So, I'm playing my Spider II when out of nowhere a popping noise starts coming out of my amp. After that, the ****ing thing starts hissing. I turned it off cause I didn't know what was gonna happen next and I was scared ****less lol. A few minutes later I turn it on and it's still hissing. It's not my cable cause I plugged a couple of different ones in and it still hissed and it's not my guitar cause I plugged my other one in also and the hissing continued. Its gotta be the amp right? If it is, what do you recommend I get as a new amp if the Spiders ****ed? I'm thinking of a Roland Cube 30x cause it's big enough for a small gigs and it has worthwhile distortion without any pedals.

Thanks

Ps: This is an example of how much a Spider phails for you out there that are considering buying one.
sounds toast
I played my H&K 30DFX against the SpiderIII 75W, and it blew it away
I play with a drummer and the 30DFX certainly stands up

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Congratulations!!!!!!! now you can get a kick ass amp!!
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Get a Roland Cube 60 =D
My Gear:
Gibson Flying V (active Emg's 81, 85)
Peavey 6505 Amp

Avatar Cab /w Vintage 30's / G12H-30's
Schecter Damien-6
ISP Decimator
Vox Wah Pedal
Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer
Roland Cube 60
you can replace speakers for less than 100$
GUITARS:
Fender Strat w/ Seymour duncans
Agile Explorer w, SD livewire metal
Fender Telecaster w/ hot rail

PEDALBOARD:
Boss chromatic tuner
Ibanez weeping demon
*Digitech Whammy*
MXR Smart Gate
I don't think its the speaker, but if you want to check it hook the speaker up to your stereo for a minute. I could be wrong. Either way don't bother fixing it. Unless someone gives you a speaker its not worth it. If you are gigging you are going to need more than 30 watts solid state. A 5 watt tube combo like a Palomino is just as loud and sounds much better, only $200, and you could mic it until you get a larger amp.
Little "Small print" information for ya. Before I know marshall has a policy that if you open the "casting" of any product for "inspection" you void the warranty (assuming you have one)...I wouldnt doubt if Line 6 also has one....so you may want to think about it b/c you pop it open....
White/Cream Faded 1966 Stratocaster
100 Watt All-Tube JVM410H
1960 Lead Cab-B
-------------------------------------------------
The problem you've described here is 'Line 6 Spider'.
Gear
Good Guitars
Good Pedals
Good Amps

That is all.
Have you plugged into any other outlets of your house. I have one in my house that is just not good, very staticy.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio