Page 1 of 2
Just got the new MSP album today and I think it is great! Who else is a fan of these guys?
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
I Like Them Too, Theyre New ALbum Isnt Their Best Though

Congrats on the VOX btw, im 1/2 way towards my AC30

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
Quote by TheFly_1990
I Like Them Too, Theyre New ALbum Isnt Their Best Though

Congrats on the VOX btw, im 1/2 way towards my AC30

Yes the Vox is amazing.
What would you say was their best album then?
Quote by atomkat
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
They are only the best band ever.

They really are. I have all their albums except that re-release of The Holy Bible.
I saw them a few years ago in Belfast. That man has som f*ckin voice.

La Tristesse Durera is my favourite tune.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

Manic's are amazing. Love thier covers of suicide is painless and Raindrops keep falling on my head
Hadn't realised they released another new album this year. The previous one was ok, but they're really not the same these days.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
The Holy Bible and Everything Must Go are great albums. I haven't got their recent one but I'm not really a fan of their albums post TIMTTMY. I was going to buy the album but then I saw them perform Your Love Alone Is Not Enough with Charlotte Church... *shudders*
The new album is great. Different sound to their last couple and more towards mid-90s Manics.
It's gonna be a blue day
Love their 'Forever Delayed' album. Motorcycle Emptiness, Design For Life and If You Tolerate This are such great songs
Simon

You look just your mother...

You look just like your father...

Forgive him our father...

Your Son is smiling...
Quote by larry jones
Good stuff, I have all of their stuff minus the new album. JD is a great lyricist .

It's Nicky that writes the lyrics. Bradders did Ocean Spray and Motown Junk though.

Seriously, the Manics are the best band ever. SATT is probably the best album, but my fave song is Sleepflower.

Just got my tickets for the Manchester gig next Wednesday

Saw them in May as well, they're just incredible. JDB is the most underrated singer ever, and probably one of the best guitarists our there.

Love em.
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
Yeah and he is an almighty ****. Does anyone else not find it irritating how much of a wankshaft this man is? All he ever does is slag people off for no reason?

Remeber what he said about Micheal Stipe? Well I'll tell you. He said I hope that guy gets AIDS. I hope Nicky Wire does.
Quote by Cacophonaut
Yeah and he is an almighty ****. Does anyone else not find it irritating how much of a wankshaft this man is? All he ever does is slag people off for no reason?

Remeber what he said about Micheal Stipe? Well I'll tell you. He said I hope that guy gets AIDS. I hope Nicky Wire does.

I don't know who you're talking about as I have an attention span of a two-year-old, but I would just like to tell you that 'wankshaft' is now THE best word in the English language, and that you are a genius and that I love you!

Simon

Your Son is smiling...
Quote by yourmumsanemo!
I don't know who you're talking about as I have an attention span of a two-year-old, but I would just like to tell you that 'wankshaft' is now THE best word in the English language, and that you are a genius and that I love you!

I'm english, we have some very original swear words.
Quote by Cacophonaut
I'm english, we have some very original swear words.

Meh, I'm english too, but I call them adjectives

Example:

Suzie let her black cat outside

and then after I get through with it:

Suzie threw her motherf*cking pussy outside

Excuse the weird mood, red bull is the only drink I have left on me today!
Simon

Your Son is smiling...
Quote by Cacophonaut
Forgive me, fellow countryman. I have gotten into the habbit of assuming everyone on this forum is American. It certaily seems that way sometimes.

Mongolian cluster****

Agreed. *high five*

Anal c*ntcrunch

w0w this game is fun lol
Simon

Your Son is smiling...
Love the manics. I've got so much of thier work i can't remember what i do have by i do love thier cover of suicide is painless.
funny you mention it, i've just gone and bought 2 albums by them (Generation Terrorists and The Holy Bible) i haven't listened to The Holy Bible, but am currently impressed with the former
my books myspace
Here
read it, new chapter added every 2 weeks
Cant believe it would have been Richey's 40th today and no one's mentioned it.

Happy birthday, wherever you are I hope you're having fun
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
Quote by Draken
Love the manics. I've got so much of thier work i can't remember what i do have by i do love thier cover of suicide is painless.

Fo sho. That cover is amazing.

I love their new album, 'tis great. I've been listening to Send away the tigers (the song) pretty much non-stop since I got the album.
TRANSFORMICE

motorcycle emptiness is **** hot, shame about Richey aswell....What do you think happened? I know his car was found near the Severn Bridge, but that would be too obvious surely...One for you all to ponder.....
Quote by Cacophonaut

The main thing that annoys me about Nicky Wire slagging artists off left and right is the fact his music is ****. His solo stuff is almost repulsive and ever since Richey ran off the Manics have been pretty hit or miss and lately they're just a subpar radio rock band. The Holy Bible is one of my favorite albums ever though.
Bringing the thread back from the dead.
I've been listening to the Manics pretty much nonstop for the last month. They are like a drug to me.

And I love the song 'Yes'.
TRANSFORMICE

Quote by Wikipedia
Since his disappearance, the band have continued to pay 25% of royalties earned into an account, to be kept for Edwards

I found this quite interesting
Quote by atomkat
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
It's really nice they do that. It shows that they believe he's still alive somewhere.
Wouldn't it be brilliant if he is using money from that account whereever he is now, and the Manics know about it, but are keeping it secret.
TRANSFORMICE

Quote by johnny_tapia
I found this quite interesting

You have to wonder if they'll end up using the money themselves at some point, don't you?
Must be quite a bit in there by now.

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
^ There must be. They could donate it to charity or something I suppose.
Quote by atomkat
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
I dont mind em but didnt there basses like disapear off the face of the earth or join one of those mormon cults just before the band got its big break at glasto (i think) now thats kwl but trajic aswell
Quote by .HUZZAH.
Just hit all the strings at once, raping your e string and making retardly out of place pinch harmonics

oh wait, this isn't a slipknot concert..

FREEBIRD!

And the amish said let their be CHEESE...
I'm impressed that this thread is practically dead. Why?. Manics are a "too much" awsome band. Why has no one commented about them since July?
Well I guess there was this bit of news recently. About time really. RIP Richey.

RateYourMusic
I want to keep an "agnostic" perception about whatever happened to Richey. It is sad, I know, but I think that no one can really swear whether he's still living or he dead so long time ago. If he is dead, well, I got nothing to say, it's painful, but if he lives yet, he probably has a lot of valid reasons to not showing up. He is an enormous songwriter.
Yes the Vox is amazing.
What would you say was their best album then?

The holy bible, seconded by generation terrorists.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
My order would go this:
4. This is My Truth, Tell Me Yours
3. Know Your Enemy
2. Lifeblood
1. The Holy Bible
Last edited by garage_kid at Dec 15, 2008,
Amazing band. THe Holy Bible is so great.
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"
Page 1 of 2