What are some songs I could play to increase different skills? Like right now I'm not good but I am a hell of a lot better than I used to be. So far the only thing I have been working on was speed by playing So Much I by RHCP. What are some other songs that could help me be faster, stronger (fingers), and help me keep a good rythm (like help develop my internal rythm).

Right now I am lacking in all three of these departments I think so thats why I ask, though I guess my finger strength isn't that bad... yea.
Rhythm Harmony Melody
so why should i hate you for this?
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92

because there are like 678796809729784 threads on this

listen to victor wooten. THATS challenging
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92

Well people ask for this all the time and since you didn't post anything that would help me also hints you HATE ME... jk... maybe
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Try some stuff by Dream Theater. I was watching the Score DVD earlier and every time they cut to Myung he was pounding out those notes. It'll definitly help your speed and finger strength.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

metallica....if you can play their faster stuff

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
dream theater all the way

pulling teeth by metallica

only ash remains by necrophagist :-P
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
Learn to improv. Seriously. It will take you out of your comfort zone of the familiar songs and basslines. Use a metronome and gradually increase speed. Start with an easy framework, like the twelve bar blues, and go for it. Mix it up with various rhythms.

Another good one is to take a scale and improv the bejeezus out of it. Or take a really familiar song and make it your own by improving on the basic bassline. It will seem awkward and sound awkward at first, but over time, it will allow you to develop your own style and sound.

And no I wouldn't hate you for this question--its pretty legit and we've all been there at various points in time. Everyone wants a challenge, it what pushes us to be better musicians.
Last edited by anarkee at Sep 20, 2007,
I've heard if you learn to use the word you're correctly, i've heard it improves your playing by almost a billion percent