fuck.

Alright so let you give me a lil background info.

I hate football, but I've decided I'm going to stick it out this year and not do it next year. Now the guitarist for my band plays football too, but he likes it.

This is where my problem comes in. Because of (football) practices, our band doesn't have time to practice, and we've already had to drop out of two shows. Because of football we (the band) havent practiced in 2 weeks, and we have a show on sunday. I am insisting that we drop this show, because tomorrow, and saturday, we have practices and games, so we wont have time to practice our material, thus resulting in us blowing dick at the show. But my guitarist is assuring me that

"dood itll be fine well jsut practice our set"

to which I responded

"Considering that we need to have 6 songs for the show, and we only have 4 that we know well at the moment, we have to practice tediously. But we cant do that, because you have to play the great american sport of football. And even if we could work around football, we would need to make sure jesse doesnt have something gay to do."

Jesse is our drummer, whos house we practice at. And he always has some excuse of why we cant practice at his house, be it doctors appointments, going to the mall, etc.

Now before you reply, know something: I am NOT leaving the band, and I am NOT kicking out my guitarist or drummer, due to the fact that they're my friends and I don't want there to be bad blood between us.
Veteran UGer. Suck it.
Lets Compromise.

As you all know....football is for people who didn't get into a band or the band.

Therefore...
Leave football.
Or try to practice on weekends.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
ok so whats the problem then?
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
I thought this was worldwide football, not the great American football. Football pwns, man up. there's no way you can't practice AND play football. Sundays. Get R' Done! Unless you're WATCHING football then, then you have no reason to be in a band. How about you stop scheduling shows when you know you can't play them?
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
Screw football. How old are you? Cause that kinda makes a difference. Also, how big is this show? Is it high profile or like a local cafe?

---------------------------
My Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Ibanez SM7 Smash Box
Dunlop Crybaby Original Wah
Boss RC-2 Loop Station

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.
Quote by merfsullivan
I thought this was worldwide football, not the great American football. Football pwns, man up. there's no way you can't practice AND play football. Sundays. Get R' Done! Unless you're WATCHING football then, then you have no reason to be in a band. How about you stop scheduling shows when you know you can't play them?

We schedule all our shows about a month to a few weeks prior to the actual show. So to be fair, the shows were a commitment before the football game was.

Quote by Black_Fender
Screw football. How old are you? Cause that kinda makes a difference. Also, how big is this show? Is it high profile or like a local cafe?

Freshman. And the one show where he needed to drop out is high profile. Have you ever heard of Tokyo Rose, or The Actual?
Veteran UGer. Suck it.
Last edited by CrashedTheShow3 at Sep 20, 2007,
Quote by CrashedTheShow3
We schedule all our shows about a month to a few weeks prior to the actual show. So to be fair, the shows were a commitment before the football game was.

Touche!
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
yeah i know what u mean, ever since school started back up we only get to practice 2 times a week at best, cuz half the time nobody ever picks up their fcukin phones. anyways, if u got a show, regardless of how well u know the material, you need to have that self satisfaction with yourself or your going to blow chunks on even the easiest of songs. u need to assure urself that u wont suck just by going up and playing the songs on a whim, and the only way to get around this is to practice. i would

a) skip a fball practice for band practice
b) try to break your legs so you cant go to the football games: highly in-advisable
c) get a practice without ur drummer: i know this can be difficult, but its better than nothing
d) call of the show and go the game/whatever u got goin on.

whether or not u enjoy football, if they are both "hobbies" of yours, obviously your band has been suffering because of it, so if u dont have time for both, drop one temporarily until you do, i.e. skip practice for the sake of the band!
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
Quote by CrashedTheShow3

Jesse is our drummer, whos house we practice at. And he always has some excuse of why we cant practice at his house, be it doctors appointments, going to the mall, etc.

that always seems to be the case...

i would say quit football, because the sport is stupid imo.

Dinobot of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Quote by Stephen Colbert
Now the obvious question here is...

Who's fucking the ponies?

Quote by drop-dead666
Get.. Like he suggested, P-90's. Or you can just buy a hello kitty guitar.
Quote by CrashedTheShow3

Freshman. And the one show where he needed to drop out is high profile. Have you ever heard of Tokyo Rose, or The Actual?

Like college freshman? Cause that means football is prob pretty high profile too. In any case, it's a lose lose situation. If you ditch on the gig, they won't want you to come back, if you play horribly, they won't want you back either. But if you ditch the football practices... screw football.

My Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Ibanez SM7 Smash Box
Boss RC-2 Loop Station

football damages your brain, it's science.

play guitar instead, besides who likes washing grass stains?
Quote by Black_Fender
Like college freshman? Cause that means football is prob pretty high profile too. In any case, it's a lose lose situation. If you ditch on the gig, they won't want you to come back, if you play horribly, they won't want you back either. But if you ditch the football practices... screw football.

hahaha nonono high school freshman
Veteran UGer. Suck it.
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
Lets Compromise.

compromise #2:

go to football practice with your instruments

have half of you through the instruments
and the other half play the football

in a perfect world...
Quote by bassboy 999
Cheers to you triple x maniac

Quote by snipelfritz
Wait, your dick is in a chick's ass, and you're complaining.

