Hey guys Im new to the site Names Devon and Im in the Navy. Once I get back to the states Im wanting to get another guitar. Right now Ive got a BC Rich Warlock bronze edition. Im wanting to get a guitar in the 600-800$ range and I was was hoping some of you guys could give your recomendation's. I love toplay metal and rock and I was hoping to get a guitar with some emg pickups, thanksforany info
check out some ESP guitars, anything in their 400 series or above are quite good. I would personally get the EC-500, but if you don't like the LP look, they have every other style there with the same good quality wood and electronics.

EC-500
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-EC500-With-EMG-Pickups?sku=512885
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
I actually only have a practiceamp but when I get to washington Im in the market for a new amp and guitar, as for the amp though Im looking at getting one from line 6. But any suggestions on the amps would be nice as well. Thanks for any help.
check out the c-1 schecter hellraiser...its a great guitar...
Quote by mista cricket

Passive pickups? Are there such a thing as aggressive pickup s?

Quote by guitarman015
What is theory?
+1 and many more + on that...and if you dont want a floyd rose....the exotic star is awesome....coil tap and awesome pickups
Don't get a line 6 spider. You can do much better. +1 to the schecter hellraiser
WTLTL 2011
do give the line 6 spider III a try...lots of ppl love them for metal...myself included..but try a bunch of different amps...amps are a huge part to getting the sound u like and want...ive been through lots of amps...prob over 20 and maybe 3 gave me the sound i wanted
Last edited by twinturboaudi at Sep 21, 2007,
Im going to have to research the blackouts, are they a active pickup's like the emg's? And the reason I was looking at the line 6 amps was because Ive heard a lot of people back in my home town talk good about them but if you all wouldnt mind could you through your recommendation on amps out while on the subject. Hey and thanks for the ideas on guitars. Thanks for the help guys.
Quote by dgrier87
Im going to have to research the blackouts, are they a active pickup's like the emg's? And the reason I was looking at the line 6 amps was because Ive heard a lot of people back in my home town talk good about them but if you all wouldnt mind could you through your recommendation on amps out while on the subject. Hey and thanks for the ideas on guitars. Thanks for the help guys.

yes they are active...seymour duncan basically took the emg 81,85 set..and fixed what was wrong with them..the blackouts are quieter (not while playing) and have more lowered end and a fuller sound

as for amps...as u can see i have the spider III 75 watt which i love...this was after trying over 20 amps...only reason im selling is to get the spider valve thats coming out..if i wasnt i would be keeping it...but it all depends on ur budget...and sound u want.....also consider the volume ur going to be playing at...the spider III doesnt do to well at higher volume where a tube would shine...but in a bedroom or apartment...its just fine...but also check out a roland cube...and u need to decide whether u want to do pedals or not....and if you want a solid state amp or a tube
Quote by dgrier87
I actually only have a practiceamp but when I get to washington Im in the market for a new amp and guitar, as for the amp though Im looking at getting one from line 6. But any suggestions on the amps would be nice as well. Thanks for any help.

What kind of budget do you have for the amp? or is this included in the first budget you gave us?
Quote by twinturboaudi
do give the line 6 spider III a try...lots of ppl love them for metal...myself included..but try a bunch of different amps...amps are a huge part to getting the sound u like and want...ive been through lots of amps...prob over 20 and maybe 3 gave me the sound i wanted

Phail. The metal settings on a Spider are worse than the other settings, and the other settings sound like ass. I know from experience, I used to own one.

Quote by Shard Heilia
Ibanez XPT700

Great guitar.

Why pay $650 for a guitar with an Edge III, when you can get a used RG570, 550, or Prestige?
Quote by which ones pink
Phail. The metal settings on a Spider are worse than the other settings, and the other settings sound like ass. I know from experience, I used to own one.

Why pay $650 for a guitar with an Edge III, when you can get a used RG570, 550, or Prestige?

phail?...did you just say my opinion failed?...what the hell does that mean?....its my opinion and in my opinion the metal sounds are better than any other amp in that price range....maybe ur searching for a different sound...im sorry the amp doesnt work for you...but it works damn well for me...and i based my purchase on my own ears and reviews by ppl who have been playing longer than u have been alive....i sure do love anchorage though...been there twice
Last edited by twinturboaudi at Sep 21, 2007,
Quote by twinturboaudi
phail?...did you just say my opinion failed?...what the hell does that mean?....its my opinion and in my opinion the metal sounds are better than any other amp in that price range....maybe ur searching for a different sound...im sorry the amp doesnt work for you...but it works damn well for me...and i based my purchase on my own ears and reviews by ppl who have been playing longer than u have been alive....i sure do love anchorage though...been there twice

have you tried cranking your amp?
Esp guitars definatly if you want EMG's they love to load their guitars with those monsters.
Gear
Fender Stratocaster MIM
Jackson DX10
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (neck: Seymour Duncan Jazz, Bridge: Seymour Duncan Distortion)
Marshall Mg50dfx
Digitech Metal Master
Crybaby 535Q
Quote by _KurtCobain_77
have you tried cranking your amp?

yes i have..and they sound like ****...but i live in an apartment...and at low volumes its sounds great....so if ppl hate spiders because they cant turn them up "gig" loud..then thats fine...but at lower to moderate volumes...it works very well and theres tons off ppl out there that need this....trust me..if i could crank it, like i wish i could, i would absolutely have a tube halfstack..prob a peavey xxx or b-52....or even a crate palomino v32..that thing is pretty badass

u spider haters need to realize that some ppl out there have to be considerate of other ppl around them and that the guys who own them prob arent trying to gig with them
Last edited by twinturboaudi at Sep 22, 2007,
Ibanez would be a very good choice for you...you might want to try the XPT700.I tried it a couple of weeks ago...and its super metal...for me that is.No offence,but i don;'t fancy metal.I am leaning towards the side of Funk rock and Rock.I use fenders,well actually i was considering a s470 which is great...but i still recomend the XPT700 for you.Ibanez will suit metal very well