I recieved this guitar a little less than 4 years ago. When I plug it into my amp now I get way too much feedback. All my other guitars are fine with this amp. I have no idea how feedback works other than it has something to do with the pick-ups. I want to decrease the feedback so do I need to get new pick-ups or what?
i had the guitar. not to be an ass but get rid of it. any guitar you get better than that one will make you never play it again
Gibson Explorer

Steve Vai Wah
Dunlop Cry Baby
Boss Super Overdrive
Big Muff (american)
Small Clone
Super Octave
Sonic Stomp

1986 Jcm-800 4210
Next up: a fully customized Warmoth
i have no cash right now. i have two epiphones but they are **** too.
Feedback is caused by loose stuff, mostly metallic stuff. The coils on your pickups may be coming loose, or if theres lots of open space inside the guitar that can do it too. you could try getting some copper shielding tape or paint to cover the inside of the pickups routes, but your best bet is probably new pickups.
old used peavey bandit something or other. i replaced the speaker a while back.
Quote by OneRust
Feedback is caused by loose stuff, mostly metallic stuff. The coils on your pickups may be coming loose, or if theres lots of open space inside the guitar that can do it too. you could try getting some copper shielding tape or paint to cover the inside of the pickups routes, but your best bet is probably new pickups.

doesnt the tape stuff usually come with the guitar. cause i think when i was younger and dumb I pulled the tape off to just see what would happen.
Quote by dinley
doesnt the tape stuff usually come with the guitar. cause i think when i was younger and dumb I pulled the tape off to just see what would happen.

IT WAS THAT, YOU DUMBASS

you mean the tape from the pickuos dont you?
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
^ haha, it could be what the first guys said, I had the guitar, poor soldering inside! Thats probably the problem, something got loose.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
can i get copper shielding tape to replace it or do i just need new pickups?
goodcharlottes point is interesting too. something got loose. check the wiring. probably a wire is not soldered and needs it. altough that would creat a ground-like noise(like when you connect the guitar with tha amp on) and not feedback. but you can check. and replace the copper if you dint have cash, but a better pickup will help you more
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Sep 20, 2007,