Alright, my current rig is a piece of **** Fullerton bass run through a Boss ODB-3 Overdrive Pedal into a Ibanez SW-100 combo amp. When I'm not playing, I can hear the radio playing very, very softly through my amp. It's not a GINANTIC problem, but we don't have any good radio stations around here, so does anyone have any advice on how to NOT get the radio in their amp?
Try moving the amp to a different place. Mine does that when I use the wah and my amps in certain areas.
my wireless headphones pick uo phone signals and i can hear the neighbour on the phone
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
that happens with every amp. just move it
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Quote by Sean-Man
my wireless headphones pick uo phone signals and i can hear the neighbour on the phone

now thats cool
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
There's something microphonic somewhere in your chain. I don't think it's the actual amp that's picking up the radio; it's just playing it. If your bass has a crappy single coil pickup, that could be what's picking up the radio. Also, horrible cables pick up the radio as well.

My mic cable's connected to a pretty shake connection and it sometimes LOUDLY picks up the radio. More than a few times I was singing and then some asshole from the radio comes on my monitor and decides to advertise life insurance in the middle of my song.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
It's normal. My lead guitarist's amp pick's up Police channels sometimes too.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu