def in for one...its a spider III....but better...what more could u ask for?

A real amp but better?
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Shinozoku
You forget the Vetta II And Flextone III. Good deicisions if you don't wanna deal with tubes, but you CAN get a good tube amp for a similar price (Single Recto, JCM2000DSL, Deliverance, etc.). But once you factor in the effects you get and the quality of them...

last time i checked a single recto and jcm2000dsl are not in the same price category as a flextone III
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
Ive lost all respect for bogner now
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Well, despite all the noobishness surrounding this whole topic, a few of the guys over at Gearslutz have been given demo units - these are guys with thousands of $$ worth of equipment and at least the one I talked to said it stacked up very nicely. He seemed to think, it was one of the best amps in the pricepoint, and amazing considering the versatility.

However kids, please, please, please don't buy this thing without trying it. They will be in every darn Guitar Center across the country (and even in Europe), so there are very few excuses for not trying one out before you buy.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

I bet the digital modelling sucks all the tube tone out of it. Im interested in trying one just to see.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
^Tell that to Alex Lifeson, who uses a switchblade from H&K. The SB is almost exactly the same as the Valve spider, but with 6L6's.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Ive lost all respect for bogner now

but bogner pwns uberschall ftw. i know what you mean though.
Quote by Reincaster
^Tell that to Alex Lifeson, who uses a switchblade from H&K. The SB is almost exactly the same as the Valve spider, but with 6L6's.

but its alex lifeson he could make a shoestring guitar sound beastly.
Quote by GuitarNinja12
I bet the digital modelling sucks all the tube tone out of it. Im interested in trying one just to see.

You can't suck out tube tone. It just doesn't work that way.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by TideBleach
but its alex lifeson he could make a shoestring guitar sound beastly.

Even so, with all of his success, he could get a true all tube amp custom made and so on, but he praises his SB after using it in studio for a movie soundtrack, and now uses it onstage. Something has to be right with the Switchblade.

And we're talking about the "tube tone" issue. Fingers won't create "tube tone" through a solid state amp.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Quote by Reincaster
Even so, with all of his success, he could get a true all tube amp custom made and so on, but he praises his SB after using it in studio for a movie soundtrack, and now uses it onstage. Something has to be right with the Switchblade.

And we're talking about the "tube tone" issue. Fingers won't create "tube tone" through a solid state amp.

that is true. id love to try a switchblade but alas no shops have them around here.
^I've tried it, sounds pretty good. Some people think it's too harsh, but I can see where they're coming from. It's not perfect, but by all means, It's got great cleans, decent effects, and a rocking gain channel (maybe not for metal). If the Valve spider can do the same, at almost half the price point, I'm gonna give it a go.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

i think the gain channel is perfect for metal in the line six spider 3

if the valve uses the same distortions as the spider 3, im sold!

and people shouldnt bash line six before they try it, "oh line six, pff sucks balls, only retards use them". I agree spider 3 has problems but its not that bad of an amp

the spider valve im hoping will be just as good or better than spider 3, this will be my new amp if all goes well
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92
i think the gain channel is perfect for metal in the line six spider 3

if the valve uses the same distortions as the spider 3, im sold!

and people shouldnt bash line six before they try it, "oh line six, pff sucks balls, only retards use them". I agree spider 3 has problems but its not that bad of an amp

the spider valve im hoping will be just as good or better than spider 3, this will be my new amp if all goes well

a f'n men ...there are so many ppl on here that once they hear line 6....all they can do is bash them...yet they get awesome reviews from ppl who have been playing longer than the bashers have been alive...i love my spider III 75 watt..better than vox and roland...those amps are good but cant produce the sound I want...once again...I want....i cant wait for the valve..becuz i do agree a tube can produce a better sound...but with the metal dsp of the spider III...itll sound awesome.....

i just cant believe guitar and amps have become a popularity contest....all amps have their strengths and weaknesses....would i use a spider III as my first choice for blues or clean....maybe not...but for metal..and the sound i like...its the only choice without having to get pedals.....

in the end...u need to trust ur owns ears and buy what u like...not whats popular
Last edited by twinturboaudi at Sep 20, 2007,
Quote by Reincaster

The Spider Valve has 6L6s, too. The fact that Guitar Center is Line 6's bitch means that these things are going to be very easy to find.

