I have DR's on my Ibanez currently, but the A string snapped today. I was wondering if anything is better than DR's in an FR. I love Ernie Ball Slinky's, but I think I heard somewhere that they're no good in an FR. Yet my friend who is a guitar tech says they're one of the best strings for this.

~Ket
I heard things both ways about Slinkys, they stretch too much for floyd's but then there are people that don't really know that use them and say they're good, but I had a tech tell me not to use them and that D'Addario's are surprisingly really good for them
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
I use D'Addario's and love them. Both in a cheap strat copy trem and my Ibanez Edge Pro.
-limefan913

Quote by Chad48309
Quote by The_lizard_king
Originally Posted by The_lizard_king
It really does relieve stress. I was pissed off for a week because I didn't jerk off, so if you quit it you will go mad.
I don't think that's the correct use of the phrase "going mad."
Quote by merfsullivan
I heard things both ways about Slinkys, they stretch too much for floyd's but then there are people that don't really know that use them and say they're good, but I had a tech tell me not to use them and that D'Addario's are surprisingly really good for them

not if you stretch them properly

you stretch them moderately low tuning, then regular tuning, then once thats done you can go back to your desired tuning

stretching is putting strings on tightening them and pulling the strings outwards from the frets, you do this over and over till the strings stop changing tension on you, once you do that for regular tuning, your strings are stretched and shouldn't change on you

and make sure you put the strings on the post just right so they don't slip, FR systems have it were you change tension on the biggest string, they rest change tenson too, so best to start tuning with your bottom string
I used Ernie Balls fine in my Floyds until I found DR. I thought DRs lasted longer and felt better, hence the swap. Very rarely did they break though. I would recommend giving d'Addario a try, and while they aren't my thing, a lot of people seem to like them. Just stay away from coated strings, as they can sometimes slip in the saddles of Floyd Rose trems.
Quote by CJRocker
I used Ernie Balls fine in my Floyds until I found DR. I thought DRs lasted longer and felt better, hence the swap. Very rarely did they break though. I would recommend giving d'Addario a try, and while they aren't my thing, a lot of people seem to like them. Just stay away from coated strings, as they can sometimes slip in the saddles of Floyd Rose trems.

thats why you keep the balls on , and you wrap the string on the post a certain way to ensure they never slip never never never got it? good

ernie ball feels nicer to me hands and slides way easier hence why I use it, strings aren't expensive anyways so theres no big deal, your strings quality lessen after 100 hours of playing anyway. strings are strings silly I have both brands of strings, they sound the same, and feel different all there is too it , if you do things properly and don't palm mute SUPER hard Ernie Ball Strings can last you a good while, at least 3months of 12 hour a day playing, strings break more at lower tensions, the insides wear over time and pop eventually, the exvessive vibration kills the strings over time I play in Drop A and B
so it depends on your tuning but strings are strings and these string threads are useless in my opinion only guages matter mostly
I use cheapo Dean Markleys (.08's!) and I whammy the heck out of mine. Never had a string break. Believe me I abuse strings. You might have a sharp spot. Check your saddles for burrs (sound like a cowboy.)
Quote by uldhppi
I use cheapo Dean Markleys (.08's!) and I whammy the heck out of mine. Never had a string break. Believe me I abuse strings. You might have a sharp spot. Check your saddles for burrs (sound like a cowboy.)

most strings break in the inside of the wound string silly in most cases
Quote by uldhppi

These strings have been on for about 8 months. I think they might just have been old, heh.
Quote by ketiov
These strings have been on for about 8 months. I think they might just have been old, heh.

yeah strings do get old quick if not taken proper care of cleaning etc

there are 2 brands to look into Ernie Ball & D'Addario's