Hey all! just interested in seeing how many people out there are forced to play a few "crap" songs (not saying that the song IS crap just you don't wanna play) because you've been out voted by the rest of the band or any other reason (also if so a list of those songs would be awsome "a s*** song list")

o.k mine are:
Truely madly deeply- savage garden
chasing cars- snow patrol
n thats bout it!
All bands have songs you don't wanna play but the other members do. It's because there only human. Shut up and play the damn song fool.
Some dickhead at school who was "running" (and by running, i mean failing miserably when trying to run) an event tried to get us to play Awakening by Switchfoot.

I told him **** his own asshole.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by 7daycrisis
Learn to like a variety

I agree.

I was in a band with a guitarist who had fairly narrow tastes (I was on bass) and we persistantly annoyed him by choosing crowd pleasers written by Lostprophets and MCR.

I just got on with it when asked to play a song I didn't like though.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
All the members of my band actually communicate well and no one is forced to do anything they dont want to!
Yeah i'm not sayin' i don't, i mean even those songs are alright n it was a question I WASN"T COMPLAINING! btw we now do 2 different versions of chasing cars one of wich i love one of wich i hate, Ok i guess i kinda worded the question wrong i mean music is a subjective thing (DUH!!) & i sorta half thought this thread would only cause arguments!
That's what being in a band is bro. You gotta give and take. Remember, it's all about fun.
Quote by gunners fan
Yeah i'm not sayin' i don't, i mean even those songs are alright n it was a question I WASN"T COMPLAINING! btw we now do 2 different versions of chasing cars one of wich i love one of wich i hate, Ok i guess i kinda worded the question wrong i mean music is a subjective thing (DUH!!) & i sorta half thought this thread would only cause arguments!

Ok REVOLATION i worded this quetion really really badly n all its doin is makin me look like a total wanka! wich im not i just go with what ever the majority wants to play occasonly i might put up a breif fight but thats it & we get stuck into learning that song!
Everyone has theyre own taste in music and theyre not going to conform to yours. Yes, you will have to play them, but you should at least be there and support your band mates taste in music. Its good to be eclectic in musical tastes because it keeps you very open to some great bands you might not have heard of otherwise.
Quote by frankv
Ruby by the Kaiser Chiefs is the worst, but it's not that a bad song. What's worse is that we can't even play it properly yet (It's so easy we don't actually take the effort to learn it properly :p

sounds like what i was tring to say dude, we have the exact same problem with" i wanna be sedated" by the ramones
i got a gig at some country club in Jersey with my dad my uncle and my godfather. So im stuck playing like 60's 70's and 80's pop and light rock, and a disco song here and there. I listen to metal so im not really a fan of this stuff. But for a thousand dollars a night (each), i'll play just about anything.

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Quote by lepermessiah22
i got a gig at some country club in Jersey with my dad my uncle and my godfather. So im stuck playing like 60's 70's and 80's pop and light rock, and a disco song here and there. I listen to metal so im not really a fan of this stuff. But for a thousand dollars a night (each), i'll play just about anything.

Thats the way!!!
Quote by break-me-in
and we persistantly annoyed him by choosing crowd pleasers written by Lostprophets and MCR.
I never understand how people can not like playing these kinds of things. Sure they're far from being artistically or technically complex, but god damn are they fun. I try and make everyone I come into contact with try those sorts of bands out at least once, just because so far everyone has always ended up simply having a ton more fun with that sort of thing than playing something more artistic or technically superior.

Anyway, flipping that over - I loathe being asked to or having to play anything which is any kind of 'technical masterpiece' or obnoxiously artistic or whatever. I can play them fine if need be, but nobody in a crowd will like them as much as a more standard chart track, and it's harder to give a good stage performance and engage an audience properly when you're playing that kind of thing, opposed to playing something simpler which an audience can get into more and which leaves you freer to work the stage effectively.
Also, I hate it when any little club band or whatever, tries to perform a legendary masterpiece of any kind. You're never going to perform it anywhere near as well as the original, you won't impress anyone, you're only going to annoy the people in the crowd who love that song, and I refuse to ever be a part of that kind of thing.

Top examples of pointlessly tiresome obnoxious songs, or legendary songs that simply should never be touched, aka songs I hate being forced to play, would be:
- Wanted Dead Or Alive by Bon Jovi
- Layla by Derek And The Dominos
- Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns N' Roses
- I Don't Want To Miss A Thing by Aerosmith (women in the crowd will murder you all if anyone screws this song up, which of course always happens since your singer will never replicate Steven Tyler perfectly)
- Ace Of Spades by Motörhead

I love all of these, but I will brutally disembowel anyone who asks me to play them.
I played bass in a praise band for a while. It's not like I actually liked the music or anything, but I still had fun with it and got free food occasionally.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by bokuho
I never understand how people can not like playing these kinds of things. Sure they're far from being artistically or technically complex, but god damn are they fun. I try and make everyone I come into contact with try those sorts of bands out at least once, just because so far everyone has always ended up simply having a ton more fun with that sort of thing than playing something more artistic or technically superior.

Maybe *gasp* there exist people who actually enjoy playing and listening to technical music. You know, people with opinions that aren't your own. I know, I know, this is a stretch of the imagination, but just try to think what the world would look like if this were the case.
Quote by bokuho

Anyway, flipping that over - I loathe being asked to or having to play anything which is any kind of 'technical masterpiece' or obnoxiously artistic or whatever. I can play them fine if need be, but nobody in a crowd will like them as much as a more standard chart track, and it's harder to give a good stage performance and engage an audience properly when you're playing that kind of thing, opposed to playing something simpler which an audience can get into more and which leaves you freer to work the stage effectively.
Also, I hate it when any little club band or whatever, tries to perform a legendary masterpiece of any kind. You're never going to perform it anywhere near as well as the original, you won't impress anyone, you're only going to annoy the people in the crowd who love that song, and I refuse to ever be a part of that kind of thing.

Top examples of pointlessly tiresome obnoxious songs, or legendary songs that simply should never be touched, aka songs I hate being forced to play, would be:
- Wanted Dead Or Alive by Bon Jovi
- Layla by Derek And The Dominos
- Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns N' Roses
- I Don't Want To Miss A Thing by Aerosmith (women in the crowd will murder you all if anyone screws this song up, which of course always happens since your singer will never replicate Steven Tyler perfectly)
- Ace Of Spades by Motörhead

I love all of these, but I will brutally disembowel anyone who asks me to play them.

I don't think that "sweet child o mine" is overly complex, I'm a Bassist that still plays a bit of guitar (& consider my self pretty ordinary) & i still managed to lean that song (solos included) in less than an hour! + my band used to play it & it always went over pretty well! the only reason we stoped playing it is cause we had to get a new singer that couldn't sing it!