Page 1 of 2
http://www.espguitars.co.jp/edwards/original/E-CY-165CTM.html

Im thinking about selling my LTD F-2005 so if anyone wants it, please message me.

Does anyone know if the E-CY-165CTM is a good guitar?

Looks pretty decent..

OFR

27 frets

ash body??

SD pickups.

any help is appreciated.

i play death metal, so i need it for death metal, thanks.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
Last edited by jerm__ at Sep 20, 2007,
404 Not Found!
Guitar:
Ibanez S-Series 7 String
Pedals/other:
Morley Power Wah Volume
Gemini Dual Channel EQ
Boss TU-2
Amp:
Peavey 5150 120 watt combo (considering sale)
^there.
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
UG Gain Whore
looks nice...only thing is....active pickups...are you going to change them if you get this guitar? death metal needz actives!
^ a lot of people do not use actives, so no i probably won't. Im just scared about the ash, will it be heavy, because i like dark, heavy tone
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
Quote by jerm__
^ a lot of people do not use actives, so no i probably won't. Im just scared about the ash, will it be heavy, because i like dark, heavy tone

No. Ash is a pretty bright wood, and so is maple. You'll have a very bright guitar, although your 6505+ is very dark, so it'll probably balance out.
Quote by Holy Katana
No. Ash is a pretty bright wood, and so is maple. You'll have a very bright guitar, although your 6505+ is very dark, so it'll probably balance out.

yep. it should be grand. Though i haven't tried that one.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Wow. I don't think I'd ever need 27 frets.

But, seeing as your amp should be suitable, I'd go for it.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
^hmmm, i have play with a hellraiser and its mohagany and its a really heavy sound, because i like really dark gain. However when i play with the LTD F-2005 which is also mahagony i see a pretty big difference. I like the hellraiser much more.

I want to get a guitar that will be as good as the hellraiser and give me that dark tone. Will putting more bass in the EQ balance out or what? Do other death metal guitarists use ash, which ones?

Are there other guitars i could look at, and im going to be probably buying on Ebay so i'll have like 1500 about or less.

For my F-2005 i was thinking about 950 since i got it for 1100 and its in pretty good condition.

thanks guys.
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
Okay, it's pretty obvious you don't want this guitar, it's basic human psychology, not even that, the amount you're doubting the guitar makes it obvious you don't want it, go for a mahogany guitar dude, look into edwards still though they seem THE ****!
Thought bright doesnt mean less heavy, no end of metal bands use alder!
^ how is it obvious i don't want it.....i really really want it but im not sure if it will compliment my style.
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
Quote by SupremeACL
Wow. I don't think I'd ever need 27 frets.

But, seeing as your amp should be suitable, I'd go for it.

need is not the point, it's the principle of the thing. it's like spinal tap. if 24 frets is overkill a lot of the time, think how much overkill 27 is! it's beyond awesome.

-----

you basically need to try a bunch of guitars- mahogany, alder, ash. it may not make as much difference as you think, it may be the psychological aspect of it all- "oh, i can't sound heavy and dark unless it's mahogany!"... alternatively, you may decide you hate everything bar mahogany, and that's ok too. But you really need to try to find out...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^i don't know any guitars with ash that have the similar pickup combination.

If someone could name me a metal guitarist that uses ash, that would be helpful.

Although all this help has been really thankful, thanks everyone, especialy dave
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
i'm not too well up on death metal, that's why i'm not suggesting any names...

the bridge pickup should sound similar (on that ash ibanez... rg2020 prestige or something like that, i think the model was/is)... you're right about the neck pickup, not too many guitars have that angled neck pickup outside of 27 fretters and 80's guitars. i'd have thought most death metal was bridge pickup at any rate, you'd probably use the neck for mellower solos and cleans etc.

EDIT: http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?itemid=37246&sourcetype=singleitemsearch

not sure where you are, but sam ash appear to have them anyway. it has a rosewood fretboard rather than ebony, and the neck isn't made of exactly the same ratios of maple and walnut, but it should sound close enough, the rosewood will be slightly warmer sounding though while the ebony will have slightly more treble "snap" and attack. but if you could find one, it'd certainly be worth trying, at least to let you see what kinda ballpark tone you're talking about.

