Seems like a strange question,but here me out.

Seems like eveyrone on here has a major problem with all forms of the Marshall MG solid state amps. Fair enough. Having never played through one, i can't comment on them.

However I was wondering ... are these amps genuinely ****, in comparision to other practise amps (Cubes, SPiders etc) or are they just bad in comparision to the other Marshalls on the market? Do people hate these amps simply because they're seen as a flaw in Marshall's impeccable standard or are they so truly bad that the same animosity be generated towards them if they were made by a less respected company?
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’
PM Noxiosimitator to join
They're shit because they're cheaply manufactured modeling amps designed to cater for beginner guitarists who're looking for an overdriven/distorted tone without having to give up a large chunk of their savings.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Most people would say they are preety crap yeah but I had one a while ago and it wasn't that bad but wasn't that good either. The Clean channel is okay but the distortion is preety rubbish compared to other amps
Completely missing the point...read the inital post again.
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’
PM Noxiosimitator to join