Right so,I apologise in advance for this long thread but here we go!,After buying a laney VC-30 (Coming from an MG) i'm gonna start planning out my analog pedalboard but i need to try and find the pedals that suit my songs for tone and practicality.

E.g on one song i'm using a setting on my Me-50 which include the following patches:

1.Distortion,Compressor and noise supressor.
2.Same as above but with delay.
3.Same as above but a good bit louder.

Now in that song i need to go from 3>2>1>2>1>3>2>1>3 (if that makes sense)

And in another song i would have a setting which includes these patches:
1.Distortion,Compressor,Noise supressor.
2.Overdrive,Compressor,Noise supressor.
3.Clean - Completely unaltered.

Right so,Presuming you've understood so far Perhaps you could assist me

Straight away i'm thinking:
1.Clean-I'll use my clean on my laney(naturally :P)

2.Overdrive:
(i)The Overdrive on the laney
(ii)Getting a Visual Sound Jekyll and hyde and using the jekyll side for overdrive

3.Distortion-Now here's where it gets tricky because ideally i'd like to go from distortion>clean OR distortion>Overdrive IN ONE PRESS OF A BUTTON(Or one motion e.g on the jeckyll and hyde you can turn them both on and/or off simultaneously)
So i could use/Get:
(i) A tubescreamer to push the overdrive channel on the laney(that would mean i'd have to press two different pedals to go from distortion>clean though)
(ii)Use the Distortion side of the jekyll and hyde(Not sure if this would be as full sounding as a tubescreamer pushing the OD channel though)

4.Compressor Sustainer-I have this on as i feel it always adds great warmth to any OD or distortion and gives immense sustain,So I do feel it's a necessity to have:
(i)Boss CS03
(ii)MXR dyna comp
(iii)Can you reccomend any more?

5.Boost-Straight away i was thinking of an MXR micro amp,And i think that'll do the job niceley as i've already played around with it

6.Delay-On my me-50 i use the anolog setting with all of the knobs at 3-4 o clock for all of my songs,So i guess i'm trying to re-create that in a pedal,I'm planning on trying out a DD-6 But what would ye reccommend for good delay in general?

7.Tuner-I'll just go with a TU-2 as the amount of well reknowned bands that use them assure me it's good

So if ye can give me any suggestions on what to try out or think about it'd be greatly appreciated!
Also i presume i've left a few things out that i can't think of right now so apologies there too,Thanks for reading!
Epi Lp Custom-->Ernie Ball VPJR-->Visual Sound Jekyll And Hyde-->Boss TU-2-->Boss Tr-2-->ISP Decimator-->Dan-Electro Reel Echo-->MXR Micro Amp-->Laney VC-30 2x10

The Cubists
1.Clean-I'll use my clean on my laney(naturally :P)

sounds good to me, those laneys have great cleans

2.Overdrive:
(i)The Overdrive on the laney
(ii)Getting a Visual Sound Jekyll and hyde and using the jekyll side for overdrive

honestly, I'd go with both - gives you lots of versitility

3.Distortion-Now here's where it gets tricky because ideally i'd like to go from distortion>clean OR distortion>Overdrive IN ONE PRESS OF A BUTTON(Or one motion e.g on the jeckyll and hyde you can turn them both on and/or off simultaneously)
So i could use/Get:
(i) A tubescreamer to push the overdrive channel on the laney(that would mean i'd have to press two different pedals to go from distortion>clean though)
(ii)Use the Distortion side of the jekyll and hyde(Not sure if this would be as full sounding as a tubescreamer pushing the OD channel though)

you don't need a tubescreamer if you get the jeckyll and hyde, the jeckyll side is a tubescreamer. Again, using the jeckyll side along with your amps OD will give you a different sound to using the hyde side of the pedal, and using both sides together will give yet another different sound.

4.Compressor Sustainer-I have this on as i feel it always adds great warmth to any OD or distortion and gives immense sustain,So I do feel it's a necessity to have:
(i)Boss CS03
(ii)MXR dyna comp
(iii)Can you reccomend any more?

i'm not to up on compressors, so i can't comment, tho i hear the 2 you've mentioned are both pretty good.

5.Boost-Straight away i was thinking of an MXR micro amp,And i think that'll do the job niceley as i've already played around with it

in all honesty, again, if you go with the jeckyll and hyde, you're not gonna need a boost as the jeckyll side can do that, tho you may want to look at something like a graphic EQ for use as a boost, this adds huge amounts of versitility to your rig.

6.Delay-On my me-50 i use the anolog setting with all of the knobs at 3-4 o clock for all of my songs,So i guess i'm trying to re-create that in a pedal,I'm planning on trying out a DD-6 But what would ye reccommend for good delay in general?

for delay, I'd reccomend 3 pedals, the DD-6 and DD-3 from boss, the 6 is effectively the 3 with more features. these are great if you wana go digital, if you wana go analogue, then the deluxe memory man from EHX, this is an amazing delay pedal, tho the delay times will not be quite as accurate as the digital (boss) and you will lose high end in each delay, though some people like this. i use a DD-3 and i love it. got nothing to say about it thats bad. tho use it in the effects loop of your amp, you'll find it soudns better, though it does mean you have to buy 2 more cables!

7.Tuner-I'll just go with a TU-2 as the amount of well reknowned bands that use them assure me it's good

I use a tu-2, its great. a lot of people will tell you to go with the peterson or the planet waves, granted, they are better than the boss. but they're more expensive, and the boss is fine really, and can power all of your pedals.
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

"I use a tu-2, its great. a lot of people will tell you to go with the peterson or the planet waves, granted, they are better than the boss. but they're more expensive, and the boss is fine really, and can power all of your pedals."

Very good point about the abilty to power the rest of the pedals
Epi Lp Custom-->Ernie Ball VPJR-->Visual Sound Jekyll And Hyde-->Boss TU-2-->Boss Tr-2-->ISP Decimator-->Dan-Electro Reel Echo-->MXR Micro Amp-->Laney VC-30 2x10

The Cubists
Quote by CommanderCool6
"I use a tu-2, its great. a lot of people will tell you to go with the peterson or the planet waves, granted, they are better than the boss. but they're more expensive, and the boss is fine really, and can power all of your pedals."

Very good point about the abilty to power the rest of the pedals

the tu-2 doesnt power your pedals. seriously, dont use that function. its just as easy to attach a daisy chain directly to your power supply, and much more reliable too.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
1. +1 on clean for the laney
2. +1 for the VS J&H
3. same as 2
4. never used them
5. same as 2. but +1 for the eq. MXR 10 band eq will work nicely
6. delay. try out both a deluxe memory man, and a dd-3/6 side by side. i like the DMM better.
7. a tuner is a tuner. unless you go with peterson. i think theres one other one out there iwith a good buffer, think its korg. not sure though. cant you mod a TU-2 to be TB?
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!