Its a sad, sad day.
Quote by sloppyjoe24
Leave football dude

Here's the problem with that. I want to, but I can't because I suppose I'm the football "veteren" (this is my eighth year, playing since 2nd grade) and I've liked it up until now, but since my band is getting more serious, and I'm getting played less in football, I want to quit. But all the kids who i've been playing with for 8 years will give me so much shit for quitting, its not even funny, because my town is so redneck/football obsessed.

And I know most of you are going to say "Screw them, if they make fun of you for quitting, they're not your real friends"

well, the problem with that is, they've been my friends for 8 years, and without them, I'd be pretty much friendless.

So I need to somehow work around football.
Veteran UGer. Suck it.
Yeah I took a listen to your stuff on your profile. Ditch the show. I'm positive now that it's not as important as you think. Also, you def need to buy your drummer a metronome, cause he's all over the place. How do you play to that? Not to be harsh, but your band needs work. Practice around 2 hours a day and you'll be surprised.

My Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Ibanez SM7 Smash Box
Boss RC-2 Loop Station

Here's the problem with that. I want to, but I can't because I suppose I'm the football "veteren" (this is my eighth year, playing since 2nd grade) and I've liked it up until now, but since my band is getting more serious, and I'm getting played less in football, I want to quit. But all the kids who i've been playing with for 8 years will give me so much shit for quitting, its not even funny, because my town is so redneck/football obsessed.

And I know most of you are going to say "Screw them, if they make fun of you for quitting, they're not your real friends"

well, the problem with that is, they've been my friends for 8 years, and without them, I'd be pretty much friendless.

So I need to somehow work around football.Practice after football if thats possible. I know football practice is tough
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by triple_X_maniac
compromise #2:

go to football practice with your instruments

have half of you through the instruments
and the other half play the football

in a perfect world...

Last time I checked...

that's called marching band
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
Last time I checked...

O that was nice

My Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Ibanez SM7 Smash Box
Boss RC-2 Loop Station

I was in a similar position with my band...

myself and the other guitarist were hardcore basketball players, we both played for the same teams, and we'd give each other lifts to training and games, etc. so i'd pretty much see him every day... but we would never get time to practice with the other two guys in our band, the bassist and drummer...

so I decided to quit basketball for a couple of seasons, to concentrate more on guitar (and schoolwork), and that resulted in giving us one night a week where we were all free to practice.... then after another season the other guitarist left basketball too, which was cool.... we had heaps of time to play and stuff, but now schoolwork has kinda killed us, and my bass player has a full time job... but schools gonna be over in like 5 weeks, so we'll be sweet again...

I guess what i'm tryin to say is, from experience you can't have both footy and your band, unless you like plan your time out on an organiser or sumthin, you've kinda gotta choose one or the other...

and kick your drummers ass for me... i hate bullshit excuses for not having band practice
LollipopSkeletonsLollipopSkeletons
LollipopSkeletonsLollipopSkeletons
Sounds like the best thing you can do is miss some football practices and games. That may not go over well with your coach, but it might be the only way to keep your band together and still play football. And if your high school is anything like mine, football practice is a lot of times most days after school. Try and squeeze in time when you can, maybe schedule less shows.
Whitest Kid U' Know of the Bass Militia
PM Dinky Daisy to join

Originally posted by Civildp1
I can't drink tequila anymore. it makes me do terrible things. Terrible naked things.
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
Last time I checked...

ah touche
Quote by bassboy 999
Cheers to you triple x maniac

Quote by snipelfritz
Wait, your dick is in a chick's ass, and you're complaining.

Its a sad, sad day.
You shouldn't have to do football all your life if you don't want to. It's your choice.
I got some good guitars, yo.
fake injure yourself... do liek your ankle or something, you cant play football but you can still play your instruments and if anyone checks just wear like an ankle brace.

no need to thank me..
Overdrive of the Autobot Transformers G1 Club

Van Halen, October 16th, All-state arena, Section 213 Row A
Quote by Leat
And also Here is your answer. =]

fail dude. you're only allowed to post google links when somone is too dumb to find info theirselves and consults the pit

I seek advice however.
Veteran UGer. Suck it.
What position are you? I know this doesn't sound like much but if you are like 2nd string guard at a big school then it doesn't really matter if you go to football practice or not, but if you are a starter at a skill position (Running back, Quarterback, Tight end, Wide Reciever) then you should go to practice. Just do the bans stuff on the weekends.

P.S. I know from experience, I'm the starting running back for a really small school, and everyone in my band plays football, too!
O.k. what position are you, what string are you, and what team are you (fish, jv or v)? Those will determine alot. I quit football last year to gain more time for schoolwork and plus our coaches were douchebags. But yeah, I say you just talk to your drummer about his commitment to the band and try to rework things, cus I imagine y'all get out of fb practice at like 7 plus about an hour of homework so if y'all could just go work on 1 or 2 songs for 30 minutes to an hour every night you should be fine