I think this topic has been brought up a few times. But not entirely sure. So, I was proposing, maybe I already have done this, not too sure haha. But I was thinking we could "help" others find music that some of us can't get. Like, say I'm looking for an album and can't find it. Maybe somebody here has it or is able to find it. We could then just give a link to that person and help them out. Now, I'm not to sure on UG's policy of downloading music, but I'm guessing they dont' want to get in trouble, so maybe if we send the link or download via PM or messenger it would be okay. We could just ask for the album here, and maybe someone would come along. I usually don't condone only downloading music, but I like to try before I buy if you catch my drift. So, what do you think guys? Good idea? Oh, and of course I'm guessing we'll need the mods approval.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
It's an OK idea, but their are filesharing networks, online trading type stuff. Why you posted in the metal section is beyond me.
Who reads sigs anyway
Because underground metal is a lot harder to come by. And I like my metal family
And I know theres file sharing networks, I'm not retarded. Theres still music that is close to impossble for me to find. And if you think not see if you can find a link for the band Ceremonial Castings
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Quote by strong_wizard
It's an OK idea, but their are filesharing networks, online trading type stuff. Why you posted in the metal section is beyond me.

Because he thinks it will benefit the metalhead community in acquiring new music hard-to-get music. I think it's a good idea; I would be down for it.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Good idea but won't work unfortunately.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
they're usually the worst for shipping costs. The labels are not too bad, but the bands' own stores often have a flat international shipping rate which is ridiculously high.

Anyways, if this takes off, I'm in

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
not necessarily. I think this can also work if people find places where they can buy said music and direct people on to it.

And some albums aren't available anymore, so besides soulseek and blogs there isn't many other places to find them

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by mortiis999
I still think this shouldn't be allowed. It will be helping to rob small bands of much needed sales.

in ways yes. but its spreading the music i guess to people everywhere which reels in more money etc etc
its ridiculously hard to find some bands cd's anyways so it won't make too much of a difference

anyways i think it's a great idea im definately in
it's been brought up before, by mods and regular users, with an idea of sharing RARE albums. It didn't go anywhere unfortunately. This is possible if done the way Captain suggested it though,.. post a request, and people can pm links. That way it can operate without violating the user rights. And if you give torrents or store links, it's even easier in that regard

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by punk_metal
in ways yes. but its spreading the music i guess to people everywhere which reels in more money etc etc

How does spreadingh music for free "reel in" more money? The exposure argument doesn't wash, casue you're relying on people then going to buy the album on the strength of their conciences.
Quote by mortiis999
How does spreadingh music for free "reel in" more money? The exposure argument doesn't wash, casue you're relying on people then going to buy the album on the strength of their conciences.

eh,.. I don't know about others, but even if I download something, I try to eventually buy it, unless it was a boring album that did nothing for me. Hearing the album first in this case is certainly of benefit. And I can always pass it to friends who may buy the album too

“Who are you then?.."
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by mortiis999

the music is spreading making more people know about the band so they would by the cd but yeh your right. it could turn out really bad or really good.
i think music is more about being more known respected whatevers and out there than the money. but could be the opposite..
im just saying yes they will want money in return but in the end its about teh music lolol
EDIT:R.E.S.P.E.C.T
Find out what it means to me
R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Take care, TCB
Last edited by punk_metal at Sep 21, 2007,