Hey ^^ as you see am still a newbie at guitar XD and want to learn and do some trick with the whammy bar...but my whammy bar doesn't seem to work at all...my friend (who can actaully play the guitar XD) told me to unscrew my guitar at the back but I said it was ok...none of the screws were loose or nothing, and he said he doesn't know...so maybe I could get some advice here?....thankies ^^
What kind of bridge do you have? What does it look like? Any springs? What exactly are you doing with the bar? Just pulling up on it? That's enough questions for now :P
well you know its not rocket science, u get the bar and push down on it if its a tremelo, if its a fixed bridge it wont have w hammy bar
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
exaclty, what type of guitar?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I'll take a pciture of what my guitar looks like...but how do you upload pictures on this thing? :P
bro, what type of guitar, you dont need pics.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Does your guitar have anything similiar to the following:

If it doesn't have the arm, then I'm sad to say you don't have a whammy bar/tremolo/vibrato bar.

If you have the bar, then just push the arm down to lower the pitch and if you have the one shown in the middle pic, then you should also be able to pull the arm up if you have it set up properly.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
well obivously i know you have to push it down...but the thing is..nothing happens...no sound no nothing..
ok man, last chance for me anyway.

WHAT TYPE OF GUITAR DO YOU HAVE.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Ok, Pick the string then push it down. If you can't notice anything... Then you are truely classicfied as a n00b

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

ok sorry guys..maybe i didin't make it clear enough...i can screw on the whammy bar push it down and stuff but nothing comes out...no sound no nothing...
No sound? You're supposed to play a note and then when you push down on the whammy bar it should drop in pitch. Seriously, talk to jj1565, she's got the knowledge here.
Is the bridge moving at all? Like when you push down on the bar does the bit with the strings going through it move in any way?
As the guy above me said, you have to play a note, then push the bar down. It doesn't make any sound on it's own. :p
does it make any sound when you DONT use the whammy bar?
There! Murder! Death! Duck! Dead! Death f**king dead! There, the duck is dead!
If no sound is coming out at all, then your problem obviously isn't with the whammy bar...
Quote by ukilledmyduck
does it make any sound when you DONT use the whammy bar?

Here's what you do:

1. find the bottom E string.

2. pick it with your right hand.

3. find the bar

4. push it down while the note is still ringing.

Good luck

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

no the strings make sounds just not the whammy bar... to 7DaySkeptic nope the bridge doesn't move at all
okay...where are you pushing down? at the base of the arm or the tip. push at the tip.

what westfield is it?
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
That's interesting. Alright, next step is to find out the exact type of guitar you have, or at least the kind of bridge, as there are a few different types. Maybe find a guitar shop website and look through it for the same guitar as yours?
Quote by DagMX
okay...where are you pushing down? at the base of the arm or the tip. push at the tip.

what westfield is it?

i tried pushing down at the tip i thought i heard it worked then i tried it for a couple oftimes but nothing happend...and its a westfield pro series....my mum doesn't know how to buy guitars...-.-'
How hard are you pressing down? If the springs attached to the bridge are screwed in tight, you might have to press down quite firmly.
Quote by kyrreca
How hard are you pressing down? If the springs attached to the bridge are screwed in tight, you might have to press down quite firmly.

good advice ^^ thankies XD
Quote by kyrreca

That said, even a slight depression on the arm causes a noticeable change in pitch. He should be able to hear it, unless hes tone deaf

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
godsake kyrreca!! you helped me ^^ it works now!!! thanks...and thanks to everyone that helped!!!
have fun

Quote by KileManA7X

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
Sweet, just don't go smashing it down and losing an eye to a string :P

i won't...am just happy now ^^ hehehe thankies to everyone who helped and a big thanks to kyrreca ^^ yous are lifesavers XD

ps if you all thought i was a boy...well...am not XD
btw one more question people....how much do you need to screw it in and does it really matter? would it affect the whammy bar?....
You'll find some people on here are far more likely to help girls than guys, so well done for saying so, lol

How much you screw it in shouldn't matter, you might as well screw it in with enough give so it can rotate quite freely.
You should screw it in till it stops/theres too much force to screw any further, at this stage on my strat the arm is loose enough to drop, but tight enough to stay in position if I let go (talking about the actual whammy arm)
lol @ this thread

by the way if it is really stiff then you can take a spring out the back and it won't be so hard to push down

you probably want two in (no less!)
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

www.myspace.com/samtewari
Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You'll find some people on here are far more likely to help girls than guys, so well done for saying so, lol

How much you screw it in shouldn't matter, you might as well screw it in with enough give so it can rotate quite freely.

you never know hwne a guy needs help XD :P lol anyways thanks for the advice people ^^