Hey

I have a problem with my whammy bar in my strat. Basically it doesn't stay in a fixed position, it flops down. I would like it in a position sort of parallel to the strings because i use the ba a lot. Right now i have to move shift the bar into position.
It is a screw type.

Do any of u guys have this problem, and is there anyway to fix it?

Thanks!
Unfortunately I don't think there are screw-in tremolo arms that can be set into a certain position, so your going to have to live with it I'm affraid...
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
i have the same guitar. there is nothing u can really do about it. dont screw it in very tight or else you can strip the screw!!!
Does it screw in or pop in??? If it pops in like my 2005 Strat Deluxe if you take out the tremelo there are two allen key slots that you can tighten to hold the bar in place.
I think it "flops down" for a reason, you will find it in the way and hit it when not intended if it were parallel to the strings
what about david gilmour's whammy though?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
You could try wrapping some Teflon tape around the threads.
Gilmour installed a custom-built system in it, I think. shorter bar, so he can keep it in hand while playing. uh, there was a link to it somewhere, lemme find it....

In any case, it still flops down when he's not holding it......least, think it does....

EDIT: can't find any info on whether or not it's custom built, but it definately has a shorter bar...
Last edited by Wulver at Sep 20, 2007,
Quote by x5_spoonman
Hey

I have a problem with my whammy bar in my strat. Basically it doesn't stay in a fixed position, it flops down.

Dude, that's the way it's supposed to work.

Screw it too much and you tear the threads.

If you want it stiff, find a retractable pen, break the top of the pen, retrieve the spring and slip the spring in the trem bar hole of the trem block.

This strat tip is like 40 years old !
Last edited by ColdGin at Sep 22, 2007,
if u want it to stop in a different spot, you can wrap the threads once with a thin layer of plumbers tape. you will fit tighter. see if u like where it is. if not then take it back out try to wrap it in a different way.

^haha, yeah or pop in a trem spring. compressing it until u find ur sweet spot
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
its meant to flop around. as people have said you will find it VERY annoying when you dont want to use it. if you must have it fixed id try and duck tape it on (careful not to get any on the paint). cant say anything on the previous ideas but they sounds like theyll work!
Music is the ONLY universal language

Quote by AndrewtheHoople
you don't get inspired to become a musician.

you're born with the need to.

BRENTFORD FC!!! UP THE BEES!!!!