so with windows XP, you can have many different people with their own log in screens. i'm trying to download the newest version of iTunes for my new iPod (because it won't work without it), and it says i don't have sufficient priviledges to install something for all users, (and i don't know the password for the administrator). my dad is the administrator, and he doesn't know i have an ipod now, and he'd probably be pissed off to find out i have one, so there's no way i can get him to log in and install itunes for me.

is there any possible way i could download and install it under my user name alone and not into everyone else's user name? if not, does anyone know of any way i could log on as administrator without knowing the password? (far fetched, but hey...)

help would be greatly appreciated.
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
If you're not the administrator, you can't install programs I don't think. I don't think however, that there is a way around the password, but from what I recall it's kind of tedious and annoying. I'd just tell him that a friend that got a touch screen one gave you his old one cause he doesn't need it anymore.
if I was you...
id restart my comp and go into safemode
from there log in as administrator and check your priviliages and stuff
Quote by punk n' metal
RnB is emo for black people

UG's Nudist Club. PM Me to Join.
he'd probably find that hard to believe, considering it's a 3rd gen ipod nano, and it's brand new... i could try something similar though, but i'll have to wait a while.
Needlenick wrote:

Quote by M3T4L69
if I was you...
id restart my comp and go into safemode
from there log in as administrator and check your priviliages and stuff

from safemode you can log on as administrator without the admin. password?
Needlenick wrote:

Quote by FlyingFuc!<
windows media player? winamp?

those sound like solutions.

not reli.. he can't install any program unless it doesn't need to be installed.

i'm not sure if it would work but if you extracted all the files from the exe file then ran itunes it might work.. but dont trust me with that.. i think you will need to install the program and if you dont have admin privileges then give up
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way