I thinking of probably buying one, but i don't know how heavy they can get.Can someone tell me please?? i play heavy grind-core/ death-core/metal-core, i do lots of palm muting , pinch Harmonics and the occasional Sweeps.
perfect for you...maybe a 5150
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
i would think plenty heavy enough. i have a mesa triple rectifier and it causes absolute and utter destruction. as with any tube amp you have to give it some volume to give it some balls.
the first step to failure is trying.
+1 to ENGL, I think that's probably your best bet, 5150/6505s are good, but if you're looking at Dual Rectos, you could get a pretty nice ENGL that would be much better anyway. Maybe look into Framus too...seeing as your name is Framus
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
So if Duals are good, whats the difference between a dual and a triple?
Are triples just louder or do they have more distortion etc?
Do the heads sound best when run through Mesa cabs or others?
Metal Head

One Day, We'll All Go Into The Water.
Go, Into The Water, Live There, Die There.

Gear
Squier Stratocaster
Jackson Pro Series Kelly
Jackson Dinky Sustaniac
Roland Cube 60
Peavey Triple XXX Stack
Quote by Ryan Nias
So if Duals are good, whats the difference between a dual and a triple?
Are triples just louder or do they have more distortion etc?
Do the heads sound best when run through Mesa cabs or others?

I much prefer the Duals to the Triples, the triples don't sound as good (imo). Plus they're 150watts, who needs 150 watts?

What cab it sounds best through is all subject to your taste.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Alright. My cube models a rectifier and I liked the tone, so maybe one day I'll get one of these...
Metal Head

Gear
Squier Stratocaster
Jackson Pro Series Kelly
Jackson Dinky Sustaniac
Roland Cube 60
Peavey Triple XXX Stack
Quote by Ryan Nias
Alright. My cube models a rectifier and I liked the tone, so maybe one day I'll get one of these...

Well...that's just a model...I wouldn't base whether you like the amp on a model of it, go play it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
single= 50 watts
Dual = 100 watts
triple= 150 Watts

If I could go back, i would probably buy a dual or even a single rectifier. My triple is almost too much......almost. They run best through the mesa cab or a higher end cab such as an Orange. On the mesa's you can also change the tubes. You can use the stock 6L6s or EL34s (You cant do this on lots of other tube amps cause you have to get them re biased but the mesa has a switch for self biasing). I feel the EL34 are give you a clearer distortion while the 6L6 give you a dirtier more broken up sound.

The 5150/6505 are super heavy. The difference between it and the mesa is that the mesa can get better cleans. You can also try the Triple X. Its pretty similar to the Mesa.
My Gear:
Gibson SG special (W/ S.D. Jazz(N) & JB (B))
Mesa-Boogie Solo Triple Rec. (with EL-34's)
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Boss TU-2 Chromatic tuner
(what else do i need)

Where i work:
www.beanstalkmusic.com
Yeah, I'd obviously try it if I had the methods of buying one
Metal Head

Gear
Squier Stratocaster
Jackson Pro Series Kelly
Jackson Dinky Sustaniac
Roland Cube 60
Peavey Triple XXX Stack
You could always buy the 5150 and a good clean amp then use a FS to switch between them if you need good cleans.

And uh... WTF is the difference between grindcore metalcore deathcore hardcore etc.. >_>
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

I like Goregrind myself.
Metal Head

Gear
Squier Stratocaster
Jackson Pro Series Kelly
Jackson Dinky Sustaniac
Roland Cube 60
Peavey Triple XXX Stack
^Oh, if you like the tone of the recto model on your cube, chances are you're going to like the sound of the real amp. A lot of people say don't judge an amp by a modelling unit, but in all reality, it's the second best thing to judge it by and they're usually not far off.

(Sorry for the OTness)
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220

with 5150/6505 you can get them moded for an extra tube in the pre (i think its the pre anyway) amp to give it a tighter clean. i thought it came on the 6505 or 6505+ can someone let me know what the deal is with that?
Isn't the rectifier just for converting power? I didn't think it would have anything to do with tone...
Ibanez RG350dx
Ibanez AF85 Artcore VLS
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
I love my Dual Rec. It's not as "loose" as a lot of folks on here claim. The Mark IV is supposed to be "OMG!!!" for most cats on here, whatever. Try it out, man. I think it's great for what you're going for
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
Quote by sg-rocker173
You could always buy the 5150 and a good clean amp then use a FS to switch between them if you need good cleans.

And uh... WTF is the difference between grindcore metalcore deathcore hardcore etc.. >_>

grindcore=napalm death, metalcore=zao, as i lay dying, deathcore=from a second story window, hardcore= minor threat, h2o, bad brains
dual recs are as loose as a coke heads bowels
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
Quote by burn the stars
grindcore=napalm death, metalcore=zao, as i lay dying, deathcore=from a second story window, hardcore= minor threat, h2o, bad brains

-_-
Quote by rocknrollgod

Quote by Gutch220

Loose meaning?
Metal Head

Gear
Squier Stratocaster
Jackson Pro Series Kelly
Jackson Dinky Sustaniac
Roland Cube 60
Peavey Triple XXX Stack
No, I just think hardcore = hardcore, not hardcore + grindcore deathcore metalcore growlcore etc. :\ Too many cores. Classic rock was divided into 60s 70s and 80s classic rock, and metal. Not classic rock death rock rock core shred core rock shred metal rock etc etc. One genre for the growling is sufficient.

Eh, I've spammed far too much. Goodnight UG. ^^
Quote by rocknrollgod

Quote by Gutch220

Nah it gets way different when you get into Metal, lots of different sounds.
Grind is grind for a reason, as is most others.
Metal Head

Gear
Squier Stratocaster
Jackson Pro Series Kelly
Jackson Dinky Sustaniac
Roland Cube 60
Peavey Triple XXX Stack
Quote by SMterminator
Isn't the rectifier just for converting power? I didn't think it would have anything to do with tone...

it does affect the tone actually. A tube rectifier starts choking the amp when it's trying to draw the most power, so gives it a more spongy feel with less headroom. A silicon diode rectifier doesn't suffer from the same voltage drop, so it's a little tighter and punchier sounding with more headroom. The rectos all offer both kinds of rectifier, except the single, which only has silicon diode.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
given the description, probably as heavy as you'll need.

5150/6505's are pretty heavy too, bascailly in the same gainy territory just different voicings.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
rectos are great amps, just remember dont try and set them up like a marshall completely different, but for your style it would suit your need, i find them a tad heavier than 6505s, especially with 6L6s, and it takes alot to get them to feedback as well which is a nice feature
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Quote by sg-rocker173
No, I just think hardcore = hardcore, not hardcore + grindcore deathcore metalcore growlcore etc. :\ Too many cores. Classic rock was divided into 60s 70s and 80s classic rock, and metal. Not classic rock death rock rock core shred core rock shred metal rock etc etc. One genre for the growling is sufficient.

ahhh, ok. im sorry i missunderstood. i know what you mean with all the "cores" gets gotten waaaaaaaaaaaay outta hand.
Quote by burn the stars

For being correct, you get a cookie.

Quote by sg-rocker173

Considering hardcore is a type of punk, what does metal have to do with anything?

To the OP, Mesa Dual Rectifiers are very common amps for hardcore, punk and metal, including the most extreme offshoots of these genres. It will certainly be just fine for what you're doing.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2