I have $400 (roughly 200 quid) to spend on a new amp. I have an Epiphone Les Paul Custom. Love to play old school rock, a bit of indie but nothing metal or super heavy (eg. metallica).

Love stuff like Gn'R, Led Zep, Oasis, Arctic Monkeys, Incubus, Jimi Hendrix, MCR.. that kind of stuff.

So yea, I currently have a Fender Frontman 15G, which honestly has a decent clean channel but since I've moved abroad, I need a new amp, and have saved up the 200 quid for this specific reason. Suggestions would be most welcomed. I really want an amp with a good clean channel, but also something with a couple of built-in effects (though these dont have to be first class).

Cheers for any suggestions. Thanks in advance.
So...you're in the UK? Or the US? I'm a tad confused

If you're over here (UK) and you can get just a little bit more money, I'd suggest the Laney VC15. Otherwise, you could look into the LC15R or an Epiphone Valve Jr. and an overdrive. They won't have the built in effects, but you will get superior tone.

If the effects matter a lot then you could try the Epiphone Valve Standard. And, if you would like amp modelling as well, then perhaps one of the Vox Valvetronix amps would work.
Cheers for the help. I'm in the UK, near Birmingham, which is pretty handy for guitarists.
Quote by XVentura
Cheers for the help. I'm in the UK, near Birmingham, which is pretty handy for guitarists.

Oo where abouts? I live like 30 mins from Birmingham.
laney vc15. really nice amp for what you want to play... i think you can get them for £220 if you shop around... footswitch is extra (like £10-£15) but you could get that later if you were really stuck. EDIT: i just basically second what denthul said. the vc15 has reverb... that's enough for me if i have tone, may not be enough for you though. the epi valve standard is worth a try- though go to sound control, they make those epi amps under the grainger brand name, for a lot less cash. for non-metal tones, i'd prefer an all-tube amp to a valvetronix. the valvetronix is nice, but it's an imitation of the real thing. not much point when you can afford the real thing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Ht666
Oo where abouts? I live like 30 mins from Birmingham.

Well I actually live in Leamington Spa but embarassed about doing so

Saying that I live in Birmingham gives me a bit more respect in and around 'da hood'. Innit?
Alright, so I've actually gone to check out the Laney 15C. The clean sounds a bit drabbier than I imagined. And I tried listening to sound samples from the Laney site and it's the same. However, it's got a really bluesy tone, which is something I definitely wanted.

Anyhow, it's down to it and the Epi Valve Standard (which sounds pretty good as well). Looked around for a bit and found that the Epi will be about £20 more expensive than the Laney, so which one do yous recommend I go for?
Cheers. Need to get this thread to hang around in the front page because I need more suggestions!
Quote by XVentura
Alright, so I've actually gone to check out the Laney 15C. The clean sounds a bit drabbier than I imagined. And I tried listening to sound samples from the Laney site and it's the same. However, it's got a really bluesy tone, which is something I definitely wanted.

Anyhow, it's down to it and the Epi Valve Standard (which sounds pretty good as well). Looked around for a bit and found that the Epi will be about £20 more expensive than the Laney, so which one do yous recommend I go for?

either the laney vc15 (might as well try the lc15r too if you can get a chance, it might have a slightly sparklier clean tone, though I haven't tried it), or the grainger version of the epi valve standard.

http://www.soundcontrol.co.uk/mod_1/pages/mod_1.12/pages/mod_1.12.1/pages/mod_1.12.1.1/pages/index.php?sku=1.1.1.3.1.1-216-18002 (cheaper than the vc15).

I haven't tried the valve standard/valve 15, but i think i'd prefer the laney vc to the other graingers I've tried. But obviously personal preference and all that, it's really up to you.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?