Poll: Global Warming True or False?
Poll Options
View poll results: Global Warming True or False?
True
169 73%
False
63 27%
Voters: 232.
Page 1 of 4
Basicly everyone knows the theory of global waming, but does anyone believe its aload of Bull****, some scientists say that its just natural for the planet to be doing this. In the 1800's in England you could grow grapes, now it isnt warm enough to. Anyway what do you Believe?
Manchester United
It is warm enough in England to grow grapes and it's getting better by the year.

Climate change is natural, but not at the rate of several degrees in a few decades. We're definetly contributing.
I think even if Global warming is over-exaggerated it still wouldn't hurt to cut down on emissions and use more renewable energy.
It was also cold enough to Ice skate on the Thames river for 3 weeks.

PSN ID: ArranP
I dont believe it.... although i dont think all the carbon emissions are helping
Quote by spazzymagee417
after i wipe i look at the toilet paper. anyone else do that?

Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
hamburger. put your wang between your cojones and turn 'em sideways.

hahahaha
I believe it cause all the evidence points that way.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
World is getting warmer, undeniable.

It's having serious effects on countless regions around the world, undeniable.

It's rising faster than it ever has before, undeniable.

We're are having a serious impact on the environment, undeniable.

The environment, in turn, is having a serious impact on us, undeniable.

We can stop it, debatable.

We should try, of course we fucking should.

Do you really want to be remembered in history as the generation that sat back and watched as our world fell to pieces around us? Or worse, leave nothing behind for future generations, and never be remembered?
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
A bit of both. But let me put it this way:

Let me give you a little scenario here:
(These are worst case scenarios)
If it's not real and we think it is and cut down on pollution; Economic breakdown.
If it's not real we don't belive it and don't cut down; We pollute the world too much and die.
It's real and we belive it and cut down; Economic breakdown. (WW III?)
It's real and we don't cut down; We all die.

Imho, we've got nothing to lose for cutting down.
This is a really poor question. No one with any intellectual integrity or credibility denies global warming. The question is whether human beings are causing it or can do anything about it.
Hi, I'm Peter
This is dumb. Global warming is not theory, global warming is fact.
PiT LURK3R

Quote by _Mayday_
Fellow Transformers, it has come to my attention that we have the mighty Megatron in our midst!

Ninja of the Ninja Club
Okay there are four possibilities:

Global warming exists and we do something about it - dodge a bullet
Global warming doesn't exist and we do something about it anyway - have a healthier planet
Global warming exists and we do nothing - screwed
Global warming doesn't exist and we do nothing - meh, stays the same.

I think that global warming is a threat, but even if I'm wrong, would it really be so bad to spend a little money on making the world a little greener?
My rig:

Guitars:
Ibanez Jetking 2 (electric)
Hohner HW300-G TBK (acoustic)

Amps:
Peavey Encore 65
Crate CP-150 and building my own cabinet in the summer

Effects:
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Dunlop Cry-Baby Wah
Quote by SmarterChild
It is warm enough in England to grow grapes and it's getting better by the year.

Climate change is natural, but not at the rate of several degrees in a few decades. We're definetly contributing.

/Thread

There's really no denying climate change. The question should be: how much are we contributing to it?
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by auditorylove
Boston trains are switching to Hybrids to help which is awesome. $1.3 Million per train though.. ouch

Just wanted to add this idea to the discussion and see what people's opinion on it is:

Helping the planet is fine and all, and I'm all for it. But what are people with hybrid cars going to do when their batteries die, they throw them away, and they end up causing MORE pollution than traditional gasoline would have in the first place?
**** off, why do you assholes think we need a new global warming thread every week?
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
theres no way we can kill the planet...unless we destroyed it by nuclear means. its only the human race and the other habiting flora and fauna that can disappear. the earth and life has survived one way or another for billions of years, since the first trace of life appeared. surely we're just an insignificant speck on a timeline that we cannot even began to imagine.

we should be looking after the planet, but we as a species are just visiting, like the dinosaurs before us, and like whatever will come after. the planet isnt ours, and there is no way we can control it.

we shouldnt have polluted it as much as we have, but pollution and disturbances are only inevitable when the population is so big. its just how we are as a species, messy and uncaring. It is just that in such big numbers the problem is multiplied.

i think thats the rant over...

what if the global warming is just mother nature's way of telling us to piss off, there's too many of us?
Quote by Lord-Hypnos
This is dumb. Global warming is not theory, global warming is fact.

lol +1, i was waiting for that. having a poll on weather ppl thing it exists or not it retarded. clearly it does exist, but the real question is what do ppl think we shud be doing about it, if anything at that.
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
its true, but **** happens..and we just have to adjust to the new climates. we can live in the harshest places on the planet so im sure we can make the best of what we have. i dont think theres anyway we can stop it.

man i really dont care do i?
The world is naturally getting warmer, not because of humans.