Considering that Reinhold Bogner himself designed the amp, this thing will probably sound quite good, provided that the models don't suck.
^Amen.

What do you reckon ,what price range will it be?
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
Quote by twinturboaudi
a f'n men ...there are so many ppl on here that once they hear line 6....all they can do is bash them...yet they get awesome reviews from ppl who have been playing longer than the bashers have been alive...i love my spider III 75 watt..better than vox and roland...those amps are good but cant produce the sound I want...once again...I want....i cant wait for the valve..becuz i do agree a tube can produce a better sound...but with the metal dsp of the spider III...itll sound awesome.....

i just cant believe guitar and amps have become a popularity contest....all amps have their strengths and weaknesses....would i use a spider III as my first choice for blues or clean....maybe not...but for metal..and the sound i like...its the only choice without having to get pedals.....

in the end...u need to trust ur owns ears and buy what u like...not whats popular

I owned a Spider 2 for 1 and a half years, and while I loved it at first because I was like "OMGZ!! L00KIT THE FX0RZ!!11!!!" I grew to hate it more than anything once I started listening to tonal subtleties and I began to hear the great sound a tube amp with a few nice pedals in front of it. I will never go back to modeling.
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
Quote by fexnah
^Amen.

What do you reckon ,what price range will it be?

According to Musician's Friend, the price for the 1x12 is $699.99, the 2x12 is $829.99, and the head is $799.99.
Quote by twinturboaudi

Eh, at least I know how to type.

And odds are I have owned more Line 6 products than you
Quote by FRDesign
this thread is n00b-tastic

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!! i thought the exact same thing as soon as i saw your useless "n00b-tastic" spam post!!!

Anyway, i wouldn't mind trying one. But for the prices i would hope for a little bit more quality then on the original spiders.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Quote by garden of grey
Eh, at least I know how to type.

And odds are I have owned more Line 6 products than you

fantastic...heres a cookie for you.....enjoy....jacksassssss
To everyone in this thread...

This amp isn't called the spider because it shares the same tones. The only thing it shares is the way you dial up the tones. Basically, the only part of this amp that is spider related is the front panel and Line 6 logo. I would put money on this blowing the Flextone series out of the water.

BTW! The switchblade is 100% tube with digital effects.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer

This amp isn't called the spider because it shares the same tones. The only thing it shares is the way you dial up the tones. Basically, the only part of this amp that is spider related is the front panel and Line 6 logo. I would put money on this blowing the Flextone series out of the water.

Bingo. The modeled amps are different, too. The blue-LED Metal model seems interesting, as the Mid control is not actually a mid control, but instead a control for the character of the distortion. You can make it sound like anything from a high-gain AC30, to a Soldano, to a fuzz pedal, if you set it right.
too many kids in the "hate line 6 cuz its cool" club...how bout listening instead of reading
Quote by Holy Katana
The Spider Valve has 6L6s, too. The fact that Guitar Center is Line 6's bitch means that these things are going to be very easy to find.

Considering that Reinhold Bogner himself designed the amp, this thing will probably sound quite good, provided that the models don't suck.

Sorry, what I meant was the spider V has 6L6's and the SB has EL34's

Jim marshall put his name on the MG, doesn't mean it's gonna be good.

Still, I'm gonna ive this one a go before I bash or praise it. But right now, it's looking pretty good.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Quote by MESAexplorer

The Switchblade's preamp is part digital, like the spiders, because it carries digital Amp MODELING as well, however, you can still consider it fully tube. It's hard to get the higher gain tones that the switchblade can do with only two preamp tubes, one probable being the phase inverter.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Page 1 of 2