Page 1 of 2
Yeah when I first read about it the first thing I thought of was War Of The Worlds.
Own a PS3?
Add me: ILOVECHICKEN
Quote by PastaOfMuppets
Yeah when I first read about it the first thing I thought of was War Of The Worlds.

hahaha could be.

is Peru full of hypochondriacs or what? the docs found no evidence it was the meteor that made 200 people sick at once
Doctors said peoples illnesses were psychological...
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
*gasp* The end.... it has begun.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Man your battlestations, we are at war!

.. with rocks.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Everything is the end of the world these days.

ZOMG meteorite hit Peru, the world's going to end!
ZOMG 2012 is going to be the end of the world!
ZOMG a big meteor is going to hit us in 2034 which will wipe out the human race!
Quote by buckethead_jr
Everything is the end of the world these days.

ZOMG meteorite hit Peru, the world's going to end!
ZOMG 2012 is going to be the end of the world!
ZOMG a big meteor is going to hit us in 2034 which will wipe out the human race!

what is this 2012 theory? i know The Klaxons say that but I dont know why
This is how Starship Troopers started...

Super perfundo on the early eve of your day.
Surely if any end of world scenario was to arise it would be from the impact of the meteor ripping us a new one.
Quote by auditorylove

I have no idea tbh.

I've heard it all over the place, i think it's something that was said in the bible.
Well, not directly, but still.
I read this news a couple of days ago, currently some scientists/doctors are stating the reasons for the illnesses due to some chemical compounds created due to some reaction that happened along the way into the earth's atmosphere or something (some sciency stuff).
And the smell's from some sulphur compound.
And... it's said to be pretty normal to have such compounds when meteorites hit earth.
Quote by auditorylove

The Mayan calendar ends on December 21, 2012, people suggest it ends because of the end of the world, and they where damn good predictors, I believe. But I don't think its the end of the world I think its the end of Civilization, and order and organization.
Quote by buckethead_jr
I have no idea tbh.

I've heard it all over the place, i think it's something that was said in the bible.
Well, not directly, but still.

Are you serious?

lol @ uneducation when living in the information age.'

2012 is the end of the Mayan Calender, who moves in 3 stages of approx 26,000 years. 2012 marks the end to the third cycle (called Baktuns) which the Mayans have called "The End Of Time."

Unfortunately it's a loose translation and has been seized by paranoid dip****s that think The End Of Time means The End Of The World. It does not. The Mayans meant it as a way to say "the end of an Era" or otherwise known as a Paradigm Shift. Much like when the world as a whole accepted that the Earth was Round and the consequent discoveries that came from acceptance of that truth, another paradigm shift is upon us. Which can be narrowed down to our search for "God" or the universal energy that exists. Religions are breaking at the seams through crossovers and lack of prohecy being fulfilled and Science is teetering very close to Spirituality in it's search for "The Theory For Everthing" (which String Theory is close to, but still not the answer they are going to find). We're all searching for the Truth and the answers in our own way and we're all going to arrive at the same answer. This is the essence of Unity.

December 21, 2012 is supposed to be the exact date for this transition and many people unfortunately believe that day is either going to be Armageddon in which the World explodes in a fiery hell or Instant Manifestation into the 4th Dimensional reality in which all of our desires and fears are instantly manifested into physical reality.

It's not going to be either, though. December 21, 2012 is just going to be another day but also a major threshold of the people on Earth collectively come to some form of Worldwide acceptance on a Uniting Truth.
Last edited by Ego Tripping at Sep 21, 2007,
What about the anti-Christ pope?
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Quote by thefoundationof
The Mayan calendar ends on December 21, 2012, people suggest it ends because of the end of the world, and they where damn good predictors, I believe. But I don't think its the end of the world I think its the end of Civilization, and order and organization.

Yes. It's also the time when our Sun aligns with the Galactic Center of the Milky Way, which astrologically means major shifts. Much like the Full Moon can make people and things act quirky, picture that but 1000X stronger.

