its cool stuff, but it seems a bit unoriginal!
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Thanks for posting Scourge.

My name is Cesar and I am one of Oblique Rain's guitarists. I must tell that the only influence in our music of those you mentioned is Opeth.
If you find any similarities between OR and all the others is pure coincidence since we only know them superficially.

Compliments
Very very good stuff man !
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
That was some great music, I really liked it.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
I liked the rhythm and the lead, which was very melodic, I was suprised by the clean vocals because I was expecting growls or something - I prefer clean. I thought it was good the way the drums added a nice ambience to the songs and putting in fills etc where approriate, instead of randomly blasting away as fast as possible.

I thought it could use some more complex lead and rhythm work though, and the bass is a bit boring.

Together though, it works really well.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
I only listened to 'Shadows Entwined', it somehow reminds me of Devin Townsend and yeah, some Green Carnation sounding stuff too
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Just wanted to let you guys know that our album is finally available.
If you're interested please visit our Myspace page.

Compliments to you all
Cesar
Quote by Deliberation
If you find any similarities between OR and all the others is pure coincidence since we only know them superficially.

If you only know them superficially, you should check them out more. They're all amazing bands (particularly Green Carnation).
Thanks for listening guys.

Scourge, I will follow your advice and dig a little more into those bands sound.
In fact when you posted this thread I was curious to listen more to "Green Carnation" and check their similarities with us. That's when I found they recently split way. Music biz sucks...