I need all this but dont want to buy overpriced US amps. I would rather have a dark tone, inbuilt reverb and noise gate, midi capable footswitching, parallel and series fx loop preferably 50w and 3 channels

What options of amps do i have. I could spend aroud £1300/e1800?
Last edited by ibanezed at Sep 21, 2007,
Check out an H&K Switchblade...or maybe one of these Line 6 Spider Valves whenever they come out.
Quote by OtisB Driftwood
David Hassolhoff Is the god of death metal

Quote by Kantroce
What's that? I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

My gear
Schecter Tempest Custom
Peavey VK112
Fulltone OCD
Line 6 Verbzilla
Line 6 DL-4
Xotic Effects AC Boost
Rocktron Tri-Wah
i'm going to have to agree, try out the Switchblade
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by aequitasveritas
Engl.

engls are way too bright for me..is it possible to get them modded?. i know with the circutry some amp manufactures like Laney are very difficult and expensive to mod.
Diezel, Framus?
GEAR:
Epiphone special II
Ibanez RG570
Yamaha C-40
Roland Cube 30
ENGL Fucking Fireball
Framus 2x12 W/V30's

T3H HAMMER
With all the stuff you want,it would probably be best to go rack.
That way you have way more options,and its more customizable.
i hated the switchblade when i tried it. you might as well try it though, as you may disagree.

built-in noise gate is tricky, engl are the only guys i know of who do that. then again, you could just buy a decimator, so it's not like it's a deal-breaker if you ask me.

i'd probably check out diezel, framus and koch. cornford too, though they aren't as modern sounding (great tone though), and may be a little bright for you. brunetti xlr-evo would also be sweet, i believe it's £1300.

EDIT: if you like dark, might as well try a genz benz el-diablo too. make sure you try it, though, loads of people hate it. it is american, but it's under budget.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i hated the switchblade when i tried it. you might as well try it though, as you may disagree.

built-in noise gate is tricky, engl are the only guys i know of who do that. then again, you could just buy a decimator, so it's not like it's a deal-breaker if you ask me.

i'd probably check out diezel, framus and koch. cornford too, though they aren't as modern sounding (great tone though), and may be a little bright for you. brunetti xlr-evo would also be sweet, i believe it's £1300.

EDIT: if you like dark, might as well try a genz benz el-diablo too. make sure you try it, though, loads of people hate it. it is american, but it's under budget.

i didnt like the el diablo too much. really if its possible to mod an engl to get a dark tone then i would be interested. otherwise ill buy one amp for liquid gain like a 6505 and one for classic gain like an orange tiny terror and two 2x12s
you could maybe try a fireball, it's a bit darker sounding... you'd need another amp for mid-gain tones though.

i'd definitely consider that brunetti, to be honest, if you can try one- there are a few dealer s in the uk. it has an edge/sweep control which allows it to be trebly at one extreme (more like an engl distortion) and darker at the other end (more like mesa). plus really nice cleans and a nice crunch too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Try a Hughes and Kettner Trilogy, or Triamp if you can afford it - Trilogy should definately be under budget new, and you may well be able to find a second hand Triamp. Both have 3 channels... clean will do cleans (of course), then the crunch should do classic gain and the lead should do modern gain. Trilogy's are pretty easy to find as well... triamps less so, but I've seen one or two around
I think you should check out Cornford.
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

Quote by Dave_Mc
you could maybe try a fireball, it's a bit darker sounding... you'd need another amp for mid-gain tones though.

i'd definitely consider that brunetti, to be honest, if you can try one- there are a few dealer s in the uk. it has an edge/sweep control which allows it to be trebly at one extreme (more like an engl distortion) and darker at the other end (more like mesa). plus really nice cleans and a nice crunch too.

i tried the fireball..its not as good as a 6505

Brunetti...i heard it, it sounds like the right amp but they dont even sell it on bloody Thomann!. There are no UK shops that sell it i think.

The H&K Tri is great with features but theres something about the tone that bugs me..

Edit:-theres a brunetti on ebay and its 1100...mmmm (checks bank account)
Cornford is not good for the Br00talz
Last edited by ibanezed at Sep 22, 2007,
Well if you like the 6505 you should get it.

it may not be midi capable, but you could set it up that way! might be a little more work but its a great amp!

^Also check musicstore. I believe they stocked them a year or two back so they should still have them!
there definitely are UK brunetti dealers... i tried one in a shop about 15 miles from my house (not much use to you, though), and there was a dealer who used to advertise in the guitar magazines (can't remember the name though)... so if you got lucky, you might find a dealer who's reasonably handy to you...

to be honest, yeah, i'd probably prefer a 5150/6505 to a fireball, the fireball is probably my least favourite engl (that i've tried).

aye, i saw that dealer on ebay... £1100 is pretty good, i think i got quoted £1300 in my local shop. Though that's a small shop, and i didn't try to bargain or anything (i was just trying it to see what it was like)...

EDIT: ok, i checked a couple of the german sites, music schmidt, beyers, musicstore... it's cheaper on that UK ebay site, basically.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Sep 22, 2007,
Quote by Dave_Mc
there definitely are UK brunetti dealers... i tried one in a shop about 15 miles from my house (not much use to you, though), and there was a dealer who used to advertise in the guitar magazines (can't remember the name though)... so if you got lucky, you might find a dealer who's reasonably handy to you...

to be honest, yeah, i'd probably prefer a 5150/6505 to a fireball, the fireball is probably my least favourite engl (that i've tried).

aye, i saw that dealer on ebay... £1100 is pretty good, i think i got quoted £1300 in my local shop. Though that's a small shop, and i didn't try to bargain or anything (i was just trying it to see what it was like)...

cool might be a pain in the arse if it goes faulty..Italians (or is it french) arent exactly the most efficiant people on earth. I need to get racing stripes for it..it sound like a racing car!

here is an xl r evo endorser
http://www.myspace.com/pleymo
Last edited by ibanezed at Sep 22, 2007,
yeah, i might if you find a close-ish dealer, it's certainly good enough to try. i wouldn't buy anything without trying, unless you get a good enough deal where you can move it on for the same price...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, i might if you find a close-ish dealer, it's certainly good enough to try. i wouldn't buy anything without trying, unless you get a good enough deal where you can move it on for the same price...

i cant see any in central scotland where i am. ill keep hunting.
ah crap, yeah central scotland might be awkward. guitar guitar in edinburgh or glasgow has a very nice selection of stuff, but i don't think they're brunetti dealers...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Isn't the ENGL Blackmore supposed to be fairly dark?
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
not really. it's not as bright as a screamer, has more of a hot-rodded marshal, slightly more vintage, spongy and open type tone, but i'd still say it's bright rather than dark. it's not dark like a 5150 or recto can get dark. also it has 4 channels, but it's shared eq.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?