I was in a guitar store yesterday and i was playing a used thunder bird bass, i really liked it, just wondering .. what sorta price would a 2nd hand one be? Its pretty beat up, looks like its been dropped onto the bottom left of the bass, pretty scracthed up , plus a few other nicks and scrapes on other parts.

Any ideas? i was going to ask but had to go before i had a chance..

http://www.dvguitars.com/invt/37230/

It looked like that but im not sure if it was the same model

Thanks,
I assume its an Epi, not a Gibson.

First, you would have to pay me to own a Thunderbird. But in any case, if its scratched and stuff, you could probably wittle it down to maybe 150-175 USD, not sure how many pounds it would be.

But for that price, if I may, look at Squier VM Jazzes/Ps.
If it's an Epi, they should be paying you to take it off them. For the price, you'd be better off buying nigh on anything else.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
The price and damage to the bass are the least of it's problems. Avoid all Epiphone basses like the plague; that's exactly what they are.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by CurbstompBass
Sheesh, UG is so intolerant of Thunderbirds compared to TalkBass.

If I see the word Thunderbird on the forum I usually duck for cover or get ready for the biggest bashing I will ever wittness in my life.
Quote by Biehayn
If I see the word Thunderbird on the forum I usually duck for cover or get ready for the biggest bashing I will ever wittness in my life.

+1 Sigged for truth.

I've noticed that if you said 'Thunderbird' here six months ago, no one would really care, some people liked, some didn't. Now, EVERYONE hates them to death. It's weird.
As someone who plays a B.C.Rich Ironbird, I've a lot of time for T-Birds, I understand the why. In fact, maybe it's time to start a group for the unloved, oddly shaped, and downright weird basses that get hated on far too much round here! Anyone up for that?
Quote by CurbstompBass
+1 Sigged for truth.

I've noticed that if you said 'Thunderbird' here six months ago, no one would really care, some people liked, some didn't. Now, EVERYONE hates them to death. It's weird.

I've been bashing Thunderbirds on these forums since 2005, thank you!
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
When the T-bird price dropped to 299 I posted in a couple of threads on whether the T-bird was worth the price and NOT ONE person said it wasn't. I bought a T-bird and I love it. The tone is great, i can hit all the high frets, and I don't have a pussy left hand that can't hold the neck. T-birds rule
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/Fuzzycows5157/canada.bmp[/IMG]