Pumpkins are one of my favourite bands these days, but i wasnt turned on to them before their 2000 split.
Ive been watching some of the new footage and billy seems to be playing most of the lead, leaving poor-guy-in-the-darkness-with-les-paul to do all the chording. Was that the case in the Iha days? Just curious.
The solos don't sound very "stratty", but that doesnt really say much i guess.
Godin Progression; Ibanez S320 (Dmz HBs); Ibanez Artcore (Lollar HBs) --> Blackstar S1-45

Selling: Vox AD50VT

GAS: Volume, delay, Digitech Whammy,

http://www.ampworks.co.uk
Yeah, Billy's always done most of the leads.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
^^
Apparantly you didn't see SP in the day...Iha plays the leads
BC Rich Mocking bird
Ibanez Artcore
Epiphone LP JR customized
80's Vantage
Takamine 12 String
Ibanez Bass
Washburn Bass
Marshall JCM900
Marshall 1960a 4x12 with 75's
Acoustic 150
Line 6 POD
Boss OC-2
Heil Talk box
Quote by thatguyaswell
^^
Apparantly you didn't see SP in the day...Iha plays the leads

OH, really?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HHbHl5VFUVg
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

There is an ONLY Smashing Pumpkins thread, please close this.

*reported*
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Quote by sebastian_96

*reported*

sorry bout that
Godin Progression; Ibanez S320 (Dmz HBs); Ibanez Artcore (Lollar HBs) --> Blackstar S1-45

Selling: Vox AD50VT

GAS: Volume, delay, Digitech Whammy,

http://www.ampworks.co.uk
The Smashing Pumpkins became the Billy Corgan Experience in the early 90's. Everyone knows this!

Iha used to do some lead guitar, but as their career progressed, Corgan basically took the whole spotlight. Now that it's only him and Jimmy left, the replacement Iha lookalike and token pretty girl bassist are nothing but session musicians.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Right after Billy's solo James starts doing some lead stuff. Iha usually improvised some lead stuff when Billy was singing from what I've seen but Billy is pretty much the lead in all respects of the band
i thought Billy and James always kinda switched around alot. oh well.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Quote by lateraluspiral
i thought Billy and James always kinda switched around alot. oh well.

They do. Billy does most of the solos, though.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by sebastian_96

*reported*

Or is there?