hey all, I'm wondering what the nicest strat copy is.. I can't afford a nice american strat, so what would you all recommend?
,Thanks
yamaha pacifica is ok, but i think they have a HSS set up instead of SSS
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
Quote by fretsonfire74
why not a mexican strat?

That was exactly what I was going to say
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by PanHead
Buy American.

did you even read the thread? he can't afford one.

I don't see whats wrong with getting a MIM fender strat rather than a copy, unless you can't afford the MIM either. we need to know your budget.

Also, you can't make the thread title bold, it always is. If you could format the thread title text all the threads would be in size 600 font, bold, red, because everyone would be trying to get their thread noticed above everyone elses.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by colonelsanders1
lol how to u make titles bold?

You can't

What's your price range?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Jackson JS20 or 30 Dinky...

Those range from 200-300 I believe

I bought mine for around 200 so yeah, good guitars
Quote by Blompcube
did you even read the thread? he can't afford one.

I don't see whats wrong with getting a MIM fender strat rather than a copy, unless you can't afford the MIM either. we need to know your budget.

Also, you can't make the thread title bold, it always is. If you could format the thread title text all the threads would be in size 600 font, bold, red, because everyone would be trying to get their thread noticed above everyone elses.

http://www.carvin.com/products/guitar.php?ItemNumber=BOLT

American made and you can buy a bolt kit lot cheaper.

http://www.carvin.com/products/single.php?ItemNumber=GK1&CID=KBN
Quote by PanHead

oh ok, i thought you meant "buy an american strat". Nobody is gonna know you meant carvin from what you posted before lol.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Archeo
A used MIJ Fender Strat?

its not a copy but it costs like one
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
tokai.

not "the best", but possibly the best for the money. you can get them second hand for less than an MIM new, and they smoke an MIM. Heck, IMO, they smoke an MIA.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
My budget is $350-400, I just heard that mim strats were kinda bad, but I haven't tried any yet. Next time I go to a guitar shop I will try one out.
,Thanks
Quote by PanHead
Buy American.

Mexican strats - made by Mexicans in Mexico
American strats - made by Mexicans 40 miles away in America
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull

stop stealing **** from peoples sig
you're not funny.
Quote by steven seagull

Hehe, +1. as for your budget, look into anyone of the following:

Old Tokai Strats - I've only played one but it was SWEET and they have a great rep

80s Japanese Squiers Strats - These are great guitars as well, much better then todays Squiers. Not to say todays are bad, but these are as good as some American strats imo.

Squier Standard Series - These can be hit or miss, but if you find one that plays nice, and if you upgrade the pickups, you've got a winner.

My budget is $350-400, I just heard that mim strats were kinda bad, but I haven't tried any yet. Next time I go to a guitar shop I will try one out.

Try one.
Quote by fretsonfire74
you're not funny.

Oh, I *so* am

Who's sig is it from, I figured I must have seen it somewhere but I'm buggered if I can remember where....let's face it, it's not like I'm Carlos Mencia.

I just get tired of people bleating on about buying American as if the very fact that a guitar's made there is an iron-clad guarantee of it being superior to anything else.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull

My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
Quote by fretsonfire74
you're not funny.

yea, cuz, u no, it was in the sig originally, that guy made it up for his sig and didnt take it from sumplace else....

Anyway, yeah, mexican strats can be as good as MIA once you upgrade the tuners, pickups and saddles.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
rondomusic.com

/thread

but seriously check it out
founder/leader of the Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club
pm me if you would like to join

--my gear--
squier '51 (flipped for left handed)
cheap no name 15w amp
Yeah, get a Mexican HSS strat. Ain't nothing wrong with those.
Quote by colonelsanders1
,Thanks

Later model (06-Present) MIMs aren't bad at all. Granted, with the rather sketchy QC, you should play a few but you shouldn't have too much trouble finding a nice one.
#48 of the Fender Armada
#2 Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club

Gibson SG Standard
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Fender Mustang
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by steven seagull

ROFL, funniest thing I've seen all week!
Quote by steven seagull
Oh, I *so* am

Who's sig is it from, I figured I must have seen it somewhere but I'm buggered if I can remember where....let's face it, it's not like I'm Carlos Mencia.

I just get tired of people bleating on about buying American as if the very fact that a guitar's made there is an iron-clad guarantee of it being superior to anything else.

agreed. i've played some awesome US-made guitars, but i've also played some decidedly average ones. or at least, average for the price they were asking.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Agile ST-1000

Pretty decent specs for a $300 guitar.

The locking tuners will let you mess around with the trem more .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by Dave_Mc
agreed. i've played some awesome US-made guitars, but i've also played some decidedly average ones. or at least, average for the price they were asking.

And that is why you should buy your guitars in a store instead of over the internet...
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
depends how much you're saving, i guess. and depends on the brand too.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?