Hey, I've made a pretty stupid mistake and really need some help fixing it. I was restringing my strat for the first time last night and when I tried to push the string out the back it didn't seem to be going so I took the top end of the string and threaded that through the hole and tried to pull it out that way and now the string has got stuck, so can anyone help with a way of getting the string out?
where is the string stuck? back of the body into the bottom of the bridge or on the tuner post? can you cut it out with wire cutters?
not much organized information there to know what your talking about but,

why would putting it in two spots get the string out lolz?? that would get it stuck like you did

1-Get some plyers, and lossen the post all the way, but not to far or the string starts to gain tension again, and grab string with pliers and push it inwards to get it out the top, note you may have to cut the wiggly pieces on the top to get it to come out

2-I assume your trying to take old strings off, so cut all the strings at the halfway mark, only once you have taken all the tension off all the strings and have put a flat piece of wood to keep the bridge solid, guessing by how you going through back you have a FR

3-cut the burs on the post and and use plyers to pull all 12 pieces out the guitar since you cut 6 strings in half to have 12 strings

4-put new strings on

5-put 1 string in, push string backwards in post about 1" and then wind the string till the string faces south direction then bend it the opposite direction and make a creas on the string then go back around underneath that string and flip it over to the west direction and use a wind tool and wind the peg to tension FTW
the bead on the end of the string used to always get stuck in the tremelo part on the start style guitar i have, even when you put it in the right way, so i got nail (like for bulding things) and ground off the tip so it was not pointed, put the nail in the hole where the string comes out, then took a small weighted object (lilke a hammer or a book) and tapped the nail so the bead on the enbd of string got unstuck
Quote by Steve The Plank
Maybe you should just eliminate the idea of being a LEAD guitarist or a RHYTHM guitarist and just come to terms with being a guitarist.

Quote by Mike Huber
I used to steal legos from my friend. He always had the coolest pieces.
Last edited by CBA28 at Sep 21, 2007,
Quote by CBA28
the bead on the end of the string used to always get stuck in the tremelo part, even when you put it in the right way, so i got nail (like for bulding things) and ground off the tip so it was not pointed, put the nail in the hole where the string comes out, then took a small weighted object (lilke a hammer or a book) and tapped the nail so the bead on the enbd of string got unstuck

It depends how the string is twisted when you first put it in silly no need to grind the ball or cut it off, you put it in about a horizontal angle , and put it to tension and manually stretch the strings as you stretch the strings it also puts the ball more snuggly into the slot
Quote by hardcoredarrell
It depends how the string is twisted when you first put it in silly no need to grind the ball or cut it off, you put it in about a horizontal angle , and put it to tension and manually stretch the strings as you stretch the strings it also puts the ball more snuggly into the slot

no thats not in the tunign posts its on the tremelo on the body

i must not under stand his problem......
Quote by Steve The Plank
Maybe you should just eliminate the idea of being a LEAD guitarist or a RHYTHM guitarist and just come to terms with being a guitarist.

Quote by Mike Huber
Quote by gblues rocker
where is the string stuck? back of the body into the bottom of the bridge or on the tuner post? can you cut it out with wire cutters?

Yeh its stuck at the bottom of the bridge and I can't cut it out cos the bead is stuck in there
im tellin ya just tap it out with a nail
Quote by Steve The Plank

Quote by Mike Huber
Quote by ljw92
Yeh its stuck at the bottom of the bridge and I can't cut it out cos the bead is stuck in there

ever heard of plyers?? lol get some plyers grab the inside of the ball as they are more donut brass beads, and pull it out, you could put "Rem Oil" in it to get it out also , you can't be that weak its just a bead, use Rem oil as a lubricant to make it come out with less effort

Quote by CBA28
no thats not in the tunign posts its on the tremelo on the body

i must not under stand his problem......

he didn't specify

and never use a nail to tap it out, you could scratch your guitar
Quote by hardcoredarrell
ever heard of plyers?? lol get some plyers grab the inside of the ball as they are more donut brass beads, and pull it out, you could put "Rem Oil" in it to get it out also , you can't be that weak its just a bead, use Rem oil as a lubricant to make it come out with less effort

he didn't specify

and never use a nail to tap it out, you could scratch your guitar

thats why you grind the tip off, and if its already in the hole where the string comes out then then your fine, i had that guitar for years an never stracted it doing that
Quote by Steve The Plank

Quote by Mike Huber
Last edited by CBA28 at Sep 21, 2007,
Quote by CBA28
thats why you grind the tip off, and if its already in the hole where the string comes out then then your fine, i had that quitar for years an never stracted it doing that

he's not you though , your way grinding it puts the bridge at risk of making the whole slightly bigger if you were to slip not that it won't happen but it may and we don't want anything to happen, but "Dikes" can cut the ball in half with just one squeeze better than grinding in my opinion and quicker and uses manual energy rather than electricity

the tool to your left, use it to cut the ball in half one clip for each side which is 2 snips and let it fall out of the guitar For the win

Last edited by hardcoredarrell at Sep 21, 2007,
Quote by ljw92
How am I supposed to get plyers into those tiny holes?

"Dikes" not plyers, they come in a varity of sizes

but if you do not feel like purchasing one of those, get a Dremal Bit that is very skinny so you have more control over it, and put paper towls around the area to keep you from scratching your body

P.S. wear Safety Glasses
Last edited by hardcoredarrell at Sep 21, 2007,