I have tried many settings on my Roland cube 60 but i just can't get it to sound right, i have a ****ty zoom pedal and i have tried all settings on that too...

I want a Steph Carpenter kinda sound, i don't know why i can't create it, do i need a certain pedal or pickups? I have a Squier strat, maybe thats the problem?

HELPPP
squiers are just a problem in general
Quote by Atomic48
Nothing's impossible if you have the proper artillery.

Quote by Prole
In-depth common sense, at your service.

I Witnessed The Glory Of GORHL!

"It all shall fall, by the grace of the people." - ZDLR in Producer.
Quote by zapatista89
squiers are just a problem in general

Most of them are fine, really. The reason why you can't get the tone is probably because he uses a seven string guitar with humbuckers and a tube amp, whilst you're using a solid-state amp and (probably) a guitar with single coils (which also happens to be made out of much lighter wood).
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
But his tone sounds really scratchy. listen to be quiet and drive intro, thats the ****er i want, i just can't get it down at all.
Quote by Big_Rat
But his tone sounds really scratchy. listen to be quiet and drive intro, thats the ****er i want, i just can't get it down at all.

1) His gear is all very high-end, getting his tone out of the gear you have will be very difficult.

2) That squier only has single coils in it whereas his guitar uses high-output EMG humbuckers that make your single coils look so weedy it's stupid.

3) He uses 7-string guitars, what are you tuned to and what gauge strings are you using?

To be honest I just don't think you gear is capable of that tone but then I don't know a lot about the cube series.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Big_Rat

Now keep in mind I've never heard the song, but if you want your guitar to sound scratchy, try using metal picks.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
He didn't use seven strings on Around The Fur, which is the album that song came from. He is tuned to Drop D down a half step. Buy an ESP or Schecter and go from there. Trust me, you wont regret it.
Gear
Left-Handed Schecter C-1 Stealth
Left-Handed Fender Standard Strat

EHX Little Big Muff
Boss DS-2
EHX PolyChorus

Orange Rocker 30 Head

Next Purchases:
He doesn't soley use a 7-string. In Be Quiet and Drive he didn't use a 7-string. He used a 6-string in White Pony and various songs.