Ray Manzerak is in my opinion the greatest organ, piano, keyboard player. Here's why if you ever listen to the doors you know they have no bass player but you still here bass parts. That's because Ray played a smaller organ on top of his regular organ that played all the bass parts. That means that he played some of the most difficult and skillful organ parts with only ONE hand while playing another part and some of those bass parts are fairly difficult. and it wasn't just over recorded because he does it Live too. Can you think off anyone who can match that?
Quote by Dr.Jimmy
Ray Manzerak is in my opinion the greatest organ, piano, keyboard player. Here's why if you ever listen to the doors you know they have no bass player but you still here bass parts. That's because Ray played a smaller organ on top of his regular organ that played all the bass parts. That means that he played some of the most difficult and skillful organ parts with only ONE hand while playing another part and some of those bass parts are fairly difficult. and it wasn't just over recorded because he does it Live too. Can you think off anyone who can match that?

agreed
That's not really an incredible skill. I've seen a lot of keyboardists do that, and better ones than Manzerak. Ben Folds, for instance. His piano parts are probably some of the most difficult in popular music, and there are songs where he'll play a synth and the piano at the same time. I saw a video of SRV and Double Trouble where his synth player was doing 2 at the same time. Every church or traditional organist can play a full set of bass pedals and 2 different keyboards at the same time. It's really not that unique or great a skill. Sorry.
Hi, I'm Peter
Rick Wakeman
New Demos (Oct. 11)

Dropoutoflifewithbonginhand
followthesmoke
towardtherifffilledland

Gear:
Vantage Mystery model Electric Guitar
Peavy TNT 115 Mid 80's model USA
Russian Big Muff
Ibanez 5 string
*reported*

There is a Doors thread on the front page, use it.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
Quote by Rhinosaur Bones
Pity about everything The Doors did after their debut then, isn't it?

Everything they did was great and their last album was brilliant. Get your head out of your ass
Yeah he's cool. Have you seen his zombie hands on the Love Me Two Times live video on youtube?
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
He's certainly not the best keyboardist in rock: there's Rick Wakemen, Kieth Emerson, and Jon Lord.

HOWEVER, he is certainly my favourite. Don't know why, just because the music he made and how it held together basically ever Doors song was amazing.

Second in my mind would be Wakeman, followed by Lord and Emerson.
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Quote by any14doomsday
Rick Wakeman
agreed x10.

Quote by Cptbeefheart
*reported*

There is a Doors thread on the front page, use it.
left open for discussion on keyboardists/piano players.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
^Ok, in that case, I'll take Keith Emerson over any other CR player.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
I'll take Keith Emerson over Ray Manzerak any day. Get a hold of the Trilogy album my Emerson, Lake, and Palmer. Another name to mention would be Art Neville from The Meters.

Not to say that Manzerak was bad (I love the Doors).... but I just can't see him being anywhere near Keith Emerson.
Follow me on instagram @createdaily
The monster from Yes
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Jordan Rudess is enough keyboards from age six to three years after death.

But please don't use the word greatest because it implies a sense of universal consensus, even if you made sure to reinforce that is your opinion. There have been, at the very least, tens of thousands of people at the same level and far surpassing people like Manzerak and Rudess, although it's only my rational assumption.
Quote by Maet
Jordan Rudess is enough keyboards from age six to three years after death.

But please don't use the word greatest because it implies a sense of universal consensus, even if you made sure to reinforce that is your opinion. There have been, at the very least, tens of thousands of people at the same level and far surpassing people like Manzerak and Rudess, although it's only my rational assumption.

Wha?
Quote by Dirk Gently
That's not really an incredible skill. I've seen a lot of keyboardists do that, and better ones than Manzerak. Ben Folds, for instance. His piano parts are probably some of the most difficult in popular music, and there are songs where he'll play a synth and the piano at the same time. I saw a video of SRV and Double Trouble where his synth player was doing 2 at the same time. Every church or traditional organist can play a full set of bass pedals and 2 different keyboards at the same time. It's really not that unique or great a skill. Sorry.

Seriously owned.

On the topic of Ray, I love his sound. He's definitely one of my personal favorite organists ever.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
I love Ray's work, but what he does with the bass is hardly different from what keyboardist usually do with their left hand, simply at a lower octave. Also, if you truly want to melt your mind, you have to listen to Oscar Peterson play piano. Whether you enjoy jazz or not, you have to appreciate his speed and ingenuity.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
Quote by Dirk Gently
Who's Rick Wakeman?

Yngwie Malmsteen of keyboards.

Also Tony Banks, Patrick Moraz, practically all Prog Rock keyboard players from 70's
"That was it, a nick. Now happily paid for. [...] It was decided that it was so far away in time and influence that...well, you only get caught when you're successful. That's the game". Robert Plant