Its funny how many teens on this site claim to be anti-mainstream/government yet fall for the government's fear propaganda of man made global warming.
Quote by Doofag
The world is naturally getting warmer, not because of humans.
Its funny how many teens on this site claim to be anti-mainstream/government yet fall for the government's fear propaganda of man made global warming.

Have you got any evidence that what is happening now has happened before? One examplle I'm going to put out is the North West passage. It's been discovered this week that you can sail right through without having trouble with ice. This has been the first time since records began in 1972 that this has happened. This however works both ways . I don't know if this has happened before 1972, neither do you. No-one knows if this is because of humans or not, so too say that it's definetely not humans could be wrong just as if I said it's humans I could be wrong. People want to make sure that if it this hasn't happened before that we're not going to all die rather than give themselves the benefit of the doubt. The news link.

I have never heard anybody on this site claim to be anti-government. Maybe I'm just not on here enough.
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
Didn't ice ages and things happen over like, millions of years- naturally?
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
The ice on mars is melting also...it's a cosmic change not entirely due to human interaction. It's been proven that heating and cooling has happened multiple times throughout the Earth's history. The world is not coming to an end.
The world is not coming to an end.

But it would likely mean the end of lots of us people, but if it means our beloved celebrities can fly around in private jets then a possibly premature death is totally the way to go?
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
Quote by denizenz
The ice on mars is melting also...it's a cosmic change not entirely due to human interaction. It's been proven that heating and cooling has happened multiple times throughout the Earth's history. The world is not coming to an end.

But has it been proven to what extent the Earth has warmed up to before, what ice shelfs metlted last time it happened? There's always something in my mind that's thinking what if this climate change is more dramtic than before. What other changes will the planet experience if that is true.
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
What if the sun is just getting hotter..?
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
We had this discussion in geography today.

Climate change is inevitable and there WILL be another ice age. Not in any of our life times but there will be one.
The draughts in my country say yes! And the erratic weather patterns agree!
Quote by Flemfloyd
But has it been proven to what extent the Earth has warmed up to before, what ice shelfs metlted last time it happened? There's always something in my mind that's thinking what if this climate change is more dramtic than before. What other changes will the planet experience if that is true.

Lots of hypotheticals...also read this:

Quote by denizenz
Lots of hypotheticals...also read this:

Wow, uber-bias on that second article. And really, the Greenland ice sheet is one thing, but it's the Antarctic ice sheet that's the real problem, it being much bigger. Also, as the article says, this time the Earth is heating up much quicker as a result of human activity, so what happened last time may not be so relevant this time.
Quote by Flemfloyd
Have you got any evidence that what is happening now has happened before? One examplle I'm going to put out is the North West passage. It's been discovered this week that you can sail right through without having trouble with ice. This has been the first time since records began in 1972 that this has happened. This however works both ways . I don't know if this has happened before 1972, neither do you. No-one knows if this is because of humans or not, so too say that it's definetely not humans could be wrong just as if I said it's humans I could be wrong. People want to make sure that if it this hasn't happened before that we're not going to all die rather than give themselves the benefit of the doubt. The news link.

I have never heard anybody on this site claim to be anti-government. Maybe I'm just not on here enough.

Yes the earth has warmed before. Medival Warm period is most common referred to.

No one claims anti-gov/mainstream? This must be first day in pit, welcome.
Quote by auditorylove
Are you asking if we believe it will happen? Or if we think this is just natural?

Hear, hear. But if there isn't the motivation of global warming (i think it's overblown bollocks, BTW) then politicians and the like wouldn't bother to cut down on the fumes and extent the use of our fossil fuels. They would choose to save money over the population's health.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
phake

/thread
Quote by ShaunDiel
Listen to this man. His 2 ideas in five minutes have shat all over your serious ideas.
Quote by denizenz

Key word: Entirely.

The planets climate has risen and fallen for millennia without human interference. True.

But never this fast. That's the biggest argument. We've basically way above the curve as the natural ebb and flow of the planet goes.

The world isn't coming to an end, but the lives and habitats of thousands of species and millions of people probably are.

It is undeniable fact that we have had a colossal impact on the world, and most of it negative. We have destroyed. Even if this global warming thing is 99% natural, we should be working to repair the damage we have done before we do trigger something irreversable and catastrophic.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Last edited by Caustic at Sep 21, 2007,
Page 1 of 4