And I agree, I feel it's going to be the end of what we deem as Civilization which really means the end of people needing large Governmental institutions in order to organize themselves.
Quote by rickyy
Man your battlestations, we are at war!

.. with rocks.

Worth a passing lolz.
Quote by Ego Tripping
Are you serious?

lol @ uneducation when living in the information age.'

Yeah, I'm uneducated.

It's just cause it was on the Simpsons just there
There are meteors passing the Earth all the bloody time. We just don't know.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Pfft, wake me when the zombies start walkin'.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Ego Tripping
Yes. It's also the time when our Sun aligns with the Galactic Center of the Milky Way, which astrologically means major shifts. Much like the Full Moon can make people and things act quirky, picture that but 1000X stronger.

And I agree, I feel it's going to be the end of what we deem as Civilization which really means the end of people needing large Governmental institutions in order to organize themselves.

What do you mean 'aligns with'? If you only have two objects, you can draw a straight line between them, so they will ALWAYS be aligned.

I may have the wrong end of the stick, care to re-phrase or something?
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by -February-Star-
What do you mean 'aligns with'? If you only have two objects, you can draw a straight line between them, so they will ALWAYS be aligned.

I think he's got it wrong. it's something like the sun, some of the planets of the solar system and the centre of the galaxy, which is supposed to cause a mayor pull on the earth. Apparently this could cause ocean swells or even pull the earth out of orbit.
However, if they are in line, surely there will be pull from both sides, which would even it out?
Quote by -February-Star-

It's not just two objects, it's the Sun, Earth through certain consellations and planets. I need to do more research into this statement though to get the exact details of why 2012 is such a unique configuration.

What is known however, is the Mayans based their entire concept of Time off Astronomy/Astrology and 2012 is specifically noted as such due to it's Astronomical configuration and alignment with the galactic center.

It should also be noted that the 26,000 cycles they described also match the time length of each precession/wobble of the Earth's Axis.
Quote by McCheese
I think he's got it wrong. it's something like the sun, some of the planets of the solar system and the centre of the galaxy, which is supposed to cause a mayor pull on the earth. Apparently this could cause ocean swells or even pull the earth out of orbit.
However, if they are in line, surely there will be pull from both sides, which would even it out?

Not so much wrong as I didn't elaborate enough. But you're very right, it would even out. Which really might point to that there isn't going to be anything physically different about that day but perhaps more psychological in it's effects on the Planet.

If you believe or give any creedence to Astrology and it's configurations (true Astrological Science, not the BS Horoscopes you read in the Paper), then it's a very interesting alignment.
im 18 now. I dont care... I can do whatever the hell i want now so if it ends at least i wont have to get old.

PSN ID: ArranP
It's ok...

as long as it didnt look green when it came to Earth
and as long as it didn't come from mars
and it doesn't happen across the world
and strange hammering like noises start coming from it
and you don't hear "Ulla" being cryed from meteorite to meteorite

it'll all be fine.

Silly mexican hypochondriacs...

Take a look around you at the world we've come to know
Does it seem to be much more than a crazy circus show
But maybe from the madness something beautiful will grow
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Sounds like radiation poisoning to me.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Quote by Ego Tripping
Not so much wrong as I didn't elaborate enough. But you're very right, it would even out. Which really might point to that there isn't going to be anything physically different about that day but perhaps more psychological in it's effects on the Planet.

If you believe or give any creedence to Astrology and it's configurations (true Astrological Science, not the BS Horoscopes you read in the Paper), then it's a very interesting alignment.

Yeah it is very interesting
Must be a pretty uncommon event!
I was just disproving all the sensationalist ideas
Quote by AzureNight
Sounds like radiation poisoning to me.

No, because no traces of radiation have been found in the area.
The end of the world started as soon as started man evolve from the bacteria which lived upon this earth.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
Page 1 of 2