a little backstory first.

about a year ago i broke up with the band i was in because they sucked and wanted to play 30 seconds to mars covers. a friend of mine who played guitar suggested we gettogether with his friend who plays drums. after a few practices we developed our own sound and style and have been playing for almost a year now and have started to record an album even.

in the band i am/was (more on that in a moment) the lead singer/lead guitarist along with my friend, on rythym and the other on drums. i could never say anything bad about them as they are both amazing musicians. anyway. after a while we decided we should find a bassist to fill out our sound. at first we found this one kid who totally sucked but is good friends with the rythym guitarist. afterwards we found a kid whos way better and we had him be our bassist. all was well. but at the next practice the rythym guitarist invites the guy who sucked again basiccly saying that hes our new singer. i was neverr even asked about this. i dont think they know this but i love singing. if i had a choice in a band i would rather sing than play guitar (no offense).

i hate sounding egotistical like this but i think he sucks. he cant project and his voice sounds like hes squeezing a cat through his throat. his lyrics are incredibbly cheesy and all contain native american reference. it all sounds like some 80s metal band lyrics.

anyway my point is that i'm really pissed off , offended, and a little bit hurt that they would do this without even talking to me about it first. i pretty much just showed up and was told that hes the new singer. he cant sing any of the songs we wrote before(over 20) i,ve only heard of this hapening if the singer is really ****ed up not if the guitarist dosen't want to hurt his friends feelings. anyway. i just wnat to know how i could approach this to talk with them. when it was just the three of us we all made decisions equally and i want to know what happened. i really dont want to lose what we have.
MY BANDS

Phat Toosday and the Astro-Bus
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/ptabmusic

Lets All Get Superpowers
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/lags

Hobstolopho
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/hobstolopho

Come Visit Today!!!
Quote by tortillamaster
his lyrics are incredibbly cheesy and all contain native american reference.

I'm sorry, but this just made me LOL.

To the point:
How do you approach them about it? Well, I would suggest face to face. Let them know that it offended you the way they got someone to sing without your acknowledgment, especially since you wanted to sing and you're better at it. Let them have a sample of your voice, maybe?
Quote by tortillamaster
a little backstory first.

about a year ago i broke up with the band i was in because they sucked and wanted to play 30 seconds to mars covers. a friend of mine who played guitar suggested we gettogether with his friend who plays drums. after a few practices we developed our own sound and style and have been playing for almost a year now and have started to record an album even.

in the band i am/was (more on that in a moment) the lead singer/lead guitarist along with my friend, on rythym and the other on drums. i could never say anything bad about them as they are both amazing musicians. anyway. after a while we decided we should find a bassist to fill out our sound. at first we found this one kid who totally sucked but is good friends with the rythym guitarist. afterwards we found a kid whos way better and we had him be our bassist. all was well. but at the next practice the rythym guitarist invites the guy who sucked again basiccly saying that hes our new singer. i was neverr even asked about this. i dont think they know this but i love singing. if i had a choice in a band i would rather sing than play guitar (no offense).

i hate sounding egotistical like this but i think he sucks. he cant project and his voice sounds like hes squeezing a cat through his throat. his lyrics are incredibbly cheesy and all contain native american reference. it all sounds like some 80s metal band lyrics.

anyway my point is that i'm really pissed off , offended, and a little bit hurt that they would do this without even talking to me about it first. i pretty much just showed up and was told that hes the new singer. he cant sing any of the songs we wrote before(over 20) i,ve only heard of this hapening if the singer is really ****ed up not if the guitarist dosen't want to hurt his friends feelings. anyway. i just wnat to know how i could approach this to talk with them. when it was just the three of us we all made decisions equally and i want to know what happened. i really dont want to lose what we have.

prove to the rest of the band that ur better. write a song and sing it. make sure its good and they'll b impressed.
"Satan isn't inside a guitar pick. He's in here. In our hearts. He's what makes us not want to go to work, or excercise or tell the truth." -
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I wish I was gay.

Quote by cashewchaching
Even though he's an ugly woman, my favorite is john mayer.
Just say to the other guitarist and the drummer, guys, I think we should get a new singer. F*ck, just read what you just wrote even! I'm sure they'll understand.