Hey,

people tell me u cant palm mute on floyd rose guitar without putting to much pressure on the floating bridge and messing up what ur playing. I have a guitar with a floyd rose and i either dissagree or i cant even hear whats goin wrong so now im just wondering what other people think

peace
So many metal bands use floyds, and PMing is a pretty essential tool of the metal guitarists, so obviously it'll work.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
Quote by nathanmeima
Hey,

people tell me u cant palm mute on floyd rose guitar without putting to much pressure on the floating bridge and messing up what ur playing. I have a guitar with a floyd rose and i either dissagree or i cant even hear whats goin wrong so now im just wondering what other people think

peace

I don't get what people are talking about either. I've played numerous Floyd's, (OFRs and LFRs alike) and I can still palm mute without going out of tune.
Never had any problem. You adjust your style and get used to it.
Yeah, it's all about developing a lighter touch. I've gotten faster since I got my FR-equipped MH-1000 since I had to adjust my style a bit so as to not throw it out of tune when PMing. This included lighter picking, lighter palming and a lighter grip on the pick, which all in all has made my hand more relaxed.
i like the Light palm muting, love doing that gallop sound with it
LOL
I can't palm mute of floating brdges to save my life. I use the edge of the bridge as an anchor for my hand (there's actually a small rust sput on my TOM brdge from this) so, it I do the same thing on a floyd, then it gets pulled sharp. Yet another reason why I am very anti-tremolo.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
You just have to learn to play a bit better, most people who have problems are still suffering from beginner's ham-fistedness. The first time I ever played a guitar with a Floyd I couldn't even look at it without the bridge going out of tune, you just have to learn to control your right hand better. For beginners they're too much of an obstacle in my eyes, but for a more experienced player they do at least force you to tidy up your right hand technique.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Sep 21, 2007,
I've only been playing a few months and my new guitar has a floyd...

I find I play better on it than my old hardtail as i'm no longer trying to anchor my hand and my picking is now cleaner and less aggressive....
It's easy to palm mute on an Edge Pro, I don't feel much difference. I also played a licensed floyd rose (a jackson one) and well that one I had to press on the string more to actually touch them.
Its easy to do so. Its pretty obvious if your going out of tune. Just don't put a lot of pressure on right hand. (you shouldn't be anchoring anyways)
Never had any problems with this, wtf are people doing, forcing their palm as hard as they can into the guitar o_o?