I might have to try one too, to be honest. As I said, if edwards would bring out a model without all the bling (but keeping the cool multi-piece neck and ebony board), i'd be very interested.

EDIT: and jeez, $1500? they'd ask £1500 for that here (i.e. double)...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Sep 21, 2007,
Quote by jerm__
^ how is it obvious i don't want it.....i really really want it but im not sure if it will compliment my style.

Its not that, I mean I can see why you'd want it (I personally have fell in love with it) but you seem very skeptical about the body wood.

I'm pretty sure the Caparison. . delinger it might be. . anyway one caparison model (there arent many so you'll find it) is the same but mahogany. . or maybe alder, either way both are darker sounding than ash, though alder isnt much darker at all. But I'm pretty sure it's mahogany.
the horus has 27 frets and it's mahogany... only problem is it has a 24 3/4" scale length (so you need tiny fingers to get up to anywhere near the 27th), and also its bolt-on joint means it's hard to get up to 27 anyway.

dellinger is alder, right? oh wait, maybe that's the TAT.

i wouldn't necessarily say you shouldn't get it... i mean, i'm the most indecisive person in the world. but if there's one thing that'll make your mind up for you, it's trying the guitar and its rivals, or failing that, something as close to it as possible.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
YOU ARE GOD IF YOU HAVE THAT GUITAR!!!!!!! but seriously, that is orgasmic
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
hahhha^ ya, its ****in' sweet.

I've looked at caparisons on Ebay, they're a little too expensive haha.

im still not sure how heavy the ash would be.....hmm....
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
Quote by Dave_Mc
the horus has 27 frets and it's mahogany... only problem is it has a 24 3/4" scale length (so you need tiny fingers to get up to anywhere near the 27th), and also its bolt-on joint means it's hard to get up to 27 anyway.

i wouldn't necessarily say you shouldn't get it... i mean, i'm the most indecisive person in the world. but if there's one thing that'll make your mind up for you, it's trying the guitar and its rivals, or failing that, something as close to it as possible.

Hmm well I know one of the guitars is simerlar

And you can't be more indecisive than me, I have like 5 strats and 4 hollowbodies to choose out of getting in the near future, I cannot choose.
haha i can never decide either.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

Dellinger is mahogany, bolt on with maple neck. TAT is neck thru Alder wings and maple neck. and the Horus while its a bolt on still has some relatively good fret access up to around the 24th fret depending on how good your hand yoga skills are. and Dave look at Edwards CY-130D. has alder body, flame maple top, simple dot inlays and best of all its still relatively piss cheap
yeah i've seen that one, phil... i'd prefer an ebony board and the multi-piece neck. but it's worth considering, i guess, as it's cheaper. Thanks!

i think you're right about the caparisons too.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
How are the pickups on the E-CY-165CTM

They're Seymour Duncan TB-5 and Seymour Duncan SCR-1n

What kind of sound will these give, what are they comparable to?
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
haha i haven't tried either of those pickups. i've got a rough idea, but don't really want to say in case i'm wrong. steven seagull would be a good guy to contact about those duncans...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ thanks dave

who's steven seagull haha
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ thanks mate. haha
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
so speaking of edwards any one know how i can order an edwards from ikebe?
email them, i suspect. at least that's how it works with ishibashi. just make sure you find the english-speaking email address.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ya i still can't find the english email aha
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
well the ishibashi one is web-shop@ishibashi.co.jp (something like that)
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^sweet thanks dave

i just needa sell my ESP/LTD F-2005 then i'll be looking into getting the E-CY-165CTM
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
let us know what it's like if you do get it!

oh and remember to put "International Question" as your subject when you email ishibashi.

here's some info: http://www.ishibashi-music.com/
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^i sent them an email from hotmail, becuase when i tried through Outlook Express it said that Outlook no longer permitted Hotmail users to send email via Outlook.

Does it matter if the email is sent with hotmail?
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
yeah, they might not read one from hotmail. that's what i hear on HC, anyway.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ so what should i do?
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
get a non-hotmail email account?

i hear gmail is fine, no idea though. i know my aol account was fine.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Page 1 of 2