Hey guys. Ok, so i want to buy a tube amp (fender hot rod deluxe ) but want to get some effects running through it. I have a zoom g2.1u pedal atm, but i have heard that multi effects units sorta destroy the tube sound. WOuld a stomp box not do this? like, are they better for getting that pure tube sound without destroying it? Or are multi effects units not a problem? cheers
it all depends on the quality of the multi effect AND the stomp box. your multi isn´t soo good but i guess you would get nice delay and flanger etc. out of it. I use my multi just for modulation. Just don´t use your multi for dists!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Yeah Multi's can be damaging to a tube tone. Like Ferrarone said, it's about the quality of the effects. For example, a Behringer OD (£22, $44) would sound pretty bad, while a Fulltone OCD (£80, $160) would sound pretty darn amazing.

In the short term multi's can be a means to an end, but I wouldn't gig with them, and it's always nicer to have single-unit (solitary, whatever :p) effects, rather than a load of crap ones stuffed into one little box.

Unless of course you want to save up loads on a Rack based effects system. But that's something for another time.
OCD + Warm Tubes = Fret Board Wanking Time!

Yea save up for singles they are far superior and more tonal options are available.
Guitars Fender Highway 1 Telecaster, Vintage VS-6, Yamaha C-40 Classical
Amps Laney VC15, Crate GT212 *FOR SALE*
Pedals Fulltone OCD, Vox V847, Marshall The Echohead, EHX Small Clone, Korg DT-10

Member of the Laney Cult
yeah ok thanks. Well, it was that or i was looking at upgrading the effects unit, to the zoom g7.1ut, which has tubes in it... :S would that change much?
If you're going to buy a multi, I would stay clear of the Zoom units. The hardware is there, but the samples are horrid. Boss has better samples at the same price. Try the ME-50 or the GT-8 if you've got the money.
+1 to gt-8
Gear
Custom Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Acoustic
VK 112
Epi VJ
EHX Holy Grail
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Modded Tubescreamer TS7 -> TS-808
Strat Knockoff
http://www.thomann.de/gb/fulltone_ocd.htm

222 euro? can i get this cheaper anywhere else?
MIM-v-MIA:
Quote by OneRust
The mexican one is made by mexicans in mexico, the american one is made by mexicans in california

Fender Stratocaster
Crafter D-8 Acoustic
ProTek 80w PA System
Marshall TSL602 Combo
Fender Mini Tweed Twin-Amp
Boss DS-2
Boss CH-1