ok im trying to get an epiphone G-310 but im to young to get a job and i dont have anything to sell (but i can recycle cans) anyone have advice? oh and this is urgent because my guitar is an squier affinity strat
Last edited by Slacker996 at Sep 20, 2007,
scrap metal and sell it to a junkyard lol i dunno i herd that works but living in new york i wouldnt know
three years
My Gear:
Esp Ec-1000 trans blue
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
BC Rich Bronze Series Warlock
Yamaha F310
Crate V18
metal muff with top boast
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt Amp
Ernie Ball Slinkys
Monster cable
Jazz III Picks
get a job?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
steal it, works really good so i hearrrrr
three years
My Gear:
Esp Ec-1000 trans blue
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
BC Rich Bronze Series Warlock
Yamaha F310
Crate V18
metal muff with top boast
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt Amp
Ernie Ball Slinkys
Monster cable
Jazz III Picks
I read your words, but no one is too young to work, I have seen kids that are around 6 working
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Quote by Whole Lotta Led
The G310 really isn't any better than the Squier

squier is better for begginers while i can play death metal
Surely the "Death Metal" will come later? You need to learn how to play the guitar first before churning out the Death Metal. So opt for a cheaper guitar and upgrade in the future.
Quote by RyanGillam
Surely the "Death Metal" will come later? You need to learn how to play the guitar first before churning out the Death Metal. So opt for a cheaper guitar and upgrade in the future.

already did learn. hell i learned how to read tabs soon after i started guitar
When you figure out how to get money without working let me know too.
Quote by RyanGillam

Actually, I think they were saying they can play death metal which is why they want to upgrade, but i don't really know.

but anyway what does playing death metal that even mean? I've heard some ****ty death metal where i've had to question whether the guitarist(s) had even picked up a guitar before recording their cd.
Quote by lyingfromyou
Actually, I think they were saying they can play death metal which is why they want to upgrade, but i don't really know.

Ok, Sorry about that. I guess I misread it
Quote by RyanGillam
Ok, Sorry about that. I guess I misread it

i wanted to upgrade cuz my guitar sucks...also because i want to experiance an epiphone sg
Firstly, wait for a G-400. It'll be worth it: the 310 is alder (which not only means of course you're losing some of the traditional tone, but the lighter weight against the mahogany neck is horribly offset leaving it a pain to handle properly), the pickups are a touch weaker, and of course it's a bolt-on rather than a set neck, though whether that's actually a downgrade or not depends on your tastes, I know some people prefer bolt-on necks anyway.

Secondly, if you want to 'experience' one, make sure you get down to a store first and play the ones they have there. Some people find Epi's necks very uncomfortable, epecially when trying to get to the upper frets (this applies just as equally to SGs as it does to LP. The problem is the huge heel contact Epi use on their necks, especially for bolt-ons and set necks).
The other reason for doing this, other than to simply see if it is something you actually find playable, is Epi have weird quality control. Sometimes an instrument they make will be superb, most of the time they'll be average, and sometimes they're so bad you should never touch them no matter how desperate you are. You have to try it in a store and pick out the best one you find, and buy that specific instrument. Do not even think about buying one online, or just buying the first one you see on a store's shelf. If you take the time to try out a bunch of them, you can walk away with something truly brilliant. If you don't, you risk buying something very uninspiring, or if you're unlucky, something very, very poor.

Thirdly, you can't get money without working. Unless you're a politician of course </oldjoke>. Nobody is going to hand you money for nothing, you have to work. It's that simple. Even if it's just a crap part-time paper round or babysitting or something, take whatever you can get.