So I was just on lunch from work and I decided to run into the local pawn shop (they really know nothing about guitars I asked the guys a few quesions they had NO CLUE)... Anyway so they just got in a used Jackson DXMG yseterday, black, 2 EMG pickups, 24-jumbo frets, Jackson Shark fin inlays, a reverse head, in great condition for 140$ CDN taxes in. Good deal?? I couldnt believe it, I had no time to play with it much I just plugged it in to make sure it works, checked the tonation, and picked it up on impulse. It had the locking nut but didnt come with the whammy bar
Anway, seems like a great guitar Ive always wanted a Jackson but never had the $$ for a brand new one.. Anyone else own this guitar got any comments/suggestions? How are those EMG's? Cant wait to get home and set it up man...
To live is to Die...
I can't remember the difference between the DXMG and the DKMG, as one of them is ****e at list price, but however 140 CDN doesn't sound that bad a price for it used
Sounds like a steal for 140 personally. A locking nut costs practically nothing, so dont be too distressed about that.
^You mean a whammy bar mate, he's got the locking nut. But yeah, a new bar costs next to nothing.
Quote by ProjectDark
Yea, sorry... coffee has yet to kick in, but yea, its still a good deal.

I cheated, I'm on my second cup now

And 140 canadian dollars is more or less £70?!? That IS a bargain!
Quote by philipisabeast
I can't remember the difference between the DXMG and the DKMG, as one of them is ****e at list price, but however 140 CDN doesn't sound that bad a price for it used

One its basswood, the other is alder and one have emg-hz and the other have emg's, i guess.. And the body of the DKMG is archtop
Are they EMG actives or EMG-HZs. If they are actives, you stole the thing, but even fi they are the HZs, you got one hell of a deal.
What a great deal

Most of the pawn shops around here are savy to prices from having internet in their stores
Yeah its the EMG-HZ's, still a hell of a deal.. These guys clearly dont know what the hell there doin when it comes to guitars cuz they had a Yamaha RGX for $170 right next to the jackson lol... I cant wait to get home and jam

Ill post some pics when I get home too.
To live is to Die...
Last edited by jparks at Sep 21, 2007,
I played a DXMG recently, I did't think it was worth within £100 of the asking price personally, but at that price it's a very good buy.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
I always hear stories like this about someone getting a good guitar at a cheap price from a pawn shop. Every time I go to one they always have crap yamaha and no name strat copies and beaten no-name acoustics. Then again maybe I get beaten to finding such a deal by other guitarists in the area...
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Last edited by CM_X5 at Sep 21, 2007,
i kno what u mean, i i wasn't planning on buying a guitar for like another year, but i found my jetking at a pawn shop, loved it, went back two days later and bought the thing, bust purchase ive ever made
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by CM_X5
I always hear stories like this about someone getting a good guitar at a cheap price from a pawn shop. Every time I go to one they always have crap yamaha and no name strat copies and beaten no-name acoustics. Then again maybe I get beaten to finding such a deal by other guitarists in the area...

well the thing is, u gotta check out those no names, thats where u find the jewels, there is a pawn sop in town that for the most part has over priced crap, but every now and then a oddly rly good no-name comes in
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional