a little backstory first.

about a year ago i broke up with the band i was in because they sucked and wanted to play 30 seconds to mars covers. a friend of mine who played guitar suggested we gettogether with his friend who plays drums. after a few practices we developed our own sound and style and have been playing for almost a year now and have started to record an album even.

in the band i am/was (more on that in a moment) the lead singer/lead guitarist along with my friend, on rythym and the other on drums. i could never say anything bad about them as they are both amazing musicians. anyway. after a while we decided we should find a bassist to fill out our sound. at first we found this one kid who totally sucked but is good friends with the rythym guitarist. afterwards we found a kid whos way better and we had him be our bassist. all was well. but at the next practice the rythym guitarist invites the guy who sucked again basiccly saying that hes our new singer. i was neverr even asked about this. i dont think they know this but i love singing. if i had a choice in a band i would rather sing than play guitar (no offense).

i hate sounding egotistical like this but i think he sucks. he cant project and his voice sounds like hes squeezing a cat through his throat. his lyrics are incredibbly cheesy and all contain native american reference. it all sounds like some 80s metal band lyrics.

anyway my point is that i'm really pissed off , offended, and a little bit hurt that they would do this without even talking to me about it first. i pretty much just showed up and was told that hes the new singer. he cant sing any of the songs we wrote before(over 20) i,ve only heard of this hapening if the singer is really ****ed up not if the guitarist dosen't want to hurt his friends feelings. anyway. i just wnat to know how i could approach this to talk with them. when it was just the three of us we all made decisions equally and i want to know what happened. i really dont want to lose what we have.
MY BANDS

Phat Toosday and the Astro-Bus
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/ptabmusic

Lets All Get Superpowers
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/lags

Hobstolopho
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/hobstolopho

Come Visit Today!!!
just go up to the dude and be like hey, did I do something? whats with the change and not letting me know and everything.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
tell the guy to get lost seriously, this sounds like the kind of thing that will just simmer under the surface until it all blows up and you'll fall out with the rest of the band big time. Some people in bands are far too polite to speak their mind, but you really have to fight your corner otherwise you'll end up pissed off and miserable and that to me is completely the opposite of what being in a band should be about. Stick up for yourself, even if it causes a big argument, its better than the alternative...
Zed: Bring out the Gimp.
Maynard: But the Gimp's sleeping.
Zed: Well, I guess you better go and wake him up then...
Can he play guitar? If he can switch roles with him
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
Can he play guitar? If he can switch roles with him

Screw that, from what I can gather he shouldn't even be in the band at all.
Zed: Bring out the Gimp.
Maynard: But the Gimp's sleeping.
Zed: Well, I guess you better go and wake him up then...
It sounds like the rhythm guitarist wants his friend to be apart of the band in some way. You should talk to your band about how it'd be best if the dude's friend isn't in the band. You could suggest that the rhythm guitarist's friend contribute to the band in a different way. For example you could have him: promote the band, set up gear at shows, take pics or video tape shows, etc. When you talk to them let them know it's in the best interest in the band that the rhythm guitarist's friend is not in the band; so it doesn't sound like your intentions are to only benifit yourself.
Order & Justice
Order Restored, Justice Served
i like what maverick is saying. i dont feel like i should hold it in. i actually tried talking to them though and they all they said was. "but hes good" we haven't practiced in about a week so i dont really know what to do. i'll try to talk to them again. and if they dont care i'll give them an ultimatum, and then just **** it, whatever. if i didn't live in vermont maybe it'd be easier to find people to play with.
MY BANDS

Phat Toosday and the Astro-Bus
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/ptabmusic

Lets All Get Superpowers
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/lags

Hobstolopho
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/hobstolopho

Come Visit Today!!!
just get a band meeting together and tell them whats up. if you lose in the end, leave with dignity, and find a new band
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
hmm... a one man band you say.

remember that simpsons where it showed homers one man band. that would be sweet
MY BANDS