Any books you guys find that are really good, and informational? I need books that cover:

-Metal
-Jazz
-Orchestration
- Arrangement

I dont mean one book that covers them all, but a few books that cover each topic individually. Links would also be a big help, thanks alot!

I dont mean how to play the guitar, really though. I mean like, the theory, or maybe history of, collections of riffs or pieces, anything really that can get me enveloped in the styles.
"Improvising Jazz" by Jerry Coker.
"If faith is the answer we've already reached it
and if spirits a sign, then it's only a matter of time"
^Respam: shameless bump

For jazz: Do you have Mark Levine's Jazz Theory?
For metal: Don't play it

Seriously, Mark Levine's helps so much. It gives you nice ideas etc. You need to know how to read though, if you don't: William Leavitt's Modern Method for Guitar.
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
^ Read music?
You simply MUST check out my music on
Reverbnation Downloads available here
Myspace Streaming Only

Especially for fans of Tool, APC, Avant-Garde, Ambient music, rock instrumentals, and fans of music in general. Will not disappoint.
according to a guitar book i have, derek bailey "wrote 'improvisation' - a book that all creative guitarists should read"

he's a jazz guitarist.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Quote by elvenkindje
^Respam: shameless bump

For jazz: Do you have Mark Levine's Jazz Theory?
For metal: Don't play it

Seriously, Mark Levine's helps so much. It gives you nice ideas etc. You need to know how to read though, if you don't: William Leavitt's Modern Method for Guitar.

I have the WL Modern Method for Guitar Books 1 and 2, they worked wonders on my reading abilities. Is Jazz Theory a berklee book as well?
As mentioned above, ML's Jazz Theory is good. Getting a Real Book is also good for Jazz, mainly to recieve exposure to actual Jazz music, something that seems to be becoming sparse.

Anyone else think that "book on experimentation" is an oxymoron?
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
agh i hate the hell outta that levitt book but what i do like is the jazz books by jamey aebersold, they has some brilliant ideas and are great for reading music, since it is all in notation.
A very very VERY great theory book is is "Practical Theory For Guitar" by Don Latarski. It has a pink cover that stands out nicely so you'll know it when you see it. I highly reccommend it.
/just bought mark levines book and told insideac about it a few days ago but he shrugged it off, under-estimating the real power of it
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
Quote by EZLN libertad
/just bought mark levines book and told insideac about it a few days ago but he shrugged it off, under-estimating the real power of it

Yeah right! Just like you shrugged off The Used .

Are these books like, rare, or are they well circulated?