Page 1 of 6
who cares.. its just a squire man. :-)
My Gear:
Agile - 2000 W/ EMG 81/85
Fender 112 Stageman
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Digitech Rp100
Yamaha Ac/El
Can someone explain why you need a 3-way pickup switch for a guitar with one pickup?
Quote by Paul Lambeth
It's like having the best orgasm of your life ever, but in your brain, and the opposite of that.
Quote by mattyp90
Can someone explain why you need a 3-way pickup switch for a guitar with one pickup?

Haha, yea, you have a very good point there
Quote by mattyp90

I assume it works the same way as with a Fender Esquire. One position will be the sound of the pickup as it is, then one through a resistor or something and one that allows the tone to bleed a bit. It does make a difference.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Avril sig or not, I think it looks pretty damn sweet.

And if you'd bothered to look at the link properly, you'd see what the 3 way switch is for.

Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade:
Position 1. Front Coil
Position 2. Full Humbucker (Both Coils)
Position 3. Rear Coil
Quote by MavataR
thats one hell of a find. Did it have change in the case? cause you probably stole it from a busker who was off taking a piss.

Quote by mattyp90

Position 1. Front Coil
Position 3. Rear Coil
Quote by mattyp90

Ever heard of an Esquire?
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
Quote by Kurapica
I assume it works the same way as with a Fender Esquire. One position will be the sound of the pickup as it is, then one through a resistor or something and one that allows the tone to bleed a bit. It does make a difference.

Thanks, I did ask . Though that just seems like a lot of hassle for a pretty minor difference in tone (compared to two different pickups, that is) , and they got rid of the pickup(s) a Tele is best known (and loved) for.
Quote by Paul Lambeth
It's like having the best orgasm of your life ever, but in your brain, and the opposite of that.
Quote by mattyp90
Thanks, I did ask . Though that just seems like a lot of hassle for a pretty minor difference in tone (compared to two different pickups, that is) , and they got rid of the pickup(s) a Tele is best known (and loved) for.

Aye, they could've mounted the humbucker onto a metal plate to retain some of those tones...I'm kinda wondering why they didn't...
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Mwoit
Position 1. Front Coil
Position 3. Rear Coil

I think most humbuckers have mirrored coils, wich means that the sound of each coil is the same...probably here only the distance from the bridge counts
=>Fender Highway 1 Stratocaster with Alnico V Holydiver Bare Knuckle bridge humbucker

=>40 Watt RMS Yorkville Traynor YCV-40 valve amplifier

=>30 Watt Tech 21 NYC - Trademark 30 solid amplifier

=>Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby pedal
As far as cheap Teles go, it actually sounds pretty good. Obviously the generic humbucker would need to be replaced, but past that it sounds like a pretty good instrument for that lower price band. It's the first Tele I've ever looked at and actually thought it looks okay too, normally they're ugly buggers.

Shame it's got her name and logo on it, but the logo's easy enough to overlook and her name could be taken off easily if it bothered you that much.

Quote by Stingz.
she doesnt even play much does she??

You'd be surprised. She's actually pretty competent (or at least, she's no less competent than any other pop-rock act around) and plays a lot herself on her tours. Obviously she never breaks out the Clapton-esque fretboard wanking solos, but she doubles up almost all the rhythm parts and sometimes the lead parts too.
Having a couple of female friends who've like her since her second album, I've been subjected to her music since then and I must admit it kind of grows on you, especially the album tracks (i.e. everything that isn't released as a single and spammed everywhere), and I've seen her perform a couple of times and she does an okay job of it. More than people here would give her credit for anyway.

Quote by Big_Rat
Still.....

The fact that she thinks she deserves her own guitar is quite amusing

Uh, what the hell? No guitarists thinks "hey I'm awesome, I'll get a company to produce a signature guitar for me, I deserve it". Guitar brands go to them and ask them to collaborate on making a signature guitar, not the other way around. And even then, it's very rare the guitarist who's name is on the guitar had anything to do with designing it. Usually what happens is the company making them take one of the guitarist's original custom guitars, and then just looks at it, pokes it around a bit, and works out how to replicate it cheaply. It's very, very rare that the guitarist in question ever does more than sign on the dotted line and sit back raking in the royalties.
I think it looks interesting however the price is near Fender MIM Tele territory which I'm going to imagine will be far greater than this.
Guitars Fender Highway 1 Telecaster, Vintage VS-6, Yamaha C-40 Classical
Amps Laney VC15, Crate GT212 *FOR SALE*
Pedals Fulltone OCD, Vox V847, Marshall The Echohead, EHX Small Clone, Korg DT-10

Member of the Laney Cult
What humors me is how so many people complain how she doesn't deserve her own guitar, how she sucks, blah, blah, blah, yadda, yadda, yadda....

She's obviously doing something right, she's making more money than pretty much anyone on this board. I don't see many people here getting backed by a major guitar company.

I might not listen to or enjoy her music, but I can at least respect her for being able to get to where a lot of people can only dream.

That, and I'd hit it.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by Hakael
What humors me is how so many people complain how she doesn't deserve her own guitar, how she sucks, blah, blah, blah, yadda, yadda, yadda....

She's obviously doing something right, she's making more money than pretty much anyone on this board. I don't see many people here getting backed by a major guitar company.

I might not listen to or enjoy her music, but I can at least respect her for being able to get to where a lot of people can only dream.

That, and I'd hit it.

lol so would i.
Shouldn't she be using a Daisy Rock?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by Hakael

That, and I'd hit it.

Exactly, she makes way more than any of us do, and will probably ever make. Sure, her music is turd, her chops probably aren't there, but at least she's doing what she wants to do, and is fortunate to a guitar branded after her.

And yeah, I'd do her
Quote by fretsonfire74
its a **** guitar, for a **** "musician" if you can call her that.

as far as you know/care, it could actually be a very good guitar. I'd probably buy it if it WASN'T the avril lavigne sig model... Also its £219, most squiers around that price are actually a lot better than you random squierbashers might think. Don't judge a guitar by the signature on it

Squier like to stab themselves in the back like this it seems. Now nobody is gonna believe me that they make some good guitars...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by macaroni
pfft telecasters are ugly. squiers suck. who cares.

Wrong on so many levels.
Pedals Fulltone OCD, Vox V847, Marshall The Echohead, EHX Small Clone, Korg DT-10

Member of the Laney Cult
Quote by gnrlover1
this bitch should be denied the right to come within a 50 mile radius of any guitar. restraining order ftw

i cont believe how sad all you little boys are.

just because shes a girl, that does not mean she cant play that guitar.

she's been on tour with pro musicians playing STADIUMS for about 5 years now.

do you really think she plays as poorly as most of you do?

i have a younger female cousin, who took up guitar playing (after drumming for 4 yrs) because she identified with avril.

you know what? how about any of the haters in here go live in front of millions and then report back as to how easy it is.

in case you cant tell, i think calling her a bitch was pretty obnoxious.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by macaroni
pfft telecasters are ugly. squiers suck. who cares.

what an idiot. lol.

do i need to repeat myself for the 6454389754th time about squier actually making some decent guitars? and that most squiers are actually decent guitars, let down by shoddy electronics and poor factory setup, so its only really noobs that don't recognise that they can be good?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

Quote by jj1565
i cont believe how sad all you little boys are.

just because shes a girl, that does not mean she cant play that guitar.

she's been on tour with pro musicians playing STADIUMS for about 5 years now.

do you really think she plays as poorly as most of you do?

i have a younger female cousin, who took up guitar playing (after drumming for 4 yrs) because she identified with avril.

you know what? how about any of the haters in here go live in front of millions and then report back as to how easy it is.

in case you cant tell, i think calling her a bitch was pretty obnoxious.

+1. That guy was a jackass. Public scrutiny is arguably more difficult than playing guitar to a good level.

And Blomp, some Squiers are decent enough. Heck, they're good starter guitars. But most of UG is sadly a name-loving community. Gibson? Check. Fender? Check. Squier? EWWW NO WAIII I WUD NOT TUCH OEN OF THOSE WITH A POWL VAULT.

Idiots!
Quote by Blompcube
as far as you know/care, it could actually be a very good guitar. I'd probably buy it if it WASN'T the avril lavigne sig model... Also its £219, most squiers around that price are actually a lot better than you random squierbashers might think. Don't judge a guitar by the signature on it

Squier like to stab themselves in the back like this it seems. Now nobody is gonna believe me that they make some good guitars...

actually my mate has a gibson les paul and a squier strat, and i like the squire better coz the lp has such a thick neck, and it sounds pretty good too.
Quote by Don_Humpador
And Blomp, some Squiers are decent enough. Heck, they're good starter guitars. But most of UG is sadly a name-loving community. Gibson? Check. Fender? Check. Squier? EWWW NO WAIII I WUD NOT TUCH OEN OF THOSE WITH A POWL VAULT.

Idiots!

+1, well put, you managed to clear up what i was trying to say

^^ That's probably because Squires quality control is better than Gibsons

You can't polish a turd by writing Gibson on the Headstock.

Member of the Laney Cult
Quote by Blompcube
+1, well put, you managed to clear up what i was trying to say

I agree with you both. I have a Squier Fat Strat, and yes, I am looking to get a Fender (Highway 1) Tele because it's a better guitar, but I've never actually had a problem with my Squier, and I'll keep it when I get a new guitar because it is still good enough to use. Some people round here judge by names and it's so annoying, I can take it when a Squier user bashes Squier, but if people haven't actually had one, or even used one a few times then they have no authority to start bashing them.
Quote by Paul Lambeth
You put various name brand guitars in the hand of a competent guitarist, with a Squire slipped into the mix...

And I doubt many people at all could even tell which guitar was the Squire. I'm not saying no one could, but I doubt even half of the people that complain about Squires could.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by Big_Rat
Still.....

The fact that she thinks she deserves her own guitar is quite amusing

Especially now that she's even more pop than she was
There is no end to creation.
Quote by Kurapica

I would bet my savings Avril doesn't even know what a Pickup is.

I lol'd, Avril with a signature guitar.

Picturing all the kids with one of these makes you laugh.
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid
Quote by Sharly
^^ That's probably because Squires quality control is better than Gibsons

You can't polish a turd by writing Gibson on the Headstock.

HAHAHAHA You win, it's funny because it's true.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
Quote by Chex
I would bet my savings Avril doesn't even know what a Pickup is.

i would take that bet. that's so funny.
she's been playing with pros and pro equipment in pro venues for about 6 years.
she writes most of her music. sings her songs live while playing guitar, and works in the studio producing with her husband the front man of sum 41.

are you kidding me?

get other urself.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011