i wanna buy a camcorder but i have no idea what the different types are. like how does a Mini DV record i.e. to a tape, to a hard drive, etc
Mini DV is a tape, but its good quality.

You could get a HD camcorder for great quality but theyre really bloody expensive- what are you looking to use it for?
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
I don't know too much, but I have a DV camera. If you want to transfer videos from your camcorder to the computer, look to see if you have a Firewire port. If you have a firewire port on the computer, and a DV camcorder, I don't see why it wouldn't work. Also, some computers have a DV port (I mainly see that on laptops).

I didn't have either ports above, so I bought them for $15 . It's really easy to install.

You can find DV cables and Firewire cables at Radioshack.
school's finishing soon and we need to make a video so it will just be like filming some shenanigans

EDIT: can you put the tape onto computer
Quote by facesofhope
school's finishing soon and we need to make a video so it will just be like filming some shenanigans

EDIT: can you put the tape onto computer

For your uses, I would just get a decent DV camcorder- Sony or Canon are safe bets.
You keep the tape in the camcorder and connect the camcorder to your computer using a firewire cable like the guy above said, to capture your footage.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。