I've always been into thrash metal, and I love bands from the 80s bay area scene... however I've noticed that lots of metalheads (pretty much all of them in my area) don't mind thrash but are way into death metal or black metal (*cringe* or that hard/metalcore sh**), and though I'm not completely alone in my favoritism for thrash metal here, I feel as though I am. So I was hella happy to discover a few bands over in Europe under the Witches Brew Label... bands such as Vexed and Redimoni caught my attention (look'em up on myspace). New Thrash metal, with an 80s bay sound... RAD. through myspace I also discovered the band Hyades; sounds kind of like Exodus but oddly enough in an original way.

anywho.. I'm just totally psyched about my lil discovery.. so anyone else know of these bands? what do you think of them? any other underground stuff I had no clue existed you all want to point out to me?

common spark a conversation I'm bored
never heard of them but check out fuled by fire, merciless death,violator and warbringer
CHECK OUT MY BAND!
myspace.com/protestingmodernlife

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG320DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Digitech Metal Master
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Yamaha Acoustic
merciless death and violator sound hella familiar.. I think a friend might have shown me some of their stuff.. the other two I've never heard of.. so I'll be sure to check'em out

how bout Nuclear Assault? me and my buddy jorden are like the only one's who are even aware of that band around here
Germany has a lot of good bands. Check out Living Death if you haven't already, and I'll be sure to check out those
Destruction's the one band I can't get into. Sodom is good, Kreator is great and there are so many more I need to check out.
Quote by biteme398
Destruction's the one band I can't get into. Sodom is good, Kreator is great and there are so many more I need to check out.

yeah I know what you mean... Vio-Lence is one of those bands I can't quite get into myself.. kinda weird huh? anyway; Overkill, Exodus, Death Angel, Nuclear Assault, Iced Earth, and Forbidden are a few good ones off the top of my head that aren't nearly as big as Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, or Metallica.. though I'd be kind of surprised if you haven't heard of them...
i don't know if they are considered "underground" but yeah they were never as popular as the Big 4. Exodus is alright, haven't listened to too much of them, the rest, sadly I haven't heard them at all, unless you mean Dark Angel (I know you don't), then we're in business.
Anyway, to keep this thread relevent, what is everyone's favorite underground (relatively) European thrash band?

If Kreator doesn't count I'd probably go with Coroner
Sodom is the only thrash band I like.
Wenn die Nack einfällt
bedeckt sie die Welt
mit undurchdringlicher Dunkelheit.
Kälte steigt vom boden auf
und verpestet die Luft
plötzlich...
hat das Leben neue
Bedeutung

Burzum "Dunkelheit"
Sabbat is definitely the worlds greatest thrash band. Sadley they dont get much attention from your average thrash fan.
"We've had many cases in this department where a body has been found in pieces, or decomposed, and we've been able to put things together. Yes, the head, the upper part of the body, in a very badly
decomposed state"
Kreator is probably my favorite european thrash-metal band. Although Germany is reputable for a huge underground thrash scene, moreso than any other country in europe, i'd say.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by Rad_Sauce, yo
yeah I know what you mean... Vio-Lence is one of those bands I can't quite get into myself.. kinda weird huh? anyway; Overkill, Exodus, Death Angel, Nuclear Assault, Iced Earth, and Forbidden are a few good ones off the top of my head that aren't nearly as big as Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, or Metallica.. though I'd be kind of surprised if you haven't heard of them...

Dudes put it away and then come back in a few months a listen to it. I hated Symphony X and Wintersun and Ensiferum at first listen but then about 2 months later i gave it a listen as i was like WTF why didn;t i like this before!
nyrkki
Founder of UG's COB Hatecrew
Raven were British and where supposed to of created thrash, but I'm not sure because I've never heard anything by them.

*googles*
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.
^ Yeah! Evile! But i was thinking about Kreator from germany - aewsome thrash with bits of death metal in it, and wolfpack unleashed they are an amazing new thrash band from germany sound like exodus and kreator.

To TS, i have exactly the same experience, too. I'm the only thrash fan i know. Tis hard to endure.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by wintee_madness
Dudes put it away and then come back in a few months a listen to it. I hated Symphony X and Wintersun and Ensiferum at first listen but then about 2 months later i gave it a listen as i was like WTF why didn;t i like this before!

You have a good point there.. there was one point when I first started listening to Metallica (hella long time ago), that I listened to And Justice and **shudder at the thought** hated it.. listened to Master of Puppets and decided to give And Justice another shot and loved it.. idk how the hell that works but I've loved it ever since o.0

based on that theory though I should prolly go back and give Vio-Lence another shot, eh? heh
Quote by mr freezy
Raven were British and where supposed to of created thrash

Nope.
That would be Motorhead. Ta.

As grim said, Sabbat were/are amazing. I went to see them suporting Cradle of Shite (needless to say I hit the bar afterwards), most of the 14 year old goffs seemed pretty thrown off that there was a bunch of old guys playing better music than the band they had paid to see.

editinated - are Evile actualy any good? They're playing a free show in a pub near me in the near future and I don't know if I can be bothered to go or not.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
Last edited by chylde_of_fire at Sep 21, 2007,
Yhea do it. you wont be disappointed.
I personally Dont like Metallica...... i only like master of puppets(song) and thats it.....
I used to though. Any ways. I picked up the best of Testament earlier this week... loved it. hahaha Lamb of god hell ripped off "Into the Pit" with "Laid To Rest"
Into the pit is ways better since it has solo's and the singing is tones better!!!!
nyrkki
Founder of UG's COB Hatecrew
Quote by chylde_of_fire
Nope.
That would be Motorhead. Ta.

As grim said, Sabbat were/are amazing. I went to see them suporting Cradle of Shite (needless to say I hit the bar afterwards), most of the 14 year old goffs seemed pretty thrown off that there was a bunch of old guys playing better music than the band they had paid to see.

Sabbat are awesome. I only have Dreamwever but it's a great record.

And it was pretty much the exact same case when I went to see Cathedral support CoF. I was really dissappointed when they only played 4 songs though.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by Dyer's Eve
Sabbat are awesome. I only have Dreamwever but it's a great record.

And it was pretty much the exact same case when I went to see Cathedral support CoF. I was really dissappointed when they only played 4 songs though.

Holy hell...when did Cathdral suport t'band of idiots? And what did they play, incidentaly?

yea i feel alone loving the the thrash from the 80's everyone's like death metal is the pwnzorsz i love death metal also,but i feel like the vocals ruin the guitarists
Quote by chylde_of_fire
Holy hell...when did Cathdral suport t'band of idiots? And what did they play, incidentaly?

It was the last tour for the Nymphetamine album if I remember correctly. Octavia Spuerati were the openers.

Anyway, I think the set was..

North Berwick Witch Trials
Vampire Sun
Corpsecycle
Hopkins

Vampire Sun is the only one i'm unsure about. At the time I had only heard Garden and Carnival, so i'm not overly sure. Was still a fun set, but with all of CoF's arty-farty props and stage show Cathedral didn't get the stage-time they deserved.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by Dyer's Eve
It was the last tour for the Nymphetamine album if I remember correctly. Octavia Spuerati were the openers.

Anyway, I think the set was..

North Berwick Witch Trials
Vampire Sun
Corpsecycle
Hopkins

Vampire Sun is the only one i'm unsure about. At the time I had only heard Garden and Carnival, so i'm not overly sure. Was still a fun set, but with all of CoF's arty-farty props and stage show Cathedral didn't get the stage-time they deserved.

Fair enough. I've seen Cathdral twice now...the first time they played the song The Garden in its entireity, complete with the female vocalist from the album, and the fiddle/guitar dueling solo

Quote by chylde_of_fire
Fair enough. I've seen Cathdral twice now...the first time they played the song The Garden in its entireity, complete with the female vocalist from the album, and the fiddle/guitar dueling solo

I would fucking kill to see that. Garden hasn't left my stereo for a fortnight.

Come to think of it, I remember shouting at them to play The Garden, hahaha.

EDIT: Actually, how the hell do they pull it off live? Theres so many layers and harmonies to it. Hell, I think the intro itself uses 4 guitars...
LAMMERGEIER
Last edited by Dyer's Eve at Sep 21, 2007,
Quote by wintee_madness
Yhea do it. you wont be disappointed.
I personally Dont like Metallica...... i only like master of puppets(song) and thats it.....
I used to though. Any ways. I picked up the best of Testament earlier this week... loved it. hahaha Lamb of god hell ripped off "Into the Pit" with "Laid To Rest"
Into the pit is ways better since it has solo's and the singing is tones better!!!!

yeah no kidding.. Testament is great; I personally love the best of and the new order. love Metallica's first 5 albums.. after that they just plain suck
Quote by onebetter
No you're not alone in your favoritism of thrash. If I was stuck on an island, i could live off just thrash. I'm gonna have to check out those bands becaus eI love that 80's thrash sound.

good you should. hehe
Quote by onebetter
No you're not alone in your favoritism of thrash. If I was stuck on an island, i could live off just thrash. I'm gonna have to check out those bands becaus eI love that 80's thrash sound.

80s thrash sound?

(newish bands)
Violator
Merciless Death
Warbringer
Evile
Dekapitator
Ulysses Siren

(old school)
Tankard
Destruction
Vio-Lence
Artillery
Sabbat
Testament
Kreator
Death Angel

thrash ftw
Quote by tehbensonzorz
80s thrash sound?

(newish bands)
Violator
Merciless Death
Warbringer
Evile
Dekapitator
Ulysses Siren

(old school)
Tankard
Destruction
Vio-Lence
Artillery
Sabbat
Testament
Kreator
Death Angel

thrash ftw

wow lots of good bands in there.. lots I've never heard of either.. woo gotta go